ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

17 hours ago, gfa said:

This would cause far far far fewer people on efests to get a ticket.

Closer to the sale people start making threads about it etc, sounds like you’ve got a solid start for a group though 🙂 

Would people be interested in this? I can make a live spreadsheet file to get it started?

I don’t know how it would work exactly though, how does it work with the resale spreadsheet?

2 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Would people be interested in this? I can make a live spreadsheet file to get it started?

I don’t know how it would work exactly though, how does it work with the resale spreadsheet?

You’d have a never ending big job … so you’d need to be prepared for that . We shut the resale spreadsheet at a set date to enable things to be as secure as possible . And created a watts app group with one member of each group in it . You really don’t have long … think we shut it down 2 weeks before first sale . 

First time hopeful Glasto punter goer next year, worked a couple in the past but getting the itch to go back.

Just a query about how the coach sale works? Do you join a queue for a specific departure point, or do you just get through and pick where you're leaving from? Is it easier in the coach sale or is it equally as bad as the main one?

11 minutes ago, Sorcha17 said:

Just a query about how the coach sale works? Do you join a queue for a specific departure point, or do you just get through and pick where you're leaving from? Is it easier in the coach sale or is it equally as bad as the main one?

Get through and pick a departure point - if the one you want is available. If you're going from Bristol or London, then you also pick a time. Towards the end of the sale it can get a bit frantic as departure points/times may show as available but someone faster presses the button before you do so when you press submit it says no longer available.

Whether it's easier is a combination of anecdotal and personal preference - I'd say the coach sale is harder mainly because of those extra variables being introduced - others may find it easier.

On 9/4/2022 at 12:29 PM, Jack.194 said:

We have a reasonably large group, but when I posted about it recently it got taken down without an explanation. So I guess only certain people are allowed to do it. 

6 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

We have a reasonably large group, but when I posted about it recently it got taken down without an explanation. So I guess only certain people are allowed to do it. 

Because it wasn't about a group for people here. 

25 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

It was a kind invitation to people here. If it’s not allowed that’s not a problem, I just wasn’t given any kind of explanation. 

If it was an invitation why didn't it say it was rather than boasting about atbig group that had somehow formed without an invitation for people here. 

1 hour ago, Neil said:

If it was an invitation why didn't it say it was rather than boasting about atbig group that had somehow formed without an invitation for people here. 

There was no boasting there, but if you can put up here what I wrote and I’m more than happy to correct for any mis-interpretation.  I did make an apology to other groups that I wasn’t wanting to piss anyone off by advertising an invitation to a group. 
People do have other associations and friends not linked to efests so I don’t understand why it’s a surprise that a group can form independently of this forum. As I said, purely an invitation to anyone looking to be part of a group. If there’s a large ticket buying group that’s full of people from efests then I wasn’t aware of that and, had I known, I wouldn’t have put the post out there. 

Hey all hope you're doing well!

Just a quick question. Is the Reference code needed from all freinds when ourchasing tickets? I registered a few months back and my code is 8 digits long, where as my freind who registered is 10 digits long.

Is that normal? Or am I looking at the wrong code for myself?

Edited by TGCarr
typo

1 minute ago, TGCarr said:

Just a quick question. Is the Reference code needed from all freinds when ourchasing tickets? I registered a few months back and my code is 8 digits long, where as my freind who registered is 10 digits long.

Some are 8 digits and some are 10. 

If you are in any doubt, use the checker to make sure everything is in order:

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/registration/lookup

3 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

The codes vary in length it’s no issue … for peace of mind use the email lookup thing in the main site … typed at same time as Stuie above 🙂 

Edited by Sparticus01

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

Some are 8 digits and some are 10. 

If you are in any doubt, use the checker to make sure everything is in order:

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/registration/lookup

4 minutes ago, Sparticus01 said:

The codes vary in length it’s no issue … for peace of mind use the email lookup thing in the main site … typed at same time as Stuie above 🙂 

Thank you both and have done it twice in the last few days worrying over nothing it seems ffs hahah!

On 9/4/2022 at 3:33 PM, incident said:

Get through and pick a departure point - if the one you want is available. If you're going from Bristol or London, then you also pick a time. Towards the end of the sale it can get a bit frantic as departure points/times may show as available but someone faster presses the button before you do so when you press submit it says no longer available.

Whether it's easier is a combination of anecdotal and personal preference - I'd say the coach sale is harder mainly because of those extra variables being introduced - others may find it easier.

Glastonbury improvement suggestion #4,329 - but could they just have a 'London' or a 'Bristol' sale, and then similar to campervan etc afterwards have a follow-up (not really a) sale where you book which bus you want? 

Many pros and cons to it - pros including: removing one of those extra variables; and you'd be guaranteed a ticket at that point so some people who didn't care about what bus they were on might be less competitive letting people who desperately want to be on a specific bus get in there first (assume people desperately go for whatever's available at the moment).  Cons including: most people probably would care, so an extra point of anxiety; adding in more logistics etc

On 9/4/2022 at 3:33 PM, incident said:

We're planning the coach from either Edinburgh or Glasgow so fingers crossed. Cheers for the info 🙂

1 hour ago, stuie said:

@Sparticus01i thought you were a troll account but you’ve changed your name? No longer a CF? 😂😂

Someone snuck in 30k posts and no one noticed 😉 mind you I will be going back in a day or 2 … it does sound very trollish name .. and it’s just weird having a different one .. it was done at the request of someone on here