Bearded Theory 2023

jimmillen

25 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

God knows. Three weeks out and they don't even appear to know who is playing what stage.....

True...

As if its only 3 weeks, need to get my s**t in order

8 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

God knows. Three weeks out and they don't even appear to know who is playing what stage.....

That info has been on the website for months and has been communicated by email at least once.

09:00 in case you missed it again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Under FAQ on Festival Information.

9am it is.

image.thumb.png.21db580c9d046fbc75b7b1ef39974673.png

No way, has that just been updated? sure i scoured the website faq's the other day before i posted and couldnt see it.

thanks, 9 it is prob head there for 10, only 40 mins for us.

3 weeks today 🙂

Looking forward to my first BT!

My band Morganway's playing Maui Waui stage on the Friday (no idea what time yet). Come and have a listen if you like Rock/Americana 🙂 

Also I've put together a playlist of 3 songs per act, based on the ones with the most plays on Spotify, which I'm working my way through! Sounds like a fun little fest, and there's loads of decent rock acts there eh!

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, actionstations said:

My band Morganway's playing Maui Waui stage on the Friday (no idea what time yet). Come and have a listen if you like Rock/Americana 🙂 

Also I've put together a playlist of 3 songs per act, based on the ones with the most plays on Spotify, which I'm working my way through! Sounds like a fun little fest, and there's loads of decent rock acts there eh!

Saw you guys at The Cluny in Newcastle and you were excellent, you're deffo on my "must see" list. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2023 at 10:20 AM, Gnomicide said:

I've been at two Beardeds while Liverpool have been in Champions League finals. They lost them both. This is now statistical proof that attending Bearded Theory at the same time your team is playing an important match will guarantee they lose and you should just get on with enjoying the music.

Dude. You lost us the finals! Why did you go? 100% your fault. That and for the second one, my mates for making watch it in Flanagans rather than Rigbys. 

Anyone know if there's an official ticket reseller this year? I think last year Twickets were, there's a few tickets available on there and was hoping to get a deal but not sure about the risk of a ticket being bogus or the chance it's been sold on twice or already been used by someone else when I get there. I know these sites will give you your money back if there are issues but it's a bit late if you're on site and the festival has sold out.  

2 hours ago, kerplunk said:

2 weeks! Can't wait

No let up in the showery weather we've been having in the forecast - brace for a muddy one! 😄

Cya there mate.

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

Anyone know if there's an official ticket reseller this year? I think last year Twickets were, there's a few tickets available on there and was hoping to get a deal but not sure about the risk of a ticket being bogus or the chance it's been sold on twice or already been used by someone else when I get there. I know these sites will give you your money back if there are issues but it's a bit late if you're on site and the festival has sold out.  

Twickets is the preferred option 

The Bug Club did a live performance on Mark Riley's show recently (available on BBC Sounds) and it is well worth a listen. In my humble opinion it is truly excellent.

I love a festival and having been to about 3 a year for 35 years I have been to a fair few but never Bearded Theory...

Q 1.We (my wife and I ) are getting there Thursday at mid-afternoon. My friend and her daughter are joining us but can't get there until Friday afternoon, so we have agreed to put up their two small(ish) tents next to ours on the Friday... which is the best quiet camping field for those who will likely not get past 1am and which will not be too far to walk for a couple who have to carry and erect 3 tents?

Q 2. Any advice on the do's and don'ts (and any top tips) from past attendees would also be appreciated.

Q 3. Is voting Tory morally and fiscally illiterate?

I would partucularly appreciate answers to Q1 and Q2, but happy to opine on Q 3

Q1 Can't really help you on that, only ever been in the live in vehicles fields, but the fest as a whole is pretty chilled, if you've done Glasto a bit like the Avalon area in feel. I know a few complained about lack of space in camping last year but I would hope they manage it better this year (ban gazebos and such maybe?)

Q2 Don't ignore the small stages, they get great acts on. Bars are pub prices but you can take your own into the arena too.

Q3 morally never, fiscally rarely.

Day split are out - sorry not got time to faff about posting!! 

@jjason - 
Advice - its friendly little festival, definitely explore the convoy cabaret, don't camp near the all night venue which I can't remember the name of but is outside the arena!  Its all a nice flat site so much easier to carry stuff than some festivals.  It gets flipping freezing at night, be warned, bring warm stuff - and I'm not normally someone who suffers cold at night!

14 hours ago, jjason said:

The Bug Club did a live performance on Mark Riley's show recently (available on BBC Sounds) and it is well worth a listen. In my humble opinion it is truly excellent.

I love a festival and having been to about 3 a year for 35 years I have been to a fair few but never Bearded Theory...

Q 1.We (my wife and I ) are getting there Thursday at mid-afternoon. My friend and her daughter are joining us but can't get there until Friday afternoon, so we have agreed to put up their two small(ish) tents next to ours on the Friday... which is the best quiet camping field for those who will likely not get past 1am and which will not be too far to walk for a couple who have to carry and erect 3 tents?

Q 2. Any advice on the do's and don'ts (and any top tips) from past attendees would also be appreciated.

Q 3. Is voting Tory morally and fiscally illiterate?

I would partucularly appreciate answers to Q1 and Q2, but happy to opine on Q 3

1 - Depends when everyone else turns up so impossible to really say but stewards will find you space without difficulty.
2- It is all lush, make sure you go to the Tea Tent and sample cake and boozy coffee
3 - Voting Tory is just plain stupid and given all that is going on the word Tory and Morality as totally incompatible.... and as for fiscally responsible, LOLing

On 5/7/2023 at 7:40 PM, actionstations said:

I just checked my playlist notes - and I've flagged to see you!  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Thursday line ups looks like they go right to left for the order so Hot 8 Brass Band and The Orielles headlining the stages

On the Thursday announcement it was Queen Bee closing the night hence being baffled. Hot 8 are headlineing that I k now