Taylor swift

brettredmayne

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

So there's no reselling possible? for face value? I want to go for Liverpool tickets as a backup but ideally I'll get them for Warsaw.

The album order presale  is 10th July so at least that makes sense.

I think this is all to do with who buys tickets in the first place. I'm pretty sure there will be resales allowed after they've all sold out, but TM are doing it this way to eliminate as many profit making resellers as possible. The gap in time between registering today and codes being issued for the main sale is apparently so TM can look at each account's history / details and determine if people are genuine gig goers or not. And those that they deem to be real people will get a code through.

27 minutes ago, Monkismo said:

I think this is all to do with who buys tickets in the first place. I'm pretty sure there will be resales allowed after they've all sold out, but TM are doing it this way to eliminate as many profit making resellers as possible. The gap in time between registering today and codes being issued for the main sale is apparently so TM can look at each account's history / details and determine if people are genuine gig goers or not. And those that they deem to be real people will get a code through.

Ah ok, well that sounds good in theory. Explains why they add 200% fees on.

1 hour ago, Monkismo said:

She's doing it the right way by staggering the sales for the cities over different days. London will be most popular - sell that first. People who miss out on that then get the chance to go for another city the next day if they're big enough fans (as well as the fans from the area too).

In theory. Ideally you’d want the smaller cities/venues to go on sale first though. Bit sh*t if someone who lives on the Walton Breck Road can’t get a ticket for the Anfield dates because they had to go in a bunfight with hundreds of thousands of cockneys who failed to secure one for Wembley. 

Just now, Rose-Colored Boy said:

In theory. Ideally you’d want the smaller cities/venues to go on sale first though. Bit sh*t if someone who lives on the Walton Breck Road can’t get a ticket for the Anfield dates because they had to go in a bunfight with hundreds of thousands of cockneys who failed to secure one for Wembley. 

That won't happen though will it. Cockneys wouldn't dare dream of going past Watford

2 minutes ago, Monkismo said:

Equally - I live in Manchester, but I've put Wembley as priority, Edinburgh second. I'm not going to Anfield if i can help it.

I hope this is football related pettiness as i‘m in the same position as you.
My wife has told me to ‘get a grip’ but she just doesn’t get it!

1 minute ago, st dan said:

I hope this is football related pettiness as i‘m in the same position as you.
My wife has told me to ‘get a grip’ but she just doesn’t get it!

It's actually not (I'm a Plymouth Argyle fan) - I just don't understand why she's chosen Anfield over the Etihad or LCC when the Manchester venues have a greater history of putting on concerts (and have a larger capacity). Do both by all means, but Liverpool over Manc seems a bit silly to me, especially from an accessibility point. So if I'm gonna travel and have to spend money on a hotel, I'd rather do it to a city I've not been to a hundred times and whose native accent runs through me like a nail on a chalkboard.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Monkismo said:

It's actually not (I'm a Plymouth Argyle fan) - I just don't understand why she's chosen Anfield over the Etihad or LCC when the Manchester venues have a greater history of putting on concerts (and have a larger capacity). Do both by all means, but Liverpool over Manc seems a bit silly to me, especially from an accessibility point. So if I'm gonna travel and have to spend money on a hotel, I'd rather do it to a city I've not been to a hundred times and whose native accent runs through me like a nail on a chalkboard.

Ahh your argument is much more valid than mine - as a United fan I despise that ground (and have terrible experiences from recently football related visits there!!). But yeah as you say, makes little sense to choose it over the Manchester stadiums. It’s a big draw for them to win that over the bigger neighbouring city, would love to know who made the decision (and why). 

1 minute ago, st dan said:

Ahh your argument is much more valid than mine - as a United fan I despise that ground (and have terrible experiences from recently football related visits there!!). But yeah as you say, makes little sense to choose it over the Manchester stadiums. It’s a big draw for them to win that over the bigger neighbouring city, would love to know who made the decision (and why). 

She probably did. And Matt Healy's to blame 😃

I've not logged in to post for nearly 6 years but this demanded an answer.

Yes it's a proper presale, on 10th, 11th and 12th July. And we got to register our cities in order of priority. We'll get presale codes on or around 6th-7th July apparently. And the email you have registered with Taylor's store (assuming you also pre-ordered the album between 29th August and 27th October) has to be the same one you log into Ticketmaster with so...

Ta for this (and I'm glad to have drawn you out of deep cover!) but I should have clarified that in responding to fightoffyour's message I was querying the arrangements being made for LFC season ticket-holders / members - not the Midnights pre-sale.

That said, I did pre-order, and am delighted to hear what you say about placing cities in order of preference - where did you get that from, out of interest?

1 minute ago, Jetshymotion said:

Ta for this (and I'm glad to have drawn you out of deep cover!) but I should have clarified that in responding to fightoffyour's message I was querying the arrangements being made for LFC season ticket-holders / members - not the Midnights pre-sale.

That said, I did pre-order, and am delighted to hear what you say about placing cities in order of preference - where did you get that from, out of interest?

On the presale email, you have to click through to register for the presale itself by 27th June. And then when you do, you have to rank which cities from 1-3 (so you can't choose all of them).

You havent had to do this long enough to know that the "checking" they do  simply no longer matters. Over here if you have a newer account you have a higher chance of getting a code compared to an account that is years old. I no longer ever get a verified code with my 20 year old account. But I do almost always get one with my 1 year old one. Theres an entire black market on getting access to verified accounts so that you can always get codes and you sell the account access as the "tickets". 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wxjqz4/the-cure-tried-to-stop-scalpers-brokers-are-selling-entire-ticketmaster-accounts-instead

4 minutes ago, Jetshymotion said:

Also, I used to be on here all the time between 2007 and 2017, but then didn't get tickets for 2019, or 2020 and so never came back (cos it was too hard). But I'm in a place where I can enjoy the glasto banter without hurting now, so I've logged in for the first time in years to see all the site goss. And then couldn't let a topic on Taylor go by without pitching in.

28 minutes ago, st dan said:

Even as a Liverpool supporter there’s undeniably a massive issue with Anfield gigs in terms of getting there. A 60,000 seater stadium not having a train station within a half hour walk of it is absolutely mad. Hopefully when the new Everton stadium is finished they’ll start getting the big tours instead. 

11 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

It does 😞

Got an album presale email overnight.. don’t even remember preordering the album but I’ll take it 🤷‍♂️ 

I didn't pre order it either, but there was a link to sign up for the pre sale

Pretty sure I remember it floating around on here, that's where I signed up for it

Maybe you did the same?

6 minutes ago, panda97 said:

I didn't pre order it either, but there was a link to sign up for the pre sale

Pretty sure I remember it floating around on here, that's where I signed up for it

Maybe you did the same?

Yeah having thought about it I can now remember signing up without buying anything! Well done to past me.

I’ve got Paris and Madrid as my main choices to piggyback a holiday around them. Madrid feels a bit strange with the one date, surely more to come there? The venue in Paris is much smaller than the other stadia so I think the atmosphere there could be incredible, IF I can get anywhere near tickets!

1 minute ago, Hotchilidog said:

I'm after Vienna, Zurich or Lisbon for my continental choices. Pleased to see the extra dates added. In fairness I'm registered for all of them, just want to get tickets for at least one show. Some great cities to make a neat holiday with too.

I wish I’d done those Austria ones too, not sure why with hindsight I didn’t do all the cities 😂 but never mind! I’m going to manifest Paris night 1 of the european tour.

Surely after the Swift saga going back to the 2020 cancellation we’ll all get our tickets..??!

• Upvote 1