The 1975

NorthernSoul52

Stormzy does feel a bit like he's winding things back.

In a decade, he could well be the twenty-first century answer to Kate Bush when it comes to live performance.

Back to The 1975, hadn't really thought about much of the new stuff being massive. About You and Happiness are both corkers though.

Maybe too late to the conversation but I went to see QOTSA at Finsbury Park and you're right the bar queues were terrible, I think we queued for about 45 mins to an 1 hour. But I went to Community the day after (we bought tickets in the park in between sets haha) and it was completely different - I assume because the crowds had very different vibes, Community seemed to run young maybe majority under 18 and QOTSA was pretty laddy

I got tickets! So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the recent tiktok fame of the 1975 means that a majority of the fans will be too young to buy drinks haha!

20 minutes ago, becca_ said:

Someone listed all their live dates this summer and there is a very conspicuous gap between 21-25 June. Are we SURE they’re not playing..?

I can't remember the right guy to tag, but someone has definitely heard they aren't. 

Edit:

@drunk pumpkin still confident in your info? 

Edited by Freddyflintstonree

11 hours ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

I can't remember the right guy to tag, but someone has definitely heard they aren't. 

Edit:

@drunk pumpkin still confident in your info? 

I am, unfortunately. There is still no conflicting information that they will make a surprise u-turn and perform.

However who knows what really goes through Matty's head at any given time.

I really hope I'm wrong as I'd love to see them on the farm again  

12 hours ago, drunk pumpkin said:

I am, unfortunately. There is still no conflicting information that they will make a surprise u-turn and perform.

However who knows what really goes through Matty's head at any given time.

I really hope I'm wrong as I'd love to see them on the farm again  

Missed this when you first posted it. Have you had info that they turned an offer down for something this year? Assume a sub spot or something.

I still truly believe they're headline or nothing now but was holding out hope of a surprise set 😭

Sounds like someone needs to grow up

Matty Healy, the lead singer of The 1975, appeared on the Adam Friedland podcast last week, where he giggled along to a litany of offensive comments about women, queer people and Chinese, Inuit and Hawaiian people – along with cracking jokes about concentration camps. His fans on Twitter voiced their disgust.

The podcast controversy was enough to make one account, @dailymattyhealy, quit the game altogether. “I’m taking a break from this acc bc of recent events and my mental health,” the fan tweeted. “Im keeping this acc open in case we actually get an apology from matty (doubt it tbh), but as much as i love the 1975 and the fandom i have to take care of myself too, i hope you understand.”

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/feb/21/stan-accounts-julia-fox-matty-healy

12 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Missed this when you first posted it. Have you had info that they turned an offer down for something this year? Assume a sub spot or something.

I still truly believe they're headline or nothing now but was holding out hope of a surprise set 😭

Apparently they were asked to play but not to headline. I'm still being told there is no chance they will appear even in a secret set. 

I'm still hoping its wrong but don't believe it is

They shouldn't be playing anywhere but headline at this point given how popular and acclaimed this latest touring cycle has been and the fact the festival could really do with a first timer British headliner again. If Glastonbury don't get them up top on their next album they've dropped the ball massively, and I'm not even a huge fan of the band.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

They shouldn't be playing anywhere but headline at this point given how popular and acclaimed this latest touring cycle has been and the fact the festival could really do with a first timer British headliner again. If Glastonbury don't get them up top on their next album they've dropped the ball massively, and I'm not even a huge fan of the band.

They should be headliner or nothing, it must be said, on their size and currency alone, but of course...

35 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Sounds like someone needs to grow up

Matty Healy, the lead singer of The 1975, appeared on the Adam Friedland podcast last week, where he giggled along to a litany of offensive comments about women, queer people and Chinese, Inuit and Hawaiian people – along with cracking jokes about concentration camps. His fans on Twitter voiced their disgust.

The podcast controversy was enough to make one account, @dailymattyhealy, quit the game altogether. “I’m taking a break from this acc bc of recent events and my mental health,” the fan tweeted. “Im keeping this acc open in case we actually get an apology from matty (doubt it tbh), but as much as i love the 1975 and the fandom i have to take care of myself too, i hope you understand.”

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/feb/21/stan-accounts-julia-fox-matty-healy

With this kind of behaviour, whether "in-character" or not, you're only shooting yourself in the foot, frankly.

On 2/22/2023 at 11:44 AM, jannybruck said:

They're big enough that any online cancel stuff just doesn't filter out to wider casual fans who aren't terminally online like most of us or the kids glued to their social media. Exact same with the Arcade Fire drama last year.

The coverage regarding arcade fire during the last few months in the US and Canada, shows that story has very much remained in the news there... 

https://www.nme.com/en_asia/news/music/juno-awards-defend-arcade-fire-nomination-say-they-are-honouring-the-rest-of-the-band-3391116

https://montrealgazette.com/entertainment/arcade-fire-we-tour-concert-review-win-butler

https://www.sbstatesman.com/2022/11/07/arcade-fire-can-you-be-a-poet-and-a-scumbag/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/arcade-fire-sexual-misconduct-allegations-refunds-1.6663276

https://montrealgazette.com/opinion/columnists/sexual-allegations-cast-a-shadow-on-arcade-fires-bell-centre-show

Matty is pretty much going the Kanye route and nobody will ever do anything about his behavior cause he is a privileged white dude. He knows what he is doing and none of it is on accident. Maybe the one way to shut him up will be to ban him from any Oasis reunion gigs. He can go cry in a corner. The core 1975 fanbase could give a toss what he does either cause they now love that sort of stuff cause "its art".

Edited by Suprefan

34 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Matty is pretty much going the Kanye route and nobody will ever do anything about his behavior cause he is a privileged white dude. He knows what he is doing and none of it is on accident. Maybe the one way to shut him up will be to ban him from any Oasis reunion gigs. He can go cry in a corner. The core 1975 fanbase could give a toss what he does either cause they now love that sort of stuff cause "its art".

Spot on!