Volunteering 2023

neil93

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Thanks stuie, I can't see the transport section in my profile, is that something that will come up if you manage to get a volunteering place do you know?  My current profile is just an email address & phone number. 

6 minutes ago, med said:

Thanks stuie, I can't see the transport section in my profile, is that something that will come up if you manage to get a volunteering place do you know?  My current profile is just an email address & phone number. 

You have to enter details once you have a place.  It will change to look like this  - 
image.thumb.png.65272100e62b6541515f7d2dbc503f48.png

Edited by Greenelk
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, med said:

yes, each festival you have a place for has it's own transport section I think?

• Like 1

Bit off topic I realise, but chances are someone in here will know (and there’s little volunteer info in the download forum) but does anyone have any idea where the oxfam campsite is at download? I’ve got a site map but there’s nothing indicated . . . 

Just now, balti-pie said:

Bit off topic I realise, but chances are someone in here will know (and there’s little volunteer info in the download forum) but does anyone have any idea where the oxfam campsite is at download? I’ve got a site map but there’s nothing indicated . . . 

Never been myself - but it has a reputation for being in a different location each year as Download keep changing things.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Never been myself - but it has a reputation for being in a different location each year as Download keep changing things.

Ha! Ah well, thanks anyway. I have a sack truck and have loved not having to use it at Glastonbury with the parking field next door to campsite! If I have to dust it off and take it for a spin then so be it 👍

30 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I don’t know but are you a member of the Facebook group? Heads on there will know for sure! 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Am the staff campsite manager for Download and I have been told it's moving slightly again this year, nearer where the east entrance was. Oxfam field is within the main staff camping area.

Parking wasn't too far away though take the trolley incase it changes 

Edited by Paul ™
  • Upvote 2

Anyone know where the recycling team's recruitment is up to?  My wife and I have been patiently waiting to be either offered places or rejected. (Yes, we were recommended by a pervious volunteer).

Also, if we do not make the cut this year, will our recommendation carry forward so that we can apply again in future years until hopefully we do make the cut?

29 minutes ago, From the Woods said:

Anyone know where the recycling team's recruitment is up to?  My wife and I have been patiently waiting to be either offered places or rejected. (Yes, we were recommended by a pervious volunteer).

Also, if we do not make the cut this year, will our recommendation carry forward so that we can apply again in future years until hopefully we do make the cut?

They have offered to some waitlist recommendations but probably wont finish until quite late so hang in there! I think you would have to be rerecommended every year.

6 hours ago, From the Woods said:

Hi maybe worth sending an email letting them know you’re interested rather waiting for them to contact you. 

On 3/10/2023 at 9:35 AM, From the Woods said:

We were recommended for the first time last year, and were offered our place properly at the end of March, so maybe you will hear quite soon. 

39 minutes ago, chestwig said:

I'm checking every half an hour practically. Does anybody know if I have to log out of the Oxfam page and log back in, or would just refreshing the page me enough (whilst staying logged in)

Refreshing should do. That what I am doing and there have been numerous changes to other festival availability in recent weeks. 

1 hour ago, chestwig said:

I'm checking every half an hour practically. Does anybody know if I have to log out of the Oxfam page and log back in, or would just refreshing the page me enough (whilst staying logged in)

Yeah, just refreshing will be fine. I didn't bother logging out when I got my last minute womad place last year.

32 minutes ago, Lucy F said:

I'm very tempted by volunteering just because the ticket process is so stressful and seemingly unfair at times.

Its not much easier volunteering!  Oxfam places went in minutes this year for non-priority places.  Persistence and luck applies too! 

14 hours ago, bexj said:

Its not much easier volunteering!  Oxfam places went in minutes this year for non-priority places.  Persistence and luck applies too! 

I have a friend who has worked there a while, and her team bring in new people based on recommendations, so I'd be pretty certain to get a place. 

Just now, The Red Telephone said:

And also, am I right in thinking the Oxfam campsite is near Ped Gate A?

Hello mate, 

they'll send you a parking ticket a couple of weeks before the festival, so you can pop it in the front of your car and be sent to the oxfam parking fields - which are next to the camping site. Complete the festival-specific page on your oxfam festivals profile, itll ask for a rego plate but they dont check that off against a list. The parking entry is just off the a37 and will have a couple of stewards on it to direct you in. 

We're just outside gate B, its about a ten min walk from the oxfield to gate B. Its worth checking your worksite out when you get there on the mon/tues and find out your shifts, as gate D is absolutely miles away and quite easily an hour from the oxfield, whereas some shifts are actually in the oxfield and are about a minute from your tent 😄 its completely the luck of the draw.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Hello mate, 

they'll send you a parking ticket a couple of weeks before the festival, so you can pop it in the front of your car and be sent to the oxfam parking fields - which are next to the camping site. Complete the festival-specific page on your oxfam festivals profile, itll ask for a rego plate but they dont check that off against a list. The parking entry is just off the a37 and will have a couple of stewards on it to direct you in. 

We're just outside gate B, its about a ten min walk from the oxfield to gate B. Its worth checking your worksite out when you get there on the mon/tues and find out your shifts, as gate D is absolutely miles away and quite easily an hour from the oxfield, whereas some shifts are actually in the oxfield and are about a minute from your tent 😄 its completely the luck of the draw.

Thanks BP 👍