BST 2023

mike99

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

And its 2 nights for Pink. Elton the Friday. Wonder if theyll do Blackpink next for the July weekend.

Is Blackpink actually happening next summer at BST or are you just wishing it into existence?

8 minutes ago, skillfulperson said:

I think Macca and Tay Sway are likely 

I thought maybe Metallica but I think they are all but confirmed for Download. 

Fringe choices like U2 and Coldplay are likely too I think. 

Anyone else think having a band like Rammstein play would be totally epic?

It’s Bruce x 2, Pink x 2, Elton John, Billy Joel, Blackpink, Adele and Take That 

9 minutes ago, Enkidu said:

Could have got a Madonna 50th Anniversay show but instead theyve gone for repeats. Let down

genuine question  50th anniversary of what?  pretty sure 50th anniversary of first hit would be 2033. is there even any indication she's touring?

59 minutes ago, sisco said:

It’s Bruce x 2, Pink x 2, Elton John, Billy Joel, Blackpink, Adele and Take That 

Has that been confirmed? Take that seems unlikely with Robbie's massive and lucrative tour going on. 

19 minutes ago, Enkidu said:

Could have got a Madonna 50th Anniversay show but instead theyve gone for repeats. Let down

Agreed rebooking's are a let down and, especially when Elton is doing a massive arena tour. I dont know why festivals do this, announce a date when there's already massive arena tour. It just serves to annoy fans of both the artist and the festival itself. 

Adele and Elton could have easily played Wembley stadium instead to spice things up abit.

Madonna would be cool though, but I think shes getting abit frail. She ended up cancelling or doing shorters shows last time she toured at the palladium because of her knees. 

19 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Anyone got a working BST presale Pink link?

Happy to proxy you on the amex sale, saturday GA has gone theres only the primary entry tickets left (£112 vs £96 for tier 2 GA)

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Got my wife and my daughter their tickets.  She gets accessible tickets so £93 for the 2.  That’s a big old price for Pink though I thought

I agree, but she is a massive act. I too also complain about prices of things recently (like £150 for Depeche Mode GA @ Twickenham?!) but yet they still sell out so what am I to say. 

There's a bubble to be popped here. 

10 hours ago, Terry Smith said:

I reluctantly paid £90 for Artic Monkeys the price for tickets is extraordinary nowadays.

I stayed away as I didn't want to listen to lift music like their last album.

I go by the rule of I refuse to pay anything more than what I paid to see the stones on their last stadium tour, and even that was crossing the border on worth it. 

Problem is these stadiums aren't designed for concerts so they sound crap, £7 beers, and the crowds are always dead. 

On 10/10/2022 at 8:20 PM, DomDom1984 said:

Dynamic pricing becoming a thing here certainly won't help matters.

Yeah this is a problem. My Mrs paid over £100 for panic at the disco tickets, but if she had shopped around she could have got them cheaper off another website, hows that fair to the customer. She didn't even realise that the prices were inflated. 

Supply and demand I guess

Also, how are your people meant to get into the live music scene if tickets are so expensive to see acts aimed at young people. I normally go 2/3 gigs a month but anyone on a low income or relying on parents is going to be that per year

2 hours ago, skillfulperson said:

I stayed away as I didn't want to listen to lift music like their last album.

I go by the rule of I refuse to pay anything more than what I paid to see the stones on their last stadium tour, and even that was crossing the border on worth it. 

Problem is these stadiums aren't designed for concerts so they sound crap, £7 beers, and the crowds are always dead. 

Yeah this is a problem. My Mrs paid over £100 for panic at the disco tickets, but if she had shopped around she could have got them cheaper off another website, hows that fair to the customer. She didn't even realise that the prices were inflated. 

Supply and demand I guess

Also, how are your people meant to get into the live music scene if tickets are so expensive to see acts aimed at young people. I normally go 2/3 gigs a month but anyone on a low income or relying on parents is going to be that per year

back in the day live music was at your local pub every night costing just £3. 🙂