Volunteering 2023

neil93

30 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Just hoping the new "owners" get it right and keep the winning formula largely intact.  My wife has volunteered in the school for years and thankfully that is being retained.  They need to get the Woodland stage sorted again as it was ludicrous in 2022.

Love the place and am cautiously optimistic it wont get spoiled in the pursuance of profits.

Yeah I was working on the Woodland. Not fun. Punters weren't happy

5 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

Just hoping the new "owners" get it right and keep the winning formula largely intact.  My wife has volunteered in the school for years and thankfully that is being retained.  They need to get the Woodland stage sorted again as it was ludicrous in 2022.

Love the place and am cautiously optimistic it wont get spoiled in the pursuance of profits.

Yeah know what you mean about the new owners. Last year was first year i think, and things continued as was as far as i know. Re the woodlands i experienced the chaos on my first shift on the Friday evening on the entrance. It was crazy 😀. I thought they were opening a new venue where the circus was, bigger than woodland as a second stage? Or have i made that up?

1 hour ago, Jay Pee said:

Just done the WaterAid Application and it is going down a similar route of other organisations from the looks of it in regard to previous volunteering experience with them.  

I know someone who volunteers with wateraid. After the initial applications have been allocated he reckons there’s quite a few places become available as the festival nears due to withdrawal and folk getting resale tickets. 

9 hours ago, lemons said:

Any word on shelter?

Got an email listing the different events from them yesterday, and it says we should get an email before the end of them month telling us the date in Feb applications open (if you've registered your interest)

12 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

Yeah know what you mean about the new owners. Last year was first year i think, and things continued as was as far as i know. Re the woodlands i experienced the chaos on my first shift on the Friday evening on the entrance. It was crazy 😀. I thought they were opening a new venue where the circus was, bigger than woodland as a second stage? Or have i made that up?

It was a partnership last year 

Yes new big top stage to take bigger acts 

3 hours ago, Greenelk said:

Got an email listing the different events from them yesterday, and it says we should get an email before the end of them month telling us the date in Feb applications open (if you've registered your interest)

I am a bit concerned that I don't appear to have got one of these emails, having volunteered with them four times previously.

Last time was 2019 so by @garc1a's reckoning I should still be on the priority list.

Have you volunteered with them before?

2 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

It was a partnership last year 

Yes new big top stage to take bigger acts 

Indeed.  And solid line up.  Such a great festival and (please dont curse this) on the by and large blessed by half decent weather.  Already looking forward to it.

3 hours ago, MrZigster said:

I am a bit concerned that I don't appear to have got one of these emails, having volunteered with them four times previously.

Last time was 2019 so by @garc1a's reckoning I should still be on the priority list.

I ran the marathon with them, and the email was part of a wider "get involved with these events in 2023" rather than a festival volunteering specific one.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MrZigster said:

I worked for the first time with Shelter last year and got this same email - maybe worth emailing Summerfests

13 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Hola, defo drop Hannah at shelter an email. 
I got an email last week to say that the priority spaces will be opening up the end of this month for first dibs before going public.  
defo in the past i have missed a year then went the following on priority with no hassles, i would check this aint changed. Im going to send an email to find out, as i dont think i am gonna go this year but want to go next year.. if thats not the case i might end up going. 

On 1/27/2023 at 12:29 AM, garc1a said:

Hola, defo drop Hannah at shelter an email. 
I got an email last week to say that the priority spaces will be opening up the end of this month for first dibs before going public.  
defo in the past i have missed a year then went the following on priority with no hassles, i would check this aint changed. Im going to send an email to find out, as i dont think i am gonna go this year but want to go next year.. if thats not the case i might end up going. 

On 1/26/2023 at 2:24 PM, 4519dennis said:

I worked for the first time with Shelter last year and got this same email - maybe worth emailing Summerfests

An email has been sent. I'm guessing the email address is still summerfests@shelter.org.uk ?

11 hours ago, Pinhead said:

It was a shambles. Queues round the corner. More intelligent booking and timings required this year.

There is a new big top stage that will host the larger acts that would have been on in the Woodlands and I'd assume lower key acts will remain there. 

Has anyone volunteered with Greenpeace at Glastonbury? We usually volunteer with the recycling crew via a charity and my husband has also volunteered once for Oxfam many years ago. But I was just interested (more for 2024 as already have our recycling place for 2023) as I like Greenpeace and the Greenpeace area at Glastonbury in general.

8 minutes ago, Harebell said:

Has anyone volunteered with Greenpeace at Glastonbury? We usually volunteer with the recycling crew via a charity and my husband has also volunteered once for Oxfam many years ago. But I was just interested (more for 2024 as already have our recycling place for 2023) as I like Greenpeace and the Greenpeace area at Glastonbury in general.

https://www.greenpeace.org.uk/volunteering/volunteering-at-festivals/

I think they recruit through their networks and existing volunteers for other things though. 

Has anyone had experience of what is deemed a "valid reason"? For example, I'm wanting to try in the re-sale and if successful look to cancel volunteering spot. The re-sale is usually two weeks after balance window and looks to be cutting it fine with the 8 week deadline for glasto

Screenshot_20230129-120511.png

Just now, tj95 said:

Has anyone had experience of what is deemed a "valid reason"? For example, I'm wanting to try in the re-sale and if successful look to cancel volunteering spot. The re-sale is usually two weeks after balance window and looks to be cutting it fine with the 8 week deadline for glasto

Screenshot_20230129-120511.png

This is for Oxfam btw

53 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Illness would be a valid reason, having bought a ticket in the resale wouldn't.  Have a read through this.....https://oxfamapps.org/festivals/assets/pdfs/Oxfam Stewarding Terms of Reference.pdf

Thanks for this, good to know as might stick to WaterAid and Festaff for volunteering options then!