Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

So someone posted in IOW forums, IOW has Pulp, George Ezra, Chems and Robbie Williams as headliners and Blondie on undercard. Someone from Blondie posted the line up on twitter yesterday, I can see they defo did post a line up pic and deleted it but seems no one took a screen shot

Shame no Pulp or Blondie at Viccy. 

Leaves it wide open for 1975 now doesn't it....

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

So someone posted in IOW forums, IOW has Pulp, George Ezra, Chems and Robbie Williams as headliners and Blondie on undercard. Someone from Blondie posted the line up on twitter yesterday, I can see they defo did post a line up pic and deleted it but seems no one took a screen shot

Shame no Pulp or Blondie at Viccy. 

Leaves it wide open for 1975 now doesn't it....

That's pretty big for IOW to be honest. Pulp was always going to play there. I expect that if it's the 13 dates that IOW is the 12th and Glastonbury will be the 13th.

5 hours ago, JamesW said:

from what's been announced, any ideas of the 90's bands to be playing? jamiroquai seems like a good guess for the moment from what i've seen, anyone got any suggestions?

How about Noel Gallagher HFB.  Appreciate they were formed after that but they fit that sort of time with his Oasis stuff 

10 hours ago, JamesW said:

from what's been announced, any ideas of the 90's bands to be playing? jamiroquai seems like a good guess for the moment from what i've seen, anyone got any suggestions?

Could see Shed 7 & Inspiral Carpets making it on to the lineup.

30 minutes ago, FxxxItFlowers said:

right rethinking this after the iow fest lineup leak thing

friday - disclosure

saturday - wolf alice/foals

sunday - capaldi 

Jamiroquai wouldn't headline victorious if they did thats abit leftfield for them I reckon

still sticking with who I said in regards to the undercard however

Think someone said foals are likely for R&L? 

Kasabian still think and if so gotta be Sunday night ! Not a fan of artists closing 

4 hours ago, gfa said:

1975 might be a bit big for Victorious with its very cheap tickets - more likely for Boardies i think

I think they could do it. Not many bigger festivals out there in terms of capacity. 

It's about reaching new audiences as well, new eyes on the band for potential album and ticket sales. 

1 hour ago, FxxxItFlowers said:

right rethinking this after the iow fest lineup leak thing

friday - disclosure

saturday - wolf alice/foals

sunday - capaldi 

Jamiroquai wouldn't headline victorious if they did thats abit leftfield for them I reckon

still sticking with who I said in regards to the undercard however

Sadly Foals are doing R&L (according to the leak anyway) so won’t be at Victorious.

My revised prediction:

Friday - Noel Gallaghers HFB

Saturday - Chase N Status

Sunday - Kasabian  

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Ok…. Barring Blondie, The Enemy and George Ezra (never expected Pulp to be at Victorious) I’m ok with missing the rest of that IOW lineup.

Hopefully that bodes well for this lineup 

the Enemy I'm a bit gutted about. other than that an awful lot on that line up from the last couple of years at Victorious 

2 that I'm gutted about is Human League and Blondie. 

Biggest shock for me is Courteeners, they've still never played Victorious, yet they're back at IOW again.

The rest is like said, this year's Victorious or shit, hell of a lot of pop crap. 

I'm gunna post in a minute who I expect at Victorious then. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

2 that I'm gutted about is Human League and Blondie. 

Biggest shock for me is Courteeners, they've still never played Victorious, yet they're back at IOW again.

The rest is like said, this year's Victorious or shit, hell of a lot of pop crap. 

I'm gunna post in a minute who I expect at Victorious then. 

Will look forward to it! Love a prediction 

Nailed on is Kasabian, ain't no way they ain't playing Victorious this year.

Headliner pot though, I admit is very light, you only have to look at Neighbourhood, looks like they've struggled themselves. No idea what is going to go around YNot, Truck, Kendell etc as they're so much smaller than Victorious. I think we might see smaller sized headliners throughout this year. 

Victorious big pull is the size of the festival, they sell like 7x more tickets than the ones above. Meaning more eyes on who's playing and more room to book someone plus don't forget they're part of the bigger machine now with being owned by Superstruct. It hasn't happened so far, but maybe they get someone bigger who is on their other big name Euro fests. As they haven't been announced yet, thats rather hard to predict. 

I think from previous headliners at Victorious the only one's that are possible are Noel, Prodigy and Weller, the latter 2 being 2018 and Noel way back in 2016 so its very possible Noel returns now. 

Other potential headliners, yeah i'd say 1975 are possible, i'd also say Biffy Clyro are possible too. This is because there's nothing else the size of Victorious out there, sometimes its about finding new fans as well as the payday. 

The one thing Victorious never has is US based headliners, maybe that changes, they've come close before with Beck but it never happened in the end. It will be difficult getting a US headliner unless they're already over touring and doing other fests.

Castle stage headliners/early Common stage special guests are even more harder to pick. Although I will say 2 shouts for these who haven't played in ages are Olly Murs and Travis.

Expected undercard

Tom Grennan, The Proclaimers, Kaiser Chiefs, The Coral, Wet Leg, Nathan Dawe, Heather Small, Razorlight, 

James Arthur, tons of people ask for him on twitter every year, I expect he will play, what slot I've no idea.

Also another one who could play, The Script but what size they are these days I don't know, are they Common headliner? Sub, Castle Headliner?

And then there's Snow Patrol. Same for them. Maybe they could be early slot? I really don't know their size anymore.

Oh yeah I forgot who i'd been predicting forever. Fatboy Slim, nailed on Castle headliner. I hope not Common headliner anyway.

so with iow announcing and although i go,bit gutted that the enemy and courteeners ,blondie, pulp , human league are not victorious.with that in mind my new and final( def maybe) fir southsea is.

FRI  MAINSTAGE NOEL G          CASTLE CAPALDI

SAT MAIN FLO                           CASTLE  2DOOR

SUN MAIN KASABIAN               CASTLE  FOALS

Could see Weller turning up and headling again.

15 minutes ago, retrokev said:

so with iow announcing and although i go,bit gutted that the enemy and courteeners ,blondie, pulp , human league are not victorious.with that in mind my new and final( def maybe) fir southsea is.

Capaldi Castle headliner? Dude he's huge. I don't even think Victorious could book him the size he is right now, would be Common headliner and nothing but. 

Noel, Flo and Kasabian are realistic however. I didn't put Flo because I think she might be out of her touring cycle this year, but not 100% on that

22 minutes ago, retrokev said:

haha Foals and Kasabian clashing would kill me ! But foals are suppose to be going reading and leeds so wont be at vicky 

2 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Capaldi Castle headliner? Dude he's huge. I don't even think Victorious could book him the size he is right now, would be Common headliner and nothing but. 

Noel, Flo and Kasabian are realistic however. I didn't put Flo because I think she might be out of her touring cycle this year, but not 100% on that

Flo is touring, it’s a strange one with her and The 1975 because they could realistically both Headline Glastonbury.

Yeah Lewis Capaldi and Foals would both headline this festival and Foals are doing R&L so won’t be there anyway. 

Prodigy, Kasabian, Noel Gallagher HFB, Lewis Capaldi (although meant to be doing Wembley too), Biffy Clyro, Snow Patrol, Fatboy Slim are all good shouts for headers.  Would be very happy with most of them.  

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

Nailed on is Kasabian, ain't no way they ain't playing Victorious this year.

Headliner pot though, I admit is very light, you only have to look at Neighbourhood, looks like they've struggled themselves. No idea what is going to go around YNot, Truck, Kendell etc as they're so much smaller than Victorious. I think we might see smaller sized headliners throughout this year. 

Victorious big pull is the size of the festival, they sell like 7x more tickets than the ones above. Meaning more eyes on who's playing and more room to book someone plus don't forget they're part of the bigger machine now with being owned by Superstruct. It hasn't happened so far, but maybe they get someone bigger who is on their other big name Euro fests. As they haven't been announced yet, thats rather hard to predict. 

I think from previous headliners at Victorious the only one's that are possible are Noel, Prodigy and Weller, the latter 2 being 2018 and Noel way back in 2016 so its very possible Noel returns now. 

Other potential headliners, yeah i'd say 1975 are possible, i'd also say Biffy Clyro are possible too. This is because there's nothing else the size of Victorious out there, sometimes its about finding new fans as well as the payday. 

The one thing Victorious never has is US based headliners, maybe that changes, they've come close before with Beck but it never happened in the end. It will be difficult getting a US headliner unless they're already over touring and doing other fests.

Castle stage headliners/early Common stage special guests are even more harder to pick. Although I will say 2 shouts for these who haven't played in ages are Olly Murs and Travis.

Expected undercard

Tom Grennan, The Proclaimers, Kaiser Chiefs, The Coral, Wet Leg, Nathan Dawe, Heather Small, Razorlight, 

James Arthur, tons of people ask for him on twitter every year, I expect he will play, what slot I've no idea.

Also another one who could play, The Script but what size they are these days I don't know, are they Common headliner? Sub, Castle Headliner?

And then there's Snow Patrol. Same for them. Maybe they could be early slot? I really don't know their size anymore.

Oh yeah I forgot who i'd been predicting forever. Fatboy Slim, nailed on Castle headliner. I hope not Common headliner anyway.

Fatboy is more likely to do a closing set or like an afternoon special than castle headliner. He's too big for Castle - has seen a real resurgence and been doing pretty big tours in recent years

I was just looking at Superstruct festivals and I hadn't realised they bought Bluedot this year. 

So they now own in UK and I'll put the apparent capacity with them from a website I sourced this from Victorious 100k, Boardmasters 50k, Tramlines 40k, Kendell Calling 25k, Bluedot 21k, South West Four 20k, Truck 10k. 

Along with

Sziget 95k Hungary, Hideout 15k Croatia, Oya 15k Norway, Flow 10k Finland

They also bought last year dance events Mysteryland 60k, Awakenings 70k and Amsterdam Open Air 20k

Not to mention they also own Wacken, Elrow, Parookaville, Sonar and Zwarte Cross. It didn't give capacity for those events.

I think people tend to forget the finances and booking capacity behind the group now. It's not little Global festivals anymore.

10 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I was just looking at Superstruct festivals and I hadn't realised they bought Bluedot this year. 

So they now own in UK and I'll put the apparent capacity with them from a website I sourced this from Victorious 100k, Boardmasters 50k, Tramlines 40k, Kendell Calling 25k, Bluedot 21k, South West Four 20k, Truck 10k. 

Along with

They also bought last year dance events Mysteryland 60k, Awakenings 70k and Amsterdam Open Air 20k

Not to mention they also own Wacken, Elrow, Parookaville, Sonar and Zwarte Cross. It didn't give capacity for those events.

I think people tend to forget the finances and booking capacity behind the group now. It's not little Global festivals anymore.

Victorious isn't 100k - i'm seeing 65k so about 33% smaller

Truck is 20k if not larger now - possibly 30k i think?

12 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Along with

I think wacken is like 80k+