LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

1 hour ago, Claire0406 said:

If I’m right they never actually did, they pulled quite late and glasto said they’d never book them again

Yeah, that's what I read too, must have been quite to cause a 30 year ban on them returning, not that I imagine RHCP are that fussed about it either.

3 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Yeah, that's what I read too, must have been quite to cause a 30 year ban on them returning, not that I imagine RHCP are that fussed about it either.

In his talk the other year Michael said that they did not even pull out. They just dod not turn up on the day with absolutely no word or explanation still to this day. 

He then said they are not allowed on site even if they get tickets!

This was him on the acoustic stage in 2019

18 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

In his talk the other year Michael said that they did not even pull out. They just dod not turn up on the day with absolutely no word or explanation still to this day. 

He then said they are not allowed on site even if they get tickets!

This was him on the acoustic stage in 2019

Ah, okay, seems like there's still a lot of residual scar tissue then.

• Upvote 1

I think that is a bit of a Micheal story.  They pulled out a few weeks before the festival in '93 and lenny kravitz was drafted in to headline instead so it wasn't an on the day thing. Official reason was Flea's chronic fatigue syndrome however at that time I think there was all sorts of things going on with different bands members and drugs so who knows. I'm sure it was a nightmare to replace them with less than a month at a time when the festival didn't have the same pulling power out has now (pre bbc, Internet and global coverage).

20 hours ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Surely we’re due a substantial announcement this week

Got to be 2 areas over these 4 days tue-fri you’d think. One music and one not? Im guessing theres a few i’s and t’s being dotted and crossed in the smaller areas before they’ll be ready to go. 

t&c would be an easy one as they can just do what they did last year and list some of their bigger names without dropping every single thing thats on.