Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

1 minute ago, EssexIndie said:

Couldn't agree more. Victorious is pretty niche in terms of what it offers (mixed lineup and a decent sized kids area for young families) - the festival was packed and is growing year on year so I don't see why they would want to change it. Really hope not anyway as like you, if the type of acts changed into something similar to Reading then I would stop going. I'd like to think that with it being on at the same time, that the demographic that Victorious is aiming for will be different. I'm waiting for the initial line-up drop before buying tickets though for next year!

We usually buy after Christmas so we should know by then at least some of the line up 🙂

On 8/30/2022 at 8:09 AM, Jack01825 said:

What a weekend! 

Pretty convinced Foals will be there next year, they played them each day just before the headliners came out!

Based on this logic, Blondie is a shoe-in. I think I heard Blondie about 20 times over the weekend

I also picked up on a lot of Foals being played. Well considerably more then I tend to hear at other events and sovery noticable that they were being played. So also did wonder was there a hint/meaning to it or do the people with fingers on the play button just all like Foals.

Lewis Capaldi releasing new music.  Pretty sure he was already on my possible mid sized act list but he’s got to have a good chance of headlining this now.  Done IOW recently so crosses that off the list as the possible conflict.

Foals, Kasabian, Lewis Capaldi, George Ezra, Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds

They’re my favourites for it right now

27 minutes ago, sisco said:

Lewis Capaldi releasing new music.  Pretty sure he was already on my possible mid sized act list but he’s got to have a good chance of headlining this now.  Done IOW recently so crosses that off the list as the possible conflict.

Foals, Kasabian, Lewis Capaldi, George Ezra, Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds

They’re my favourites for it right now

Think foals might be at reading and Leeds. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I believe Nathan Dawe will be there next year. 

I hope not. If they are going down the dance route then do it propa and get Tiesto or Van Dyke playing Trance.

To be honest you are probably correct about Nathan and he will cause a crush    At Beats & Swing. Is he big enough to play high up on the main stages. Don’t really know much about him.

10 hours ago, Dales said:

I hope not. If they are going down the dance route then do it propa and get Tiesto or Van Dyke playing Trance.

To be honest you are probably correct about Nathan and he will cause a crush    At Beats & Swing. Is he big enough to play high up on the main stages. Don’t really know much about him.

Looked at Spotify…. Yep he’s certainly big enough.  Seems to remix lots of songs I listened to years ago 

23 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I believe Nathan Dawe will be there next year. 

Along with Joel Corry probably. It's a big change though if the festival are at that point booking them now.

19 hours ago, Dales said:

He doesn't even play that at Creamfields

15 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Along with Joel Corry probably. It's a big change though if the festival are at that point booking them now.

He doesn't even play that at Creamfields

Yeah, I am a bit out of time when it comes to dance. My Ibiza trips and club all nighters were many many moons ago 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Jack01825 said:

Ahhh okay, however reading the leaked lineup suggests Kasabian will be about, not on R+L and done isle of white last year .....

Yep, they’ve got to have a good chance of being there.  Them or Biffy Clyro would make up for missing out on Foals

I wonder what they'll go for next year, this years headliners were all very much current. Even though Phonics have been around 20+ years. 

I imagine both IOW and Victorious will be both trying their hardest to book Pulp. Can see IOW winning out on that one.

Would love Depeche Mode, The Cure or Pet Shop Boys to be booked. 

I imagine we are gunna end up with Fatboy Slim.

5 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I wonder what they'll go for next year, this years headliners were all very much current. Even though Phonics have been around 20+ years. 

I imagine both IOW and Victorious will be both trying their hardest to book Pulp. Can see IOW winning out on that one.

I hadn’t thought about Pulp or Fatboy myself but yeah, guessing they could. 

Id complied a list of the likes of George Ezra, Kasabian, Lewis Capaldi, Snow Patrol, Foals, Noel Gallagher, Jamie T, Biffy Clyro (plus a few more).  Or the right sort of size to do it. 

9 hours ago, luckysalt said:

100% see IOW winning.