ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

dont give up hope if you fail in the early sales ..... the resales may well have significant numbers in them if people are prepared to wait it out  ..... remember that our resale spreadsheet worked for 82 out of 83 people . hope peoples nerves aren't kicking in too badly 

This is the type of positive energy I like to see. 82 out of 83 sounds good to me!

• Upvote 1

Also, don't be put off if people on here or Twitter start saying it's all sold out. I got through in 2016 a good few minutes after the posts saying tickets were gone. Was one of the happiest feelings I've ever experienced.

The only person who will confirm 100% all tickets are gone is Emily Eavis on Twitter. Keep trying right up until then!

6 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Also, don't be put off if people on here or Twitter start saying it's all sold out. I got through in 2016 a good few minutes after the posts saying tickets were gone. Was one of the happiest feelings I've ever experienced.

The only person who will confirm 100% all tickets are gone is Emily Eavis on Twitter. Keep trying right up until then!

This. I’m going to keep trying until they delete the page

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It's worth trying for a good 10-20 minutes after they announce it's sold out. Every year a handful of tickets become available again after payment issues with others.

I can testify to that, happened in 2019 sale for the 2020 festival.  Five minutes after the sold out came up I got the booking page.  Shaking like a leaf I just about held it together and got tickets, followed by a lap of honour around the house.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I can testify to that, happened in 2019 sale for the 2020 festival.  Five minutes after the sold out came up I got the booking page.  Shaking like a leaf I just about held it together and got tickets, followed by a lap of honour around the house.  

Man, that must have been an incredible feeling.

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

dont give up hope if you fail in the early sales ..... the resales may well have significant numbers in them if people are prepared to wait it out  ..... remember that our resale spreadsheet worked for 82 out of 83 people . hope peoples nerves aren't kicking in too badly 

I know I'm not a massively frequent poster here, but is there a separate thread for this spreadsheet?

4 minutes ago, Sorcha17 said:

I know I'm not a massively frequent poster here, but is there a separate thread for this spreadsheet?

The usual mo is that the organised stuff happens around resales . But I think there is an organised one knocking about somewhere for main sale .. but can’t remember the user name that’s organised it … hopefully they might DM you. As always make sure you trust the people within it though to be sharing details . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

. Every year a handful of tickets become available again after payment issues with others.

tixcket gets allocated to the sales process, if a sale isn't completed any tickets in that process become available again.

Question for you…..

In the 2019 sale I “got through” for literally the first time in 12 years of trying (luckily I have friends with better luck).

Anyway, I entered our reg numbers, post code etc and when I pressed enter it went to a blank screen. 

I pressed back and was allowed to enter our details again but was met by the same blank screen every time I pressed enter. 

What would you do in this situation? Keep going through the same process? Or refresh and start again? 

Just now, nikkic said:

Question for you…..

In the 2019 sale I “got through” for literally the first time in 12 years of trying (luckily I have friends with better luck).

Anyway, I entered our reg numbers, post code etc and when I pressed enter it went to a blank screen. 

I pressed back and was allowed to enter our details again but was met by the same blank screen every time I pressed enter. 

What would you do in this situation? Keep going through the same process? Or refresh and start again? 

I think the general consensus is keep pressing back and re-enter + submit again...It's been a while since i've even had a sniff of the booking page but i think refresh just sends you back to the start 

5 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Question for you…..

I'd have pressed refresh on the blank screen rather than going back.

But to be honest - by the time I pressed it I'd have already written it off as not going anywhere.

15 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Question for you…..

I always disable pop up blockers or ad blockers just incase it stops the booking complete page. It may make no difference but it's what I do 

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

Probs a stupid question but if you have an auto refresh app and get through to the ticket page will it then auto refresh on that page? Or will you manually have to turn it off when you get through? 

In 2019 I used Easy Auto Refresh on Chrome. I got a booking page up and forgot to stop the refresh before it fired again. It simply reloaded the booking page.

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

Probs a stupid question but if you have an auto refresh app and get through to the ticket page will it then auto refresh on that page? Or will you manually have to turn it off when you get through? 

I think with a lot of the refresh apps, you can set a target word or text, which will cancel the refreshing process. Another poster suggested, "registration", but I can't remember if the word registration is on the landing page to buy the tickets already. I thought even before you get through to book with details, registration was already mentioned... I could be wrong, but it's been a while I've gotten that far.

13 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

True....unless you use a VPN service that offers a static/dedicated IP such as NordVPN....

While that's right, the problem is that too many (most?) people either don't look at that kind of specific option or don't understand what they're looking for. A lot will hear "VPN is a benefit" or similar, and just take the first or cheapest snake oil service they can find.

So while a suitably configured VPN service can benefit some people if they're behind a large scale NAT or Proxy or some other form of connection sharing, or if they're running enough devices that they need more unique addresses, it should only really be suggested in those contexts. I still maintain that for 95%+ it's of no benefit.

Edited by incident

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales