ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

56 minutes ago, billum said:

I haven't seen this personally, but the received wisdom (parsonjack, whom I trust completely!) is that if it autorefreshes on the actual booking page then it will simply refresh that actual page, so you don't lose it

That said, some people are using an Autorefresh that looks for specified text appearing, or disappearing, so that it stops refreshing once that text appears, or goes, depending on how you set it up

This is true yeah that happened for me.

I had it set to pause when 'postcode' popped up but they now put that word on the holding page so it does not work

3 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

How do you know if the button is active or not?

Basically if it does nothing, it's not active - if it's active, it'll at least try to take you to another page, even if that results in the browser just showing activity (progress bar moving, refresh button spinning), or going to a blank page (in which case refresh, or go back and click again)

the 60 requests per minute limit is useful to know, thanks

I just did a test with FF and Edge side by side, refreshed FF quickly about 50 times, then switched to Edge and was able to refresh about 60 times before going to the go away page

This would suggest its per browser profile and not per machine

But who knows

1 hour ago, Stave_1974 said:

This this send you straight through to the booking page ?

Some will say it did, but absolutely not - I had machines on different addresses, most of which went straight to Wednesday or Thursday and none went straight through - anyone who did was just lucky. 

Some of mine ended up resetting and going back to the main page, but ultimately the furthest I got was the spinning wheel on the proceed button. 

• Thanks 1

Managed to bag myself two coach tickets from Sheffield yesterday, first time since 2017 we've managed to get tickets. Didn't read any of these tips beforehand and just did what I usually do. 

Two laptops hotspotting from two different phones, PC using the WIFI. No auto refreshing on anything, just manual F5. 

Got through on a laptop, had a scary moment where the first payment failed because it couldn't load the bank authorisation (which must be a new thing?) but got through the second time. Never seen that many loading wheels next to the payment button though. Relief at getting through by 6.10pm.

It really is just down to luck. I often describe it as your in the world's busiest car park, cars everywhere, you happen to be in the right spot at the right time for someone leaving and then that's your space. No special moves or behaviours, just luck.

Good luck to everyone trying Sunday
(There's always the resale and if the headline rumours are true, a lot of people may throw their ticket back into the pot)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cream Soda said:

Had a nightmare trying to enter details yesterday. Is there an an autofill extension that works well on laptop and mobile? Thought I saw one being discussed earlier but I can't find the info now in all the posts. I did fill in the link to the reg page we had a week or so ago but in my panic, I'm not sure if it even worked plus i was trying for other people so their details will now all be saved along with my group of 6 so I won't know what's what on Sunday.  Did that page end up working for others? If so, does anyone know how to clear the other info so just my own group of 6's numbers will autofill, or is it better to go with an extension? Thanks

If you got the message that tickets were unavailable when you pressed proceed after filling in the booking page last week then it did work. On Sunday a list of previously entered details will drop down when you click each field. I think you can delete from the list but would be simpler just to click on the correct details. Sorry if telling you what you already know! 

2 minutes ago, 2loor2iller said:

(Sorry to go off-topic/derail)

@Neil Why have I now been blocked from viewing the headliner thread along with my main account being put on approval mode that you’re refusing to approve? I literally paid for my gold membership a couple of days ago so this is bullshit.

I can't see the headliners thread... did it get deleted?

2 minutes ago, robbo707 said:

Anyone got the main and coach url from a prior festival, similar to:

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2023-ticket-coach-travel/worthy-farm/2500012

To see if we can take a guess at link for Sunday

Landing page, link will take you the correct page once its live.

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales