Random Older Pop Acts 2023

gfa

On 7/6/2022 at 5:03 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

Echo & The Bunneymen….in addition to many already listed. 

I was thinking about them the other day, in relation to Glastonbury and size of crowds.

Remember them playing the Other Stage, lunchtime, one day in the early 2000s I think.

I easily walked to the front...

15 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Kraftwerk 

I love Kraftwerk. Have seen them live four times, including at Bluedot.

And imo they are NOT a festival act. They won't win over new fans in a field, and the retro visuals are a curiousity for fans, but outdated and crap for those who aren't.

2 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Not a fan of either, but McFly are an actual band who write and play. Sugababes have originality and character.

but if we’re taking about Steps and Blue….? This needs to stop.

Personal tastes aside, both would get a big crowd full of people enjoying themselves. 

Which is what it’s all about, no? 

It’s not as if they’ll be given a prominent slot. 

On 7/8/2022 at 12:11 PM, moogster said:

Slightly off topic but having Power Ballad Yoga one day on a bigger stage would be ace. 

I actually think there are a few of the infamous Glastonbury acts like Beans on Toast, Mik Artistik, Showhawk Duo etc who would be great for some of the big stages lower down. Might be a good way to save some money. I also think some of the lower down acts would probably get more out of playing on a Thursday than they do out of lower down the bill on the main stages. Someone like Yasmin Williams on the bandstand on Thursday would draw a huge crowd that she thoroughly deserves. 

• Upvote 1