Taylor swift

brettredmayne

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Say it’s roughbloke’s trio of AM, GNR, Elton that’s three headliners who have been going for near enough 20 years. When was the last time we had a trio like that?

2009 probably. But I was making the same point about Taylor Swift, she's been going for as long as AM had so it's kinda a moot point. Obviously Taylor is at a greater career height than AM currently are, but she's certainly not a fresh face on the scene.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Say it’s roughbloke’s trio of AM, GNR, Elton that’s three headliners who have been going for near enough 20 years. When was the last time we had a trio like that?

I understand that they are three massive acts - but you can’t deny that people will raise eyebrows at the lack of a younger headliner. I think because the demo of efests skews older, many people here will look at that trio and not think much of it. Especially if Roxy Music are the legend too… it’s a top trio heavily skewed towards a maturer audience. It’s just a very very sharp directional shift and people are allowed to feel a bit weird about it. Also if they lost Taylor it’s just a bit strange to go for someone like GNR instead. It’s interesting considering we’ve just had Billie, Stormzy etc that they wouldn’t put someone a bit greener in place of Taylor. I can’t see a lineup like AM, Dave/Dua, Elton raising eyebrows tbh. (Obviously it all depends on availability but I’m speaking purely in hypotheticals). It just feels a bit like people who go to glastonbury to see the older acts are telling others how to feel.

I think the whole thing is very nuanced. There’s a lot of factors behind why people may raise eyebrows to it. I think everyone’s opinion really is completely valid. It’s going to be a mixed reaction despite valid arguments to defend it.

Also I think if macroeconomic factors were in a more stable position people wouldn’t raise that much of an eyebrow. But with this looking to be the most expensive glastonbury ever, people will probably look more at what is on the top bill than previous years before. Younger attendees will really be weighing up whether they want to go. Is this the direction the festival really wants to take?

So yeah, very nuanced, lots of factors, and lots of valid feelings here. Things are difficult and belts are getting tightened. Even I am sitting here considering whether this is a sensible year to skip.

Also - I don’t know whether this is a demographic thing, but if glasto books three older headliners there’s a view here that it’s understandable and fine, and we shouldn’t complain about it.

But in reverse if they booked Taylor Swift, Drake and The 1975 one year it would be unfathomable as there would be nothing for the heritage crowd.

It feels a bit like it’s fine if it leans too far one way, but not fine at all the other way.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Also - I don’t know whether this is a demographic thing, but if glasto books three older headliners there’s a view here that it’s understandable and fine, and we shouldn’t complain about it.

But in reverse if they booked Taylor Swift, Drake and The 1975 one year it would be unfathomable as there would be nothing for the heritage crowd.

It feels a bit like it’s fine if it leans too far one way, but not fine at all the other way.

Feel like you're making up arguments here.

41 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

For transparency I do a bit of work for stadiums and a work contact of mine said that a few artists were circling dates for some UK stadiums. I heard Beyoncé and Taylor were putting down holds (but Taylor was putting them down under a codename to keep it quiet).

If it turns out that it’s not for this summer then I can only imagine she was getting them down for next summer. 

I wish there was a way to dig up some of my old posts, because I shared the news about Beyoncé way over a year ago.

Once again. Thank you for sharing 👍

Much appreciated!!

Just now, Matt42 said:

It’s merely an example - but I’m pretty sure if they did book a trio like that we’d have people complaining that the lineup isn’t representative.

Sure but certain people will complain about any trio no matter what it is.

41 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Whoever Glastonbury books there will be people unhappy. It’s just a fact of life.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

If Taylor can’t make Glastonbury next year, Emily will have known about it for many months. She won’t have ‘fallen through’, she’ll be lined up for 2024 or not at all.  

That’s how I see it. I find it bizarre there’s been such an assumption that she was playing and that if it isn’t her she’s ‘dropped out.’ She may never have been in the running.

46 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

2009 probably. But I was making the same point about Taylor Swift, she's been going for as long as AM had so it's kinda a moot point. Obviously Taylor is at a greater career height than AM currently are, but she's certainly not a fresh face on the scene.

They got similar criticism in 2009, and Eavis batted it away by rightly pointing  out that the festival is constrained by what they pay and when they have the option to book big acts for those fees they have to take it. Until Glastonbury starts paying 7 figures for headliners they aren’t just choosing from a chocolate box of available acts that will wait until different years. There are limits on what they can do and if it is Arctics, Elton and GNR they’ve done really well within that budget.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

That’s how I see it. I find it bizarre there’s been such an assumption that she was playing and that if it isn’t her she’s ‘dropped out.’ She may never have been in the running.

It wasn’t a “bizarre” assumption when Emily said “we think we’ve got her when she next tours”, and then it becomes clear she’s touring. On the contrary, it was the natural assumption to make…

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

It wasn’t a “bizarre” assumption when Emily said “we think we’ve got her when she next tours”, and then it becomes clear she’s touring. On the contrary, it was the natural assumption to make…

Still holds true when/if she tours the U.K. and/or festivals in ‘24. Just because she isn’t playing Glastonbury the very first instant she’s back on the road doesn’t mean the festival has failed to get her - she’s just decided to do America first, like a lot of acts do.

5 hours ago, roughbloke said:

I guess I’m struggling to see why you have such an issue believing this. If you don’t want to, fine but saying it’s BS in other threads when you have no counter evidence is odd.

you’ve never suggested anything else I’ve posted was BS apart from this. Unless you know something that we don’t?

and as I’ve said many times, this is what I’ve heard and believe correct currently. We know how quickly bookings can change. If it turns out this is wrong, that’s completely fair but I won’t be calling people out saying they are liars. 

i know there's no good reason to believe you above what others say, lots of people post stuff here claiming to know, most don't, some post every name under the sun so they  can claim later they said it. also there's no one around here except me that's spent more time trying to work out the good from the bad, so i know how people get sucked down a rabbit hole of their own wants. there's no reason to believe gnr when they're not touring and it would be a VERY strange booking as a replacement to the main female headliner when glasto have made a thing about female headliners. 

i've found the post with you naming the 2022 headliners, but that was 6+ months after i'd posted who they were, and it was already widely accepted who the headliners were.

Edited by Neil

1 minute ago, Neil said:

i know there's no good reason to believe you above what others say, lots of people post stuff here claiming to know, most don't, some post every name under the sun so they  can claim later they said it. also there's no one around here except me that's spent more time trying to work out the good from the bad, so i know how people get sucked down a rabbit hole of their own wants. there's no reason to believe gnr when they're not touring and it would be a VERY strange booking as a replacement to the main female headliner when glasto have made a thing about female headliners. 

Slash has said they’re touring next year, so there’s that at least.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Slash has said they’re touring next year, so there’s that at least.

Slash said he’s touring with the conspirators in 2023. GNR tour ending in 2022.

https://m.facebook.com/Addictslash/videos/smkc-europe-tour-will-be-begining-2023-slash-have-to-finish-guns-n-roses-tour-al/943793489880869/

https://www.ghostcultmag.com/slash-predicts-new-music-will-come-from-both-guns-n-roses-and-his-solo-band-after-touring-in-2023/

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

I agree it’s a strange booking. And I’ve never claimed to be 100% right about anything. i am simply passing on info that I have heard (from that same source that was right last year) that I believe to be right. 

You are making your own site an incredibly unenjoyable place to visit at the moment. Since I’ve posted this information, you’ve responded to almost all of my comments saying they are BS even when I was merely discussing the new Blink-182 dates ahead of them being released. Maybe you’re becoming out of touch and no longer get the information you once did? 

i am more than happy for you to disagree with information you hear, it’s a forum after all. But stop calling out my posts for being bullshit when I have no history of being a bullshitter. I’ve treated this forum with respect and expect the same from the owner. 

• Upvote 20