LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

2 minutes ago, AndyL16 said:

All work and no announcements makes Andy a dull boy

Ok, get this. I went into the official Glastonbury website, clicked the 2023 lineup, then edited the URL link, changing 2023 to 2024. Then the following came up...

PAGE NOT FOUND

Sorry, the page you’re looking for is no longer at this location. It may be an old or broken link or a page which doesn’t exist on the site any more. Please try searching or browsing via the Sitemap.

...make of that what you will...

Just now, CharlotteB said:

Ok, get this. I went into the official Glastonbury website, clicked the 2023 lineup, then edited the URL link, changing 2023 to 2024. Then the following came up...

PAGE NOT FOUND

Sorry, the page you’re looking for is no longer at this location. It may be an old or broken link or a page which doesn’t exist on the site any more. Please try searching or browsing via the Sitemap.

...make of that what you will...

Sure, but you'll get the exact same message for any year that hasn't already got a lineup page - be it 2024 or 99999.

1 hour ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Well....  I all of a suddern think the next announcement is exactly 1:30 tomorrow afternoon.

I'm sure a lot of you have the same expectation all of a sudden

Try to act suprised lol

Hey wear your jacket that has a Pyramid on the shoulder to make it even less subtle......

Screenshot_20240221-114712_Facebook.jpg

I wonder when that video was filmed, he has been wearing that jacket for the whole tour

22 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Coldplay in feb 2016

IMG_1059.jpeg.a13e8dbd226d478e8bad0308b8e26daf.jpeg

Nah that’s basically an announcement itself. I’m talking about a band saying “we’ve got an announcement tomorrow” and then it turning out to be that they’re headlining the Pyramid. 99% of the time Glastonbury announcements come out of the blue, or at most are hinted at vaguely. 

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Nah that’s basically an announcement itself. I’m talking about a band saying “we’ve got an announcement tomorrow” and then it turning out to be that they’re headlining the Pyramid. 99% of the time Glastonbury announcements come out of the blue, or at most are hinted at vaguely. 

That’s true, this years rumours and hints have been very sparse. Not that it’s stopped our speculation. 😉

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

There was a theory West Holts was early as they used it as a smoke screen to reshuffle the main line-up poster, shifting Cat & Lana to the top.

It certainly helped to drop the lineup for the most diverse stage at a time when they were getting criticised for a lack of diversity on the poster

1 hour ago, AndyL16 said:

Think I've missed something, why is there now a sudden expectation for an announcement? 

There isn't - people are just getting impatient.

based on the last 2 years first/second week of March is to be expected for poster

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Didnt Radiohead tease theirs once 

There was the field painting thing, and there was also Elton’s rocket, but they still didn't put a time and date on the announcement like that Coldplay did in that video. Don’t think anyone’s ever been that specific in trailing exactly when an announcement that turned out to be Glastonbury related was coming. Not Pyramid headliners at least. But it’s a moot point anyway because the video was old. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

26 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I mentioned it to him the other day so fingers crossed . 

But how will he know?  I doubt GFL will give a heads up and as I understand it, he's not connected to that world at all. 

I think the first we'll know will be social media alerts from x and insta.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

But how will he know?  I doubt GFL will give a heads up and as I understand it, he's not connected to that world at all. 

I think the first we'll know will be social media alerts from x and insta.

embargoed press release is my guess ?