Taylor swift

brettredmayne

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They're definitely showing OK in the account - it was an AXS issue so had to spin up a new account on the fly to check them out.

But now wondering if I can try for another 4 on the original email address if I get a Verified link.

I’m not sure on that. I dunno if we have clarity over whether the 4 per household carries over. Might have to wait and see there. If it does refresh then yeah I think you’d be able to crack on and buy more tickets.

Does anybody know any sites where I can get the money for tickets straight away? I’ve got 2 standing tickets for Edinburgh for sale. I managed to get 2 for Liverpool which was my preferred choice as I live in Manchester so could do with getting the money back for them ASAP. If anybody on here wants them I’m happy to give out my personal social media so you can see I’m legit. Any help appreciated 

Edited by LockdownP

4 minutes ago, LockdownP said:

Does anybody know any sites where I can get the money for tickets straight away? I’ve got 2 standing tickets for Edinburgh for sale. I managed to get 2 for Liverpool which was my preferred choice as I live in Manchester so could do with getting the money back for them ASAP. If anybody on here wants them I’m happy to give out my personal social media so you can see I’m legit. Any help appreciated 

It looks like tickets will have the lead booker named on them and they are saying (which might not be the reality) that they’ll check ID, so you’ll have to go through official resale process. Not sure anything has been announced yet though, so you might have to wait until the main sale is finished next week unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

It looks like tickets will have the lead booker named on them and they are saying (which might not be the reality) that they’ll check ID, so you’ll have to go through official resale process. Not sure anything has been announced yet though, so you might have to wait until the main sale is finished next week unfortunately.

Thanks mate I’ll hang fire and see what’s what after the main sale then

15 minutes ago, LockdownP said:

I might know someone who will take them. PM me and I’ll get you the details. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Just wait it out. The dust needs to settle and theyll clarify whats going on with transfers/resale. You have a year, the demand for tickets isnt going anywhere

Yeah I know they’d sell fine I’m just after getting rid of them early doors and getting my money back for 2 and sticking with the other 2 I’ve got for Liverpool 

7 hours ago, Suprefan said:

So the next "wrinkle" Is will they actually check id. I mean the queues would be even worse if they did this when they gotta get so many people Inside, right?

IMG_6565.jpeg

Multiple gigs on the last few U2 tours. 

even one of the arena tours didn’t have tickets. The purchase card was required, plus ID to get into GA. 

id lost mine, it wasn’t a pleasant hour to gain access. 

8 minutes ago, stuwilky said:

Multiple gigs on the last few U2 tours. 

even one of the arena tours didn’t have tickets. The purchase card was required, plus ID to get into GA. 

id lost mine, it wasn’t a pleasant hour to gain access. 

Yeah, but thats the last time a huge tour had the requirement. I went to a few of their shows which had credit card entry and it was pretty time consuming and I recall a few dates starting late because the scanners went down. And there was a time when certain gigs had standing tickets be credit card entry only then they did away with it. Point is it feels like this is just verbage on it all to try and scare anyone who got third party tickets. But the funny thing was that in the past ticketmaster used to advertise ticket transfer so you wouldnt have to worry about this sort of thing. 

5 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

That piece is a load of nonsense right out the gate. I don’t think the queue was ever “hundred-thousand-deep”, tickets went as cheap as £60 and the VIP options weren’t compulsory. The queue for the final Wembley show yesterday was almost non-existent - I logged in 10 minutes after the sale started and could have bought any category ticket (and did grab a £60 one for a great seat). 

They’ve had that piece in mind and just written it despite the reality of this week’s ticket sale. I’m all for holding acts/ticket sites/the industry to account on this stuff and the VIP packages are worth criticising, but writing a piece that’s immediately full of nonsense isn’t going to get your point across. Just the same as the Guardian piece earlier in the week. There’s a story to write about this and the wider industry, but that ain’t it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was fully expecting the ticket sale to be an absolute shitshow, and I can’t speak for anybody else as some people on here had a bit of a mare, but I think it went pretty smoothly all things considered. Kind of wished I’d held out for slightly better tickets instead of just panic buying the first ones to pop up in my price range, but other than that, no complaints here.

Been watching some videos from some of her shows, namely those of people just losing their minds, and I’m both equal parts gutted that I won’t be amongst it all in the standing area and also completely relieved to not be anywhere near that madness, but I am looking forward to just generally how hype these shows are gonna be. My mum is gonna be sat next to me absolutely nonplussed as to why her once emo/goff son knows all the words to some Taylor b-sides she’s never even heard of. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, jparx said:

That piece is a load of nonsense right out the gate. I don’t think the queue was ever “hundred-thousand-deep”, tickets went as cheap as £60 and the VIP options weren’t compulsory. The queue for the final Wembley show yesterday was almost non-existent - I logged in 10 minutes after the sale started and could have bought any category ticket (and did grab a £60 one for a great seat). 

They’ve had that piece in mind and just written it despite the reality of this week’s ticket sale. I’m all for holding acts/ticket sites/the industry to account on this stuff and the VIP packages are worth criticising, but writing a piece that’s immediately full of nonsense isn’t going to get your point across. Just the same as the Guardian piece earlier in the week. There’s a story to write about this and the wider industry, but that ain’t it.

Yeah its lots of fluff for nothing to get hits. I think overall these sales lucked out because the traffic never got too insane to still be able to get in eventually and buy. The verified sale still has a chance to be a shitshow since theres no indication how many people will get it.

This morning it went pretty well because you could tell there were people who were trying their code again and realizing it didnt work so the queue went much faster compared to Monday. And might hint as to how fewer people signed up for the free presale code compared to buying the album? As much as some of the swifties tried to think ahead last year they didnt take 30 seconds for backup.

Funny thing was Boygenius had presales this morning for some new fall dates in some big venues and there was more panic and stress from people overall than the midnights presale. Again, since no safeguards were put into place. Just the band publicly posting the password and even having platinum/dynamic activated so a pair of lower bowl seats at MSG went for $800 on average. And the clueless fanbase just buying up tickets or hoping prices drop in the piblic onsale.

20 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah its lots of fluff for nothing to get hits. I think overall these sales lucked out because the traffic never got too insane to still be able to get in eventually and buy. The verified sale still has a chance to be a shitshow since theres no indication how many people will get it.

This morning it went pretty well because you could tell there were people who were trying their code again and realizing it didnt work so the queue went much faster compared to Monday. And might hint as to how fewer people signed up for the free presale code compared to buying the album? As much as some of the swifties tried to think ahead last year they didnt take 30 seconds for backup.

Funny thing was Boygenius had presales this morning for some new fall dates in some big venues and there was more panic and stress from people overall than the midnights presale. Again, since no safeguards were put into place. Just the band publicly posting the password and even having platinum/dynamic activated so a pair of lower bowl seats at MSG went for $800 on average. And the clueless fanbase just buying up tickets or hoping prices drop in the piblic onsale.

I think for future tours with this demand, there’s a lot to be learned from how this was handled in the UK. The unique pre sale codes, staggered on sales, allocation of ticket sites, account linked tickets and limits per customer helped enormously. It’s rewarded the fans dedicated enough to be aware of the pre sale offer last year and it’s all been fairly civilised. No server overloads, no surge pricing and reasonable prices in the context of the market have all been pleasant surprises. The main issues seemed to be on the tech side with the anti-bot stuff, but the demand being managed so carefully worked really well. Next week may well be a sh*t show, it depends how many codes they send out vs tickets left, but after Paris you’d hope they’ve learned that lesson. 

Curious why they seemingly went the extra mile in the UK though? Expecting the demand to be particularly high vs the number of tickets? 

Edited by jparx
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I did see that on Boygenius' insta - not sure how posting a presale code on socials makes it a 'fan presale' imo. Even for their London show, the presale was done through getting a code via email sign up. Only £50 to see them here - I do feel we get lucky with the prices in the UK vs. the US and their dynamic pricing

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I think for future tours with this demand, there’s a lot to be learned from how this was handled in the UK. The unique pre sale codes, staggered on sales, allocation of ticket sites, account linked tickets and limits per customer helped enormously. It’s rewarded the fans dedicated enough to be aware of the pre sale offer last year and it’s all been fairly civilised. No server overloads, no surge pricing and reasonable prices in the context of the market have all been pleasant surprises. The main issues seemed to be on the tech side with the anti-bot stuff, but the demand being managed so carefully worked really well. Next week may well be a sh*t show, it depends how many codes they send out vs tickets left, but after Paris you’d hope they’ve learned that lesson. 

Curious why they seemingly went the extra mile in the UK though? Anticipating the demand be particularly high given the number of tickets? 

I did wonder this last point too - UK seems to be one of the only European countries where she consistently gets #1 albums, so popularity for sure, but also could be related to album sales? I probably wouldn't have bought the album if it wasn't for the presale access (did not realise there was a no purchase necessary option at the time).