LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

On 4/5/2024 at 11:00 PM, plaskins said:

Really looking forward to silver Hayes lineup. Really great for 2023. Here's hoping it matches/better it this year. Visited the levels last year for camelphat and FBS, really liked the stage/area. Watched Ben Bohmer on lonely harts too and he was great

I'm lookin forward to it even though I won't know 99% of the names.

12 minutes ago, Jess2024 said:

What does this mean?? I know it’s probably a Wembley announcement but that looks suspiciously like a pyramid stage in the background. 

IMG_1115.jpeg

Means they will be milking the cash cow again with the same dull rubbish that was manufactured back in the nineties.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jess2024 said:

What does this mean?? I know it’s probably a Wembley announcement but that looks suspiciously like a pyramid stage in the background. 

IMG_1115.jpeg

It does I agree but just can’t see it … or a space they’d be suitable for 

22 minutes ago, Jess2024 said:

IMG_1115.jpeg

It actually looks more like the Luxor in Las Vegas 😂

24 minutes ago, Jess2024 said:

IMG_1115.jpeg

Looks like a boxing ring. Strange.

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Residency at the Luxor, Las Vegas

Certainly would be the obvious fit with the image..

But.. the Luxor doesn't have a venue big enough to make the kind of money they'd want (current capacity of the theatre is 1,500). So either they'd have to expand, build something new, or rent out something nearby (which is possible - there's a stadium and 2 arenas within half a mile).

Also can't help but think that "Wembley" is one of the more evocative venue names in British music history, so seems odd to tag it there if it's not connected.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Certainly would be the obvious fit with the image..

But.. the Luxor doesn't have a venue big enough to make the kind of money they'd want (current capacity of the theatre is 1,500). So either they'd have to expand, build something new, or rent out something nearby (which is possible - there's a stadium and 2 arenas within half a mile).

Also can't help but think that "Wembley" is one of the more evocative venue names in British music history, so seems odd to tag it there if it's not connected.

Also the Luxor is a proper sh*t hole these days. Pretty much bottom of the pile of hotels on the strip. 

The more I look at that, the more I'm convinced it's not connected to an announcement at all.

The "Pyramid" effect is simply a pattern effect based on diagonal lines. And the background behind the girls appears to be a boxing match held in the old stadium.

I think it's just a "Wembley Legacy" design used to make some temporary fencing look nicer. And Mel B is posting it because she's proud of it.

1 minute ago, incident said:

The more I look at that, the more I'm convinced it's not connected to an announcement at all.

The "Pyramid" effect is simply a pattern effect based on diagonal lines. And the background behind the girls appears to be a boxing match held in the old stadium.

I think it's just a "Wembley Legacy" design used to make some temporary fencing look nicer. And Mel B is posting it because she's proud of it.

This is spot-on

4 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Anyhow. Silver Hayes, Avalon and Acoustic are the stages we are most looking forward to so really would love to see them out first. Then West Holts, Leftfield and Glade.

What announcement do we get Truth/Earache stuff? I’m hoping for that one along with Avalon and Leftfield. 

1 hour ago, Jess2024 said:

IMG_1115.jpeg

I'm more intrigued about who is on the left

1 hour ago, foolee said:

What announcement do we get Truth/Earache stuff? I’m hoping for that one along with Avalon and Leftfield. 

Could just be a rename but with the mooted Shangri-La re-jig, the Truth Stage could be no more.