Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

8 hours ago, atomised said:

you've forgotten a Friday night castle headliner now the whole sites going to be open 

Jesus thats happening now? I should probably get tickets early on

pretty nice to finally see Victorious become a huge player in the summer festivals

no idea who they could even get for a opposite for a indie act on the friday atm

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FxxxItFlowers said:

Jesus thats happening now? I should probably get tickets early on

pretty nice to finally see Victorious become a huge player in the summer festivals

no idea who they could even get for a opposite for a indie act on the friday atm

yeah. funny really  I was saying over the weekend that if they were persisting with an afternoon special guest on the Friday they needed to move to opening the campsite on the Thursday and sure enough that's happening. 

7 minutes ago, atomised said:

yeah. funny really  I was saying over the weekend that if they were persisting with an afternoon special guest on the Friday they needed to move to opening the campsite on the Thursday and sure enough that's happening. 

yeah seemed really weird they had PRIMAL SCREAM? on at 1pm on the Friday

Libertines as special guests this year was strange considering they headlined the friday in 2018, 

would be really cool to have Victorious as a full blown weekender festival im so down for that next year

Agree I think Foals are a likely headliner. Would love to see Jamie T but don’t think he’s ever played a Festival other than Reading or Glastonbury.

Other possibles are the recently reformed Hard-Fi and The Enemy and would expect to see Starsailor back after James Walsh’s fine solo acoustic set.

It’s important there’s something for everyone but I hope they don’t go too poppy. There’s short term gain but V Festival went down that road and no longer exists. 

5 hours ago, johnl said:

Agree I think Foals are a likely headliner. Would love to see Jamie T but don’t think he’s ever played a Festival other than Reading or Glastonbury.

Other possibles are the recently reformed Hard-Fi and The Enemy and would expect to see Starsailor back after James Walsh’s fine solo acoustic set.

It’s important there’s something for everyone but I hope they don’t go too poppy. There’s short term gain but V Festival went down that road and no longer exists. 

Absolutely agree I went to the 1st 3 V Festivals and they were fantastic.Then went back a few years later it was a train wreck.This year I thought it had something for everyone but a major dance act would have gone down a treat.A big soul/jazz act on a sunny afternoon goes down well at other festivals I’ve been too Gregory Porter type 

11 minutes ago, Terry Smith said:

Absolutely agree I went to the 1st 3 V Festivals and they were fantastic.Then went back a few years later it was a train wreck.This year I thought it had something for everyone but a major dance act would have gone down a treat.A big soul/jazz act on a sunny afternoon goes down well at other festivals I’ve been too Gregory Porter type 

Was thinking of dance acts… Chemical Brothers or maybe Disclosure sprang to mind

Pop acts are harder to work out, maybe an Ollie Murs? Ella Henderson, Tom Grennan (is he pop).  

13 minutes ago, kelstar said:

Interesting to see everyone’s thoughts!

so who would be the afternoon special guests and who would headline  beats stage, as this year it was Andy C/Hot Chip

maybe someone like gorgon city or professor green for B&S> 

special guests could be anything after having sugababes haha which where actually great fun despite my initial thoughts 

23 minutes ago, kelstar said:

Interesting to see everyone’s thoughts!

so who would be the afternoon special guests and who would headline  beats stage, as this year it was Andy C/Hot Chip

Special guests could be anything from the likes of The Enemy and Hard Fi to Tom Jones or Olly Murs

50 minutes ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

Seems that the festival is almost outgrowing the size of the location. Something needs to be done, even if it's a rejig of the whole site plan! 

more grass behine the common stage so could extend that further back but not sure what else they can do with the space they have

better stage planning is the quick short terms solution for next few years, I love suede but they should have been castle and have becky hill on main as she is a bigger draw.

alternatively just keep the pop acts to the minimal and that will stop the teenagers flocking , not that they should have to as they are very welcome too 

17 hours ago, Jack01825 said:

more grass behine the common stage so could extend that further back but not sure what else they can do with the space they have

better stage planning is the quick short terms solution for next few years, I love suede but they should have been castle and have becky hill on main as she is a bigger draw.

alternatively just keep the pop acts to the minimal and that will stop the teenagers flocking , not that they should have to as they are very welcome too 

Difficult one. More pop acts = more revenue = more teens. Then it will end up going the same way as Reading which would stop me going entirely (hence why we are all on the fence about going back next year). I am finding it more difficult to find festivals which offer what Victorious does, a bit of all genres and a good mix of old and new. 

1 hour ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

Difficult one. More pop acts = more revenue = more teens. Then it will end up going the same way as Reading which would stop me going entirely (hence why we are all on the fence about going back next year). I am finding it more difficult to find festivals which offer what Victorious does, a bit of all genres and a good mix of old and new. 

Couldn't agree more. Victorious is pretty niche in terms of what it offers (mixed lineup and a decent sized kids area for young families) - the festival was packed and is growing year on year so I don't see why they would want to change it. Really hope not anyway as like you, if the type of acts changed into something similar to Reading then I would stop going. I'd like to think that with it being on at the same time, that the demographic that Victorious is aiming for will be different. I'm waiting for the initial line-up drop before buying tickets though for next year!