Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

10 hours ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

I think there will be dance headliner for one of the nights, although it will probably be a Castle Stage headliner. 

Chems will be about all summer, decent shout probably. Fit quite well at victorious too

4 hours ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

Either of those would be a good shout.

Our group and I have already decided we will be going back next year despite all the niggles we had this year and hope that the organisers take on board the complaints.

Let's hope the headliners are good ones! 

Chems/Guetta/Fatboy 

Ezra/Capaldi

Biffy/Kasabian

That type of act each day would be a good mix 

37 minutes ago, retrokev said:

hard one,but looking at other feeds and who is touring ,albums etc. going for main common /castle headliners from kasabian, noel , george , flo , fatboy slim , 2door.

Yeah tbf I think Noel is another who could be likely.  I never really know about Florence, hard to know if she’s to big or not

16 hours ago, sisco said:

Yeah tbf I think Noel is another who could be likely.  I never really know about Florence, hard to know if she’s to big or not

She's not too big, depends on what other offers she has and if she can be arsed. 

I would say Guetta is too expensive imo though. I don't think he's the draw he once was, sure Fatboy would be probably about a quarter of the cost of Guetta. 

Whereas Florence would probably be pretty expensive still I think they would value her as a booking that would get people in. 

Prodigy could even be back, it's been 5 years next year. Hell maybe even Weller back as he also was 5 years ago. Libs was back last year from that same year. 

I hope we don't get Chemical Brothers, I've seen them numerous times at festivals and the open air headliner slot just doesn't suit them. I saw them headline the tent at V (Ridiculous how their stock had fallen then) and they were so much better. 

Anyway. Here's something a bit different. Instead of headliners, what 90s acts are we getting next year. Last year we had Suede, Ocean Colour Scene, James, Primal Scream, Kulashaker. 

I reckon it's finally time we got Paul Heaton, did IOW this year. Also Charlatans did IOW this year, about time they were back, it's been 6 years! Surely nailed on. 

5 years since Happy Mondays, Gomez, Lightning Seeds and The Bluetones. All would be welcomed back by me.

Not 90s but been 6 years since Jake Bugg, Franz Ferdinand, Olly Murs and Slaves could see any of those back. 

And quite crazily it's been 7 years since Travis played. Give them the early special act slot next year imo. 

Even more so it's been 8 years since Texas played and did the early slot and also that year was the last time we got The Darkness. They are surely due a return.

Edited by luckysalt

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

She's not too big, depends on what other offers she has and if she can be arsed. 

I would say Guetta is too expensive imo though. I don't think he's the draw he once was, sure Fatboy would be probably about a quarter of the cost of Guetta. 

Whereas Florence would probably be pretty expensive still I think they would value her as a booking that would get people in. 

Prodigy could even be back, it's been 5 years next year. Hell maybe even Weller back as he also was 5 years ago. Libs was back last year from that same year. 

I hope we don't get Chemical Brothers, I've seen them numerous times at festivals and the open air headliner slot just doesn't suit them. I saw them headline the tent at V (Ridiculous how their stock had fallen then) and they were so much better. 

Anyway. Here's something a bit different. Instead of headliners, what 90s acts are we getting next year. Last year we had Suede, Ocean Colour Scene, James, Primal Scream, Kulashaker. 

I reckon it's finally time we got Paul Heaton, did IOW this year. Also Charlatans did IOW this year, about time they were back, it's been 6 years! Surely nailed on. 

5 years since Happy Mondays, Gomez, Lightning Seeds and The Bluetones. All would be welcomed back by me.

Not 90s but been 6 years since Jake Bugg, Franz Ferdinand, Olly Murs and Slaves could see any of those back. 

And quite crazily it's been 7 years since Travis played. Give them the early special act slot next year imo. 

Even more so it's been 8 years since Texas played and did the early slot and also that year was the last time we got The Darkness. They are surely due a return.

So from my little indie era I’d like Hard Fi, The Enemy, Pigeon Detectives and the lightening seeds are always a bit of fun.  Heaton & Abbott would be good too.  Hopefully we’ll start seeing lineups over the coming weeks which give us more of a clue.  IOW and R&L will obvs give us lots to rule out

On 10/11/2022 at 7:38 PM, Terry Smith said:

I’ve recently seen some up and coming acts 

The Snuts,Lathums and Andrew Cushin all 3 of these are worth a shot

Naughties acts worth a slot The Enemy,Hard Fi,Maximo Park and Reverend and the Makers 

Brtitpop Acts Weller,Cast,Lighting Seeds,Reef 

all worth a shout plus not expensive 

all 3 are really good especially the snuts and have played victorious 21 i think,be great to have them back.would love the enemy having seen on their recent tour.

27 minutes ago, retrokev said:

all 3 are really good especially the snuts and have played victorious 21 i think,be great to have them back.would love the enemy having seen on their recent tour.

Seeing the enemy on Friday, looking forward to it. 

Trying to think of a realistic list of acts I’d like for both me and the family.  I’ll go:

George Ezra, Lewis Capaldi, Kasabian, The Coral, The Enemy, IDLES, Biffy Clyro, Little Simz, Kano, James Bay, Heaton & Abbot, Snow Patrol, The Script

Some of them would be nice…

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 8:42 PM, sisco said:

Seeing the enemy on Friday, looking forward to it. 

Trying to think of a realistic list of acts I’d like for both me and the family.  I’ll go:

George Ezra, Lewis Capaldi, Kasabian, The Coral, The Enemy, IDLES, Biffy Clyro, Little Simz, Kano, James Bay, Heaton & Abbot, Snow Patrol, The Script

Some of them would be nice…

Kasabian, IDLES, The Enemy and Ezra I'd say are nailed on for this

starting to think it'll be

friday - chem bros

sat - ezra

sun - kasabian

7 minutes ago, FxxxItFlowers said:

Kasabian, IDLES, The Enemy and Ezra I'd say are nailed on for this

starting to think it'll be

friday - chem bros

sat - ezra

sun - kasabian

I’d certainly be very happy with that.  IDLES would be great but keep seeing everyone mention them for Reading & Leeds

Just as a reminder Truck, Tramlines and Y Not who Victorious share plenty of acts with generally start announcing next month so we should get lots more clues soon.  

Another act who wouldn’t surprise me is Pet Shop Boys as a headliner.  I reckon they’ll do IOW but If they don’t it really would surprise me if they’re the Friday header. 

26 minutes ago, sisco said:

Just as a reminder Truck, Tramlines and Y Not who Victorious share plenty of acts with generally start announcing next month so we should get lots more clues soon.  

Another act who wouldn’t surprise me is Pet Shop Boys as a headliner.  I reckon they’ll do IOW but If they don’t it really would surprise me if they’re the Friday header. 

Do IOW and Victorious tend to share acts? They are pretty close