What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

7 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

We went van camping this weekend. Ground was pretty saturated which provoked some thoughts about what i would need to pack for a muddy year at Glastonbury. 

Got to say it feels a lot wetter in the build up this year. 

Could really do with some warm, dry weather kicking in. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, El Weirdo said:

Got the tent up anyway. Decided to do it on my own as I suspect my daughter who's coming with me will be quite close to useless on the day. 20230508_205530.thumb.jpg.ce348945816c5553b5c02a2aa067f817.jpg

"close to useless", harsh, but understandable. This weekend my son stood playing clash of clans whilst I struggled under half an acre of canvas and a mile of steel tubes.

• Upvote 1

Can anyone recommend a decent light weight but supportive chair? At this stage Im not bothered about cost. Yes this year Im going to be one of those annoying people that takes a chair but, needs must. The ones that get great reviews look very low.

42 minutes ago, angelin said:

Can anyone recommend a decent light weight but supportive chair? At this stage Im not bothered about cost. Yes this year Im going to be one of those annoying people that takes a chair but, needs must. The ones that get great reviews look very low.

If you find one let me know! My old Coleman's from Costco was ok, but is loosing its shape (like me).

I'm thinking of setting up a website selling comfy festival chairs. The domain chairw*nker.com is still available.

2 hours ago, angelin said:

61s0a0WZipL._AC_SX679_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/URPRO-Upgraded-Portable-Lightweight-Backpacking/dp/B07VJX2Z3Y/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=lightweight+high+back+camping+chair&qid=1683628736&sprefix=lightweight+high+back+camp%2Caps%2C147&sr=8-6

2 minutes ago, angelin said:

Thank you. Have you got it yourself?

I've got similar but not that exact make (probably made in the same factory). Would recommend getting one with a ground sheet thing that clips on each foot, or at least getting one separately if you can. As well as stopping it sinking in soft ground they do seem to make them a bit more stable too. They are generally a bit more stable than the lower back ones I find. Little bit heavier and bulkier when packed away but really not much.

some progress on my DIY glasto tops from before! 

nearly finished the crochet top now - annoyingly I ran out of yarn just as i was finishing the left strap haha

crochet.thumb.png.3f947cf698a3507147805f1c5b732236.png

whilst I'm waiting on more yarn to arrive i've started work on the embroidery, it's my first time embroidering anything so please excuse my wonky lines haha

embroidery.thumb.png.c9985ae26986321da6beea93ea1e2a50.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

@angelinwe've bought these exact ones this year. Yet to use them in the fields but we've tried them out at home and they're not as low as they look. We're quite pleased with them, will gradually get a bit quicker at putting them up. I didn't want to break them but they do take a bit of squeezing to get the poles in the hooks. I'm assuming that's standard across this type of chair to be honest to make them solid. We did manage to fit both of them inside a rucksack as well so really easy to carry around. We'll be using them during the day mostly then we'll head to the lock ups to swap them for the alcohol in the evenings before it gets dark. Pick them up again on the way in the next morning 👍🏼

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

7 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

@angelinwe've bought these exact ones this year. Yet to use them in the fields but we've tried them out at home and they're not as low as they look. We're quite pleased with them, will gradually get a bit quicker at putting them up. I didn't want to break them but they do take a bit of squeezing to get the poles in the hooks. I'm assuming that's standard across this type of chair to be honest to make them solid. We did manage to fit both of them inside a rucksack as well so really easy to carry around. We'll be using them during the day mostly then we'll head to the lock ups to swap them for the alcohol in the evenings before it gets dark. Pick them up again on the way in the next morning 👍🏼

Pretty much. And more so on these higher back style. But they sort of loosen up a bit (not enough it affects the chair stability) and become easier. And never really seem at risk of breaking despite how it feels when you first use them

3 minutes ago, danssol said:

tried clipping my sleeping mat to my new rucksack. Mat is too thick, as suspected,  so will re-think. Want to carry more on my back and reduce the need for trolley i.e. take less stuff

Straps on side/top/bottom of rucksack?

9 minutes ago, danssol said:

tried clipping my sleeping mat to my new rucksack. Mat is too thick, as suspected,  so will re-think. Want to carry more on my back and reduce the need for trolley i.e. take less stuff

What rucksack have you got?  FWIW I managed last year on coach to get everything in or on my bag (including tent) and travel hands free. I've got an army surplus bergen with the side pouches, cost me about £60 years ago if you're in the market for something that can take the capacity.