Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

Not a massive Jay kay fan but can still see that being a decent watch... other acts yeah not bad... probably down on last year at the mo' for me... however really looking forward to watching Sigrid... saw her act on TV at last years Glasto' and thought she was very very good...  if I could pick the other 2 headlines it would be Kasabian and Wolf Alice... the latter it would be their first headline??  They more than deserve the gig...  oh our daughter will be at Reading the same time... she absolutely made up at the headliners and b acts there...

On 12/9/2022 at 10:19 AM, Mr Carbohydrate said:

A good shout but I reckon Tom Meighan plays solo rather than the kasabian boys.  My thinking being that Noel will headline and both Tom and The Zutons are his tour supports.  

no festivals have really been booking meighan - can't think of a single one that has him

why get shitty meighan when you can just get the real thing?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JamesW said:

With Slaves' (now Soft Play) recent announcement, how likely do we think they are to be at 23'? Hoping for a band like them or Idles to be there with the current line up.

More likely for R&L - think they really get on well with melvin ? or something to that effect

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gfa said:

no festivals have really been booking meighan - can't think of a single one that has him

why get shitty meighan when you can just get the real thing?

Yeah I see your point and not a fan of Toms solo stuff but thought it adds up.  Personally I’d prefer they don’t book noel, kasabian, Tom or Zutons.  Seen kasabian a load right from the start, so headline show without Tom isn’t as appealing as a different act to me.  Right now I’d pick Liam over Noel but that doesn’t look likely. 

I’d love to see idles and/or Soft Play, that would be amazing!! Add shame to that mix too and I’d be over the moon, but agree traditionally they are a more likely fit for R&L.

5 hours ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Yeah I see your point and not a fan of Toms solo stuff but thought it adds up.  Personally I’d prefer they don’t book noel, kasabian, Tom or Zutons.  Seen kasabian a load right from the start, so headline show without Tom isn’t as appealing as a different act to me.  Right now I’d pick Liam over Noel but that doesn’t look likely. 

I’d love to see idles and/or Soft Play, that would be amazing!! Add shame to that mix too and I’d be over the moon, but agree traditionally they are a more likely fit for R&L.

Get down to a Kasabian concert, serge is just as good it makes 0 difference

16 hours ago, atomised said:

I saw them at knebworth. enjoyed them more with Serge as frontman  it was different for sure but he was a very engaging lead 

Don’t get me wrong, if they play victorious chances are I’ll be seeing them unless there’s a belter on the castle stage… that said, the missus will probably pull rank anyway 😁 but I’m still hoping for Richard Ashcroft or something left field.  

-6 degrees here today and I’d quite happily be in the common watching the kasabian lads right now! ☀️ 🏰 🍻 

Heard a rumour that it could be Kasabian and biffy clyro. Dunno how true this is, came from someone at the booking company or something but also provided a few people with Jamiroquai before space cowboy got put up on southsea common. Probably a load of bollocks to be honest cause I can’t see biffy clyro playing victorious 

2 hours ago, Spencer23 said:

Heard a rumour that it could be Kasabian and biffy clyro. Dunno how true this is, came from someone at the booking company or something but also provided a few people with Jamiroquai before space cowboy got put up on southsea common. Probably a load of bollocks to be honest cause I can’t see biffy clyro playing victorious 

Mate, I’d be over the bloody moon

7 hours ago, Spencer23 said:

I can, if Victorious are going to push to that next level. Kasabian are selling arenas and Biffy Clyro are probably only headliners at Download, IOW and Scotland now. I genuinely don't think they would get book for Reading MSE now. Every Reading MSE headliner is bigger this year.

5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I can, if Victorious are going to push to that next level. Kasabian are selling arenas and Biffy Clyro are probably only headliners at Download, IOW and Scotland now. I genuinely don't think they would get book for Reading MSE now. Every Reading MSE headliner is bigger this year.

I can see Biffy and Kasabian for sure. The size and scale of the event has definitely levelled up, and while many rock acts would be earmarked for Reading & Leeds it's just not the same booking priorities anymore. 

1 hour ago, WhatADin said:

I can see Biffy and Kasabian for sure. The size and scale of the event has definitely levelled up, and while many rock acts would be earmarked for Reading & Leeds it's just not the same booking priorities anymore. 

No. Victorious would do well to book the borderline rock acts that are current we will say with the nostagia of years gone by favourites. That's probably the kinda event I would attend. I'm not however in any rush to see either of those two or Jay Kay again.

I think Razorlight are going to get quite a good spot this year. They are certainly having a second blast of trajectory now then band are all back. Can't lie, they are definitely one of my favourite indie bands from the last 15 or so years and would I'd see again. Watching them at Splendor like 3rd down the bill felt like a highlight.

It's a great festival. I've only done 2 single days over the last 2 years but next year i'll be doing the full weekend. I love the mix of nostalgic bands they get that I missed seeing live back in the late 90s early 00s and the newer music. Also plenty i'd never have paid to see for instance Sam Ryder who was actually a great laugh and covered Master of Puppets brilliantly! 

Now got it into my head that it’s Biffy.  Honestly would make mine and the wife’s festival.  Please let it happen. 

Jamiraqoui, Biffy, Kasabian as headers would be absolutely unreal and perfect for me… which means it won’t happen 😂

Sigrid, Years + Years and someone More dancey as the castle headliners works as well.