Taylor swift

brettredmayne

14 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

This is also the same forum that rips into Supre when he goes on about Bad Bunny being one of the biggest streamed artists on the planet and turning their nose up when Blackpink gets mentioned to do a glasto spot despite being enormous, why does Taylor Swift get a free pass?

He doesn’t get ripped into on the bad bunny thread though. If you don’t care about Taylor swift, maybe don’t come on to the topic titled ‘Taylor swift’ where people are going to tend to be talking about insane theories and smashing records left right and centre. 

btw, theories she’s dropped the album re-record order in the bejewelled music video. Something about lifts and floors? 

-speak now

-rep

-debut

the idea of her releasing Taylor Swift (Taylor’s version) last and finally owning all her own work makes me a bit choked up tbh 

Edited by GeezLouise
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GeezLouise said:

He doesn’t get ripped into on the bad bunny thread though. If you don’t care about Taylor swift, maybe don’t come on to the topic titled ‘Taylor swift’ where people are going to tend to be talking about insane theories and smashing records left right and centre. 

btw, theories she’s dropped the album re-record order in the bejewelled music video. Something about lifts and floors? 

-speak now

-rep

-debut

Because I don't actually mind her as an artist and have been following stuff around the release? Didn't realise I'm not allowed to venture into certain threads unless I'm an obsessive over a particular artist.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

She's massive and I'm not denying that. I just find an obsession over sales/streams a bit odd for ANY artist really. Only people who should be caring about sales/streams are the artist and their label.

You've never watched Top of the Pops, listened to the top 40 singles or discussed who's Xmas #1?  Maybe you haven't, but plenty of others have.

41 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Because it's boring af. Just as Matt can post about the figures I can post, 'who cares?'. It's really not that deep and you shouldn't be so thin skinned about an artist that doesn't give a shit whether you post about charting/sales figures.

38 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

This is also the same forum that rips into Supre when he goes on about Bad Bunny being one of the biggest streamed artists on the planet and turning their nose up when Blackpink gets mentioned to do a glasto spot despite being enormous, why does Taylor Swift get a free pass?

You're welcome to post about whatever you want, wherever you want, it's just going to make for a shite forum experience when people go in to topics they aren't interested about and say they aren't interested about it.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

@scatteredscreens has got a problem with anything I do. You should see the DM’s he sends me. Stuff he’s too afraid to say publicly clearly.

Guy has mad anger issues by the sounds of it.

How?

I don't have a problem with anything you do at all. And I'd appreciate you not asking for a forum pile on. It's bully behaviour.

Just for the record I'm not 'mad' about posts about sales figures, I just find it boring. I didn't realise it was such a contentious view to have, I'm genuinely not trying to upset anyone over it. So I'd appreciate the same being reciprocated. I can be interested in a topic without thinking of silly metrics over the sales of something, I just kind of think it's silly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

How?

I don't have a problem with anything you do at all. And I'd appreciate you not asking for a forum pile on. It's bully behaviour.

Just for the record I'm not 'mad' about posts about sales figures, I just find it boring. I didn't realise it was such a contentious view to have, I'm genuinely not trying to upset anyone over it. So I'd appreciate the same being reciprocated. I can be interested in a topic without thinking of silly metrics over the sales of something, I just kind of think it's silly.

Completely fine for you to pile onto me though isn’t it. Always the case.

Why are you in the Taylor Swift thread during album release week if you don’t want to see content about her success? 

Or have you come here specifically for a scrap?

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Completely fine for you to pile onto me though isn’t it. Always the case.

Why are you in the Taylor Swift thread during album release week if you don’t want to see content about her success? 

Or have you come here specifically for a scrap?

I'm not piling on you, you mention figures and I find it a bit silly, that's all there is to it. I don't think an Alan Partridge gif is that bad but I'm sorry if it upset you.

As said in my previous post I'm not trying to upset anyone over it.

can not believe this place sometimes. someone gets internet attacked because they dont think chart success means one band is better than the other.

nor do i, does that mean i cant be a fan of Taylor Swift or come in here either? 

or is this just a case of my band is bigger than yours so that means im better than you and all of your opinions...its what a few people in here seem to think

The sales figures are noteworthy because they're bigger than any other artist or band on the planet by a considerable margin.

In the post-download, post-streaming world where sales figures have been scraping its arse on the floor for a number of years, having someone like this pop up and somehow be able to pull phenomenal numbers is truly crazy. They're like nothing the industry has seen for ages.

For me it's an objectively fascinating glimpse into the venn diagram of weaponised fanbases/fandoms, capitalism, social media and the current state of the music industry regardless of my opinion on the album or the artist in question.

55 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Bad Bunny is undoubtedly huge, but not over here, whereas Taylor is.

Blackpink is a manufactured girl band designed to make enormous amounts of money from young people. Taylor is a critically acclaimed singer-songwriter who happens to have a huge following.

Not sure why you’re comparing her with either of those two?

Just now, pryce said:

can not believe this place sometimes. someone gets internet attacked because they dont think chart success means one band is better than the other.

nor do i, does that mean i cant be a fan of Taylor Swift or come in here either? 

or is this just a case of my band is bigger than yours so that means im better than you and all of your opinions...its what a few people in here seem to think

It’s fucking harmless discussion - Swift fans are obviously excited because she’s clearly achieving something unprecedented at the moment.

You can make an assertion that TS is absolutely demolishing competition without it being a contentious point. It’s clearly a statement of fact.

When someone wins a gold medal at the Olympics do we stay silent on it out of fear of upsetting other competitors? No. It’s fine to acknowledge when someone is doing very well.

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

Bad Bunny is undoubtedly huge, but not over here, whereas Taylor is.

Blackpink is a manufactured girl band designed to make enormous amounts of money from young people. Taylor is a critically acclaimed singer-songwriter who happens to have a huge following.

Not sure why you’re comparing her with either of those two?

Maybe it was a naff comparison, I was just more talking about the wider discussion of streaming numbers

1 minute ago, pryce said:

It's none of this at all, it's entirely besides the point. 

I just think entering a topic on a forum and saying you find a really pertinent and relevant element of that topic boring is counter productive. There are plenty of topics discussed on this forum that don't interest me, but I don't enter every topic and broadcast that opinion.

And there's no element of the chart success discussion here, that I've seen, that is "wow this proves x is soooo much better than y". It's just an interesting (to some) thing to note.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pryce said:

can not believe this place sometimes. someone gets internet attacked because they don't think chart success means one band is better than the other.

It doesn't necessarily. Over the decades some truly dreadful nonsense has made number 1, while some absolute all time brilliance hasn't even seen the charts.

Like it or not this is down to: exposure, PR, marketing and record companies pushing certain acts.

Not saying this necessarily applies to TS by the way.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

It's none of this at all, it's entirely besides the point. 

I just think entering a topic on a forum and saying you find a really pertinent and relevant element of that topic boring is counter productive. There are plenty of topics discussed on this forum that don't interest me, but I don't enter every topic and broadcast that opinion.

And there's no element of the chart success discussion here, that I've seen, that is "wow this proves x is soooo much better than y". It's just an interesting (to some) thing to note.

I also don't think claiming someone has anger issues despite knowing nothing about them is particularly productive so I guess we're even.

There was some discussion around Arctic Monkeys and Adele from what I remember so there is that, but honestly I'll just not post about it if it's that important. I'm just more interested in the quality of the content than how popular it is, and I'm like that with all media.