Mad Cool 2023

edge235

1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

They were fantastic at Reading this year, and I say that as someone that barely listens to their music and still doesn't. Just a really great, fun, catchy headline pop show.

I barely listen to their music, caught them once for half a gig - that was enough for me - the good thing is ther WILL be something else on and towards the end of the day it’s likely to be something half decent 

13 hours ago, skillfulperson said:

Jack white and AM were also billed as co-headliners that year but my money is on Depeche mode if I had to choose

Yeah, I did the full weekend and the first day was the worst. Although the sound bleed problems and bar queue problems persisted over the weekend 

Getting back was a problem for us too, booked a shuttle through Ticketmaster but was no where to be seen or directed too. Had to get a taxi on the first night which cost a fortune and managed to work out buses and tubes on the other 2 days. 

AM were shocking that year too, I distinctly remember everyone going mad for teddy picker then having the opposite reaction to their new album of lift music 

As DM are already doing Primavera's new Madrid event, I don't think it's gonna be them.

See I was at that AM set and had quite a good time. Though yes, the energy level contrast between TBHC material and the other albums was very noteworthy. If not quite as strong as a friend who saw them at London O2 3 months later and said people in his section of the venue booed when they played those cuts.

Sound bleed was an issue. Bar queues, I had worse - Finsbury Park for QOTSA a few months before that being a particularly horrible example.

50 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Just release the blimming poster, not this 1 act a day painful cryptic dripfeed, you p***ks.

I don’t mind the one act a day; if they actually announce the acts. I’m sure that they used to put a clue out one day and then release the artist the next. Then do another clue for the next day etc which was always quite fun

3 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I don’t mind the one act a day; if they actually announce the acts. I’m sure that they used to put a clue out one day and then release the artist the next. Then do another clue for the next day etc which was always quite fun

The only thing is that it is almost December already. Games like that are fun if its Oktober or something, now is a bit late in the year to start weeks of "releasing" your lineup drip by drip. 

6 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

The only thing is that it is almost December already. Games like that are fun if its Oktober or something, now is a bit late in the year to start weeks of "releasing" your lineup drip by drip. 

They won’t get left behind from other festivals - they can’t afford to - almost every festival is slow on announcements this year