BBC Coverage 2022

Cooter

Granted I am new to these forums, but must admit I am quite surprised by some of the bickering here. Particularly considering these threads in particular have been set up for us feeling a bit blue and wanting to console ourselves with the footage at home etc.. 

All feels a bit 2008 no?

Don’t wish to sound like a patronising old sod, but can’t we just chill a bit? Some of the things being ‘debated’ are perhaps not best suited to be discussed in a thread about tv coverage no?

Not a great line up for me today. 

If I was there I'd be all over Just Mustard on John Peel because they are absolutely brilliant, but they are playing at 1115 so won't be on tv.

TV wise there's some ok stuff but nothing that I am massively excited by. Warmduscher will be fun and Amyl & The Sniffers/Turnstile too.

Will watch some of Kendrick Lamar and Bicep later.

1 minute ago, Gashead86 said:

Granted I am new to these forums, but must admit I am quite surprised by some of the bickering here. Particularly considering these threads in particular have been set up for us feeling a bit blue and wanting to console ourselves with the footage at home etc.. 

All feels a bit 2008 no?

Don’t wish to sound like a patronising old sod, but can’t we just chill a bit? Some of the things being ‘debated’ are perhaps not best suited to be discussed in a thread about tv coverage no?

Yea well said

1 minute ago, benali said:

Not a great line up for me today. 

If I was there I'd be all over Just Mustard on John Peel because they are absolutely brilliant, but they are playing at 1115 so won't be on tv.

TV wise there's some ok stuff but nothing that I am massively excited by. Warmduscher will be fun and Amyl & The Sniffers/Turnstile too.

Will watch some of Kendrick Lamar and Bicep later.

What time does the TV stuff start?

20 minutes ago, benali said:

I thought Amyl and The Sniffers felt like more of an indoor band when I saw them on Friday night at the Hella Mega show at London Stadium. There's some good melodies there but being first up with an inconsistent stadium sound system did them few favours.

Seems like a recurring thing. Other time I've seen them was before The Strokes at APE 2019 at that one with infamously shit sound.

Edited by charlierc

Well Macca was probably as lacklustre as an 80 year old former Beatle playing some of the hits mixed in with recent stuff, joined by two huge guests could be… which is far from the worst Pyramid headliner they could/have had. It was the last time he’ll do that, among the last of his generation to do it. Sure it was probably closer to Springsteen 2009 than Bowie 2000 but if people didn’t enjoy it it’s very easy to go elsewhere/switch channels.

People can be as cynical as they want about Hey Jude… but watching that on TV, that many people, back in that field, singing together as one, a significant chunk of the nation joining in at home, after what we have all been through? Epic. I cried, a lot.

8 hours ago, Gashead86 said:

Didn’t Radiohead drop Exit music for a film amongst one or two other massive tracks into the first 3 or 4 songs of their set back in 2017? I was there and I am sure they did! 
Mind you, my wife and everyone else I was at the festival with all went to see Dizzy and they all said it was phenomenal as well! So maybe you made the right call for you anyway? 
But ye, my memory is telling me RH went pretty big pretty quick in 17..?

I’ve debated (argued) this quite a lot with my wife. I think it largely depends how in to them you are. To me it was a great set list with great songs from across their albums and some album tracks from their iconic albums I haven’t heard in a while. To her it was boring with too few of the huge hits from the biggest albums early on to keep interest.

When they play Creep I shrug a bit (not even my first choice off Pablo) but others are standing waiting for it. For the Cure the roles are reversed - I just want a 60ish minute wall to wall greatest hits but most acts don’t do that.

12 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I thought Amyl and The Sniffers felt like more of an indoor band when I saw them on Friday night at the Hella Mega show at London Stadium. There's some good melodies there but being first up with an inconsistent stadium sound system did them few favours.

Seems like a recurring thing. Other time I've seen them was before The Strokes at APE 2019 at that one with infamously shit sound.

I've only seen them at EOTR in the Big Top tent in 2018 and they absolutely slayed it.

Will be interesting to see how they do today and what reaction they get.