Taylor swift

brettredmayne

13 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

How much do people think Taylor would impact Glastonbury sales .People obviously need to be registered which closes next week … but are her fans so prepared and would they do an entire festival for her ? Might mean strong resale demand once she’s announced / if she is 

To be honest I don't think there would be much of an impact. Taylor will do her own tour and the Swifties will be all over that like a rash. However for this particular Swifty it does mean I am risking being the lone member of my group by going for the coach sale whilst my friends are happy to leave it until the Sunday general sale.

2 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

To be honest I don't think there would be much of an impact. Taylor will do her own tour and the Swifties will be all over that like a rash. However for this particular Swifty it does mean I am risking being the lone member of my group by going for the coach sale whilst my friends are happy to leave it until the Sunday general sale.

I do think the smarter Swifties should be cottoning on to the fact that Glastonbury will likely be a cheaper ticket than a front row stadium ticket. The Glastonbury show will feel more special, has no golden circle nonsense and comes with a weekend full of other acts. I hope they don’t put that together, but the value proposition will likely heavily favour Glastonbury!

1 hour ago, Livvy13 said:

You were right - it was being updated with the new tracks and Bad Blood is last 

God, I forgot how much this list irks me. London boy at 104. Ughhhhh. Vigilante shit in the top 70?  The Lakes not taking its rightful place at No. 3. 

Love a list though and at least bad blood is at the bottom 

Edited by GeezLouise

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

I do think the smarter Swifties should be cottoning on to the fact that Glastonbury will likely be a cheaper ticket than a front row stadium ticket. The Glastonbury show will feel more special, has no golden circle nonsense and comes with a weekend full of other acts. I hope they don’t put that together, but the value proposition will likely heavily favour Glastonbury!

But can they cope with a 5 day camping festival … that isn’t for everyone… 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Those that cannot put up with a 5 day camping festival will probably snap up the glamping options (the posh ones not wv) or just turn up for Taylor day.

Much as I think that this is a waste of a ticket it might make the site quieter on the other days

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Maybe, but I’m sure there will be plenty who have been to the likes of RandL before. Swifties come in all shapes and sizes, I wouldn’t presume that they all hate the idea of camping. There will be many who are Glastonbury virgins more due to the lineup and demo as much as the camping element.

Edited by jparx

Is there a reason why this thread largely focusses on sales, press and marketing tactics and hardly talks about the music (which when it is mentioned, people are saying is pretty average?)… it feels more like a study on marketing/celebrity than it does on music 😂 not trying to hate.. just an observation.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Do people really like think Bad Blood is worse than Look What You Made Me Do? That’s the worst song by a mile in my books.

Look what you made me do is a skip, agreed, but there are bits I enjoy. I like the stop/start production of the verses and I like the bridge too (giving us “all I think about is [my lost album] Karma”) I also enjoy the staccato …March? Of the pre-chorus - it’s like she’s put all these plans into place and they’re galloping along and she couldn’t stop them if she wanted to. 

But the chorus is terrible, terrible. 

7 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

Is there a reason why this thread largely focusses on sales, press and marketing tactics and hardly talks about the music (which when it is mentioned, people are saying is pretty average?)… it feels more like a study on marketing/celebrity than it does on music 😂 not trying to hate.. just an observation.

We covered her pure, unadulterated genius in the deleted thread 😉

Edited by GeezLouise

1 minute ago, Hotchilidog said:

That's what I feel. Swift will definitely be a draw for some but not in a huge stampede. Resale maybe be busier though

I agree with this … much like most other years … one headliner might have a big appeal … I mean the stones was a pretty big thing , McCartney too ? Was there a noticeable difference in these years ? 

11 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I agree with this … much like most other years … one headliner might have a big appeal … I mean the stones was a pretty big thing , McCartney too ? Was there a noticeable difference in these years ? 

They weren’t announced before the sale were they?

50 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

I'm an oldie just browsing the thread occasionally, definitely not a Taylor follower and that's not my "observation" - I've  used the quotes cos it didn't seem that's what you were doing. 

38 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

don't think so ... so pretty much similar to the Taylor situation then ? 

Think that’s the point though, if she announces her tour plus Glasto prior to the sale will it make a huge difference to Glastonbury? Probably a little is no doubt the answer

After posting the Rolling Stone list, I was wondering what everyone's top 5 Tay songs are? Top 3 if you're feeling lazy. 

My personal top 5 is: 

1) The Lakes

2) Cruel Summer

3) ATWTVTMV or whatever the acronym is. 

4) Right Where You Left Me

5) Forever Winter

However, if I was publishing this in Rolling Stone it would be completely different as I don't think the above are her best songs, just my favourites (does that make sense?).