Pulp to return in 2023

briddj

22 minutes ago, sfroml said:

Ah, that's great to hear. Lovely venue. Wasn't sure if a factor was that Brid is out on the limb as such, quite far from main routes and not really a place you'd probably pass by, if you're going to Brid you're making an effort to go there, if that makes any sense?

Think it was just more that SJM got Scarborough, and they focused their attention on that for the catchment area.

The Spa has already started a series of smaller Friday night gigs with This Feeling.

Just now, gfa said:

Seetickets has the prices up, £75 for Finsbury - think i might try grab off twickets the day before and bet on them being at glasto

https://www.seetickets.com/event/pulp/finsbury-park/2454594

Yeah, it's a lot of money. Going to have to seriously think about how many big gigs I can do a year I reckon. This might be my only one.

13 minutes ago, briddj said:

Think it was just more that SJM got Scarborough, and they focused their attention on that for the catchment area.

The Spa has already started a series of smaller Friday night gigs with This Feeling.

Yes, I'd seen there's been a bit more activity... might pop across for The Lottery Winners.

36 minutes ago, briddj said:

off to see the feens in a couple of weeks at one of the this feeling gigs 

30 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

What is Finsbury Park like as a venue? I know it well as a park but have never been to an event there.

I quite like it but know some don't. Very easy to get there and sounds decent, its used every year and works like a well oiled machine. Had bar issues a few years back but seems to be sorted now. Great natural slope

Edited by gfa

37 minutes ago, gfa said:

Seetickets has the prices up, £75 for Finsbury - think i might try grab off twickets the day before and bet on them being at glasto

https://www.seetickets.com/event/pulp/finsbury-park/2454594

Ouch! Especially with the Glasto sale that weekend too.

I did say the Pulp reunion was my #1 most anticipated gig for next year so I'll happily pay it and then look to cut back on other gigs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Ouch! Especially with the Glasto sale that weekend too.

I did say the Pulp reunion was my #1 most anticipated gig for next year so I'll happily pay it and then look to cut back on other gigs.

Yeah I think that's where I'm at with it, but looks like I might be flying solo!

2 hours ago, Kashkin said:

What is Finsbury Park like as a venue? I know it well as a park but have never been to an event there.

Saw Sam Fender there in the summer, in fairness I was pretty far back but wasn’t impressed by the sound and the speakers weren’t very loud. Queue for the bars was ridiculous as well. 

Is the Finsbury park gig going to be like a full day festival type thing, or is it just Pulp + Wet Leg?

2 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

not sure where they'd play in Bristol. probably too big for all venues and not big enough for Ashton Gate.

It's end of the summer but they'd be a good headliner for Forwards

1 minute ago, Enkidu said:

Is the Finsbury park gig going to be like a full day festival type thing, or is it just Pulp + Wet Leg?

Yes, Sam Fender and George Ezra's shows this year had a full day's worth of stuff, so expect it to be filled out a bit over the coming months.

Edited by jannybruck