Taylor swift

brettredmayne

1 minute ago, OllieMadd said:

Have I missed something? This thread now seems pretty sure she's headlining but can't see an update 

Don't think so. People are speculating that the tour dates might have a glastonbury shaped hole but that's yet to be seen. I suppose the fact she's touring adds a bit of weight to the rumour she'd headline, as there was speculation she wouldn't tour until recording all her albums again.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

The last rumour we had was that she dropped out, but there’s been nothing since. 

The reaction to that rumour was strange. Seems like most people bought into it without question, when I'd argue there's as much, if not more strength in the thought that she will play. Of course it's still up in the air, and I have absolutely no supporting evidence, but I continue to believe that if she's touring, she appears to be the kind of person that would honour the original Glastonbury booking. I guess we'll find out soon enough

14 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The reaction to that rumour was strange. Seems like most people bought into it without question, when I'd argue there's as much, if not more strength in the thought that she will play. Of course it's still up in the air, and I have absolutely no supporting evidence, but I continue to believe that if she's touring, she appears to be the kind of person that would honour the original Glastonbury booking. I guess we'll find out soon enough

My money is on her playing. Literally, got 20 quid with Billy Hills on her.

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The individual who posted that did seem to have a decent track record and had been posting here for a while. It seemed to be followed by a flurry of rumours around other acts who could be playing so perhaps there were pieces moving in the background and it all ties together.

The Emily quote re: having Taylor when she tours was really compelling evidence in favour of, Emily rarely speaks with such certainty on potential acts, but we haven’t had any other specific word that she’s definitely playing. It’s a bit of a toss up really, and I hope we get some clarity either way soon! We’ve been so fixated on “when she tours she’ll play” but perhaps it’s not that simple. Since it seems she’s doing stadia, it’s not a like for like honouring of the 2020 tour. Perhaps she still intends on doing the festival tour but not for this record?

1 minute ago, jparx said:

The individual who posted that did seem to have a decent track record and had been posting here for a while. It seemed to be followed by a flurry of rumours around other acts who could be playing so perhaps there were pieces moving in the background and it all ties together.

The Emily quote re: having Taylor when she tours was really compelling evidence in favour of, Emily rarely speaks with such certainty on potential acts, but we haven’t had any other specific word that she’s definitely playing. It’s a bit of a toss up really, and I hope we get some clarity either way soon! We’ve been so fixated on “when she tours she’ll play” but perhaps it’s not that simple. Since it seems she’s doing stadia, it’s not a like for like honouring of the 2020 tour. Perhaps she still intends on doing the festival tour but not for this record?

Kendrick ditched all of his Euro festival dates but kept Glastonbury, so I don't think it's beyond likelihood that she fits it into any stadium tour she has planned for next year.

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Kendrick ditched all of his Euro festival dates but kept Glastonbury, so I don't think it's beyond likelihood that she fits it into any stadium tour she has planned for next year.

Aye, it’s definitely doable. There’s just something about someone posting she dropped out, a US rock band is coming in, and then a rumour of GnR that just seems to add up though!

Just now, jparx said:

Aye, it’s definitely doable. There’s just something about someone posting she dropped out, a US rock band is coming in, and then a rumour of GnR that just seems to add up though!

That's another rumour I just can't buy into, GnR fitting the festival. That, and I don't think there's any indication that they're even touring in 2023

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

I know a few on here like them but I couldn't think of a worse replacement. Would be one of the worst bookings of recent years for me. Could see it happening though, I think them booking The Cure in 2019 showed me they really can just pull anyone out of nowhere if necessary.

10 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I know a few on here like them but I couldn't think of a worse replacement. Would be one of the worst bookings of recent years for me. Could see it happening though, I think them booking The Cure in 2019 showed me they really can just pull anyone out of nowhere if necessary.

Depends how far back you want to go. There's been plenty of poor bookings over the years, Mumford and Sons probably being the worst, even they were shocked.

Edited by Skip997

20 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That's another rumour I just can't buy into, GnR fitting the festival. That, and I don't think there's any indication that they're even touring in 2023

Slash mentioned in an interview I saw (possibly NME?) that they were touring next year and planned on recording new material after it. 

I just found the quote I was referring to; 

“I think we’ve got Taylor on board next time she’s doing some touring,” says Eavis. “We would love to have her back, obviously.”

This quote was from 30th June, 2022. From all the pieces of evidence that we know, this, by some distance, has the most credibility (obviously).

Without hearing from this one poster, we wouldn't even be debating whether she is headlining right now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

How much do people think Taylor would impact Glastonbury sales .People obviously need to be registered which closes next week … but are her fans so prepared and would they do an entire festival for her ? Might mean strong resale demand once she’s announced / if she is 

Coming back to this, UK fans? There's a possibility on the resale being more crazy, but its always crazy.

I think what'll happen is, tickets will sell out in the usual sub 30-40 minute time. Then if Taylor gets announced a bunch of people will ask how to get tickets to the show, realise its a camping festival in the south west of England and lose interest. Its what looked to happen back in 2020. Pretty much every single comment on the announcement was people asking how to get tickets. 

I think what will be a real teller is that if she's not there and that they want to get rid of their ticket. How many comments on twitter will complain that she's not (GSH or not) that will show how much the 'stans' are aware of the festival and that she is a possibility. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

I just found the quote I was referring to; 

“I think we’ve got Taylor on board next time she’s doing some touring,” says Eavis. “We would love to have her back, obviously.”

This quote was from 30th June, 2022. From all the pieces of evidence that we know, this, by some distance, has the most credibility (obviously).

Without hearing from this one poster, we wouldn't even be debating whether she is headlining right now. 

This has given me hope. Now things do change and she could be somewhere else in the world that weekend and doing stadiums here sometime else in the summer, which is why the rumour her dropping is a possibility too. 

I think the chance of her announcing a tour in the next 2 weeks, with a GSH and then have her announce for Glastonbury a week after tickets have been out is the way they'll do it, if its happening. 

2 hours ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

I may be wrong, but I thought there was a quote from Emily a few months back (maybe further) saying (paraphrasing) that 'the next time she tours, we have got her.' If my memory is correct (it's poor at the best of times) then surely she is nailed on?!

Statements like that are meaningless at the best of times.

At most it just means that there's a desire, on both sides, for it to happen. It shouldn't be taken as a literal "she's definitely playing on the next tour".