Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

7 minutes ago, clasher said:

Saw them a week ago, highly recommend. I suppose they could do a festival run in the summer.

They are doing a festival run in the summer. The announcement for the Manchester show says "This show will be part of a series of European festival appearances in 2023, stay tuned for more announcements on those! "

8 minutes ago, Enkidu said:

They are doing a festival run in the summer. The announcement for the Manchester show says "This show will be part of a series of European festival appearances in 2023, stay tuned for more announcements on those! "

Just saw that, yes. Good news. Would gladly see them again somewhere.

51 minutes ago, Aech2ElectricBoogaloo said:

THANK GOD no Taylor I'm doing glasto and werchter now and was certain she was gonna show up at both to spite me 😂 couldn't think of anyone worse except U2. 

Don’t know if she’d be good live but at least she would’ve shaken up the standard fest we have now…

While I don’t doubt any inside info some people here might have, with the new Gorillaz album coming out in February, it doesn’t sound logical to me that Damon will go on tour with blur instead. Maybe they will do that one special event at Wembley (as rumored) but a full tour in ‘24 or late ‘23 (If there will be one) would make more sense. I honestly hope I’m wrong though as I’d love to see them this summer.

saw Little Big in Cologne yesterday and they ended the show with saying "see you soon!" and a big smile on their face while saying that. Pure speculation from my side but given that they won't be touring Russia and seem to become more famous outside of Eastern Europe I feel like there might be a festival tour in the summer. The crowd was awesome and they put on a hell of show. Would be great party act maybe for Klub C.

On 11/2/2022 at 3:27 PM, Floyd_Ams said:

While I don’t doubt any inside info some people here might have, with the new Gorillaz album coming out in February, it doesn’t sound logical to me that Damon will go on tour with blur instead. Maybe they will do that one special event at Wembley (as rumored) but a full tour in ‘24 or late ‘23 (If there will be one) would make more sense. I honestly hope I’m wrong though as I’d love to see them this summer.

I dont think this logic applies to Damon. Recently he toured as Gorillaz after releasing a "solo" album in Nov 2021, and he toured with his solo materials before the album even came out - shortly after the release of the last Gorillaz album.

I don't know if the Blur reunion also means new music is coming, I tend to believe not, but in Damon's case I'm not sure there's a perfect, sensible correlation between touring choices and recent studio materials.

21 minutes ago, Ohad said:

I dont think this logic applies to Damon. Recently he toured as Gorillaz after releasing a "solo" album in Nov 2021, and he toured with his solo materials before the album even came out - shortly after the release of the last Gorillaz album.

I don't know if the Blur reunion also means new music is coming, I tend to believe not, but in Damon's case I'm not sure there's a perfect, sensible correlation between touring choices and recent studio materials.

I think the "pandemic years" were an exception to the rule in general as everyone's plans went out of the window but, in any case, I hope you are right and we'll see blur next summer. 

8 hours ago, VCF said:

Sigur Ros Barn headliner please. What a gig yesterday. Even Vorst could’nt ruin that moment.

Saw them two days ago. Excellent show indeed! Now looking forward to the Porcupine Tree one in a few days. Put those two and The Smile as closers in the Barn and I don't care who the headliners are...