Volunteering 2023

neil93

Thanks to the help and support on here (recommendations to do Apple Pay etc) I have managed to secure a slot, I thought this would be my first year missed since my first festival in 2014 but  once again the magic of these forums has helped me get there. Still shaking and buzzing, see you all on the farm!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Another duplication situation here so there is bound to be some back in the pot later today. In our case, myself and my friend both managed to pay for a ticket. Two payments taken. However, she has had FOUR confirmation emails,with four different placement codes 🤣

They've obviously got an administration nightmare on their hands so like others have said they obviously need to come up with a plan of action first. They've told her they will be in touch with a decision about what happens next so might be a little while before they release any. We also wanted one for her other half but unfortunately he didn't get one, she has of course asked if one of the placements could be moved into his name...they haven't ruled it out so that's positive. Keeping fingers crossed for you all top!! I'll keep you posted on what they say to her. Might give you an indication on times...

Brilliant thanks that would be really helpful. In my opinion, it's a shame everyone has to do an individual booking session and they don't allow booking for a friend or partner at the same time.

12 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Another duplication situation here…

We also wanted one for her other half but unfortunately he didn't get one, she has of course asked if one of the placements could be moved into his name...they haven't ruled it out so that's positive. 

If this turns out to be an option and anyone’s feeling like being a legend… 😉

Edited by golden egg

11 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

she has of course asked if one of the placements could be moved into his name...they haven't ruled it out so that's positive.

This might be taking the piss a bit, but if you don't ask you don't get. If anyone else has a duplicate they'd be willing to investigate moving into my name it be eternally grateful. 😉 

4 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

This might be taking the piss a bit, but if you don't ask you don't get. If anyone else has a duplicate they'd be willing to investigate moving into my name it be eternally grateful. 😉 

Exactly right...might not work. But technically they've got an extra £340 of our money already. Worth asking the question

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Good luck to anyone trying at 11am. 

- Make sure you are logged in before that time.

- Have a couple of different payment methods to hand just in case, if you can

- Use Apple Pay if possible 

I look forward to hearing success stories here from 11:01 and will see you in the field! 🤞🤞

That was the easiest. Googlepay, still had to confirm via bank but easy one touch on the app. In and out before 11.01

7 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Exactly right...might not work. But technically they've got an extra £340 of our money already. Worth asking the question

12 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I'm also interested. If anyone wants to earn cider tokens!

So here’s a question to those in the know about Oxfam - I was lucky enough to get a space this morning but unfortunately my other half wasn’t.

We’re obviously going to keep trying but how might this impact on the chances of us getting the same shifts (assuming she does eventually get a place)? The FAQs on the website say that people signing up after the cancellation deadline (ie anyone from now onwards) has a 24 hour window to submit their shift partners, but obviously I can’t put someone down who isn’t currently going.

Any thoughts? And also a big thanks to all in this thread that have shared tips and advice - it’s been really helpful

1 minute ago, Westy2508 said:

So here’s a question to those in the know about Oxfam - I was lucky enough to get a space this morning but unfortunately my other half wasn’t.

We’re obviously going to keep trying but how might this impact on the chances of us getting the same shifts (assuming she does eventually get a place)? The FAQs on the website say that people signing up after the cancellation deadline (ie anyone from now onwards) has a 24 hour window to submit their shift partners, but obviously I can’t put someone down who isn’t currently going.

Any thoughts? And also a big thanks to all in this thread that have shared tips and advice - it’s been really helpful

Never done Oxfam volunteering before so this might be total bs, but I thought they only told you your shift pattern when you arrived on site so theoretically they could amend right up to the weekend before the festival?

5 minutes ago, Westy2508 said:

I think that as soon as you get the 2nd place you ring up and ask to be shift partners because the option to do it on the form has gone. There are a lot of single volunteers so last minute swap arounds to accommodate this aren’t complex.

I’d say to anyone who has still missed out and is determined, to keep trying. These duplicates will need to come back up and in the final couple of weeks before the festival people do drop out due to illness & other last minute emergencies.

I worked with someone on early shifts in 2019 who only got his place the week before the festival AND got earlies!

Edited by amfy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JezzaBelle said:

Sold out already. Got through. Payment page said 'Sorry...' etc

Was in bang on 11am. Had payment all ready to paste if Google pay wasn't an option. 

Can't believe it went in less than 10 seconds?

They actually showed on sale just before 11 according to my computer clock. One might go back in as I am not 100% certain I will be going yet. Volunteering is certainly not, for me at least as good as having a ticket. Last time it worked out that I only majorly missed one act I was bothered with but the shifts are quite boring. The best part for sure if cleaner showers on hand and close plus car parking close by and included.

11 minutes ago, Westy2508 said:

Last year I got a place less than a week before Womad and was able to join my mates as shift partners. If I remember correctly one of them emailed with me cc'd and I confirmed. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Amanda60 said:

Just seen this on f/b Oxfam reply to duplicate applications 

Any duplicate applications will be cancelled and any duplicate payments will be refunded 

Yeh I think this was always the  likely outcome. It ain't over till the fat lady sings!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, leej7 said:

Profiles back active - Glasto still at sold out... Not as hoped, but worth checking over the coming hours to see what falls out in the wash.

I wonder if they are waiting for people to complete their profiles as I assume any which aren't completed within 24 hours will also go back in the pot?