BBC Coverage 2022

Cooter

41 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

That drummer really is something else isn't he?

Probably one of the best in the world. Last time I saw them I spent most of the gig just watching him.

He's also a lovely guy, spent a fair bit of time chatting to our kids at Green Man last year.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, benali said:

Amazing stuff from black midi and the best the crowd can manage is 7 people vaguely jumping up and down to John L. 

Where's the mosh pit? They normally have pretty big ones. Weird crowd.

I absolutely love them, but I can understand the crowd indifference - for some reason I always struggle on the Saturday afternoon at Glastonbury. After 3 nights on the piss - legs & back aching, head banging, it's always my worst 2 or 3 hours. Then, by Saturday evening, I always get my second wind & I'm good to go again. During that 2 or 3 hours I need to find something mellow so I can sit on the grass & let the music wash over me - Black Midi ain't that!

1 minute ago, TapeRecorder said:

Couldn't disagree any more but each to their own😝

It's always about personal choice 😉 I think it's just the beats aren't my deal. I've tried to get into her before this years fest started, but it's like Kendrick, I just can't get into him either, and I absolutely love hip hop. I don't understand what's blocking me from liking them.

13 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I’m hanging about waiting for Beabadoobee and it’s really good. Hefty crowd out the back also. 

She's so fucking great. The dancers too. Saw her in a tiny venue around the album launch and it's amazing to see the show translated to a bigger stage. Loving every second.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

She's so fucking great. The dancers too. Saw her in a tiny venue around the album launch and it's amazing to see the show translated to a bigger stage. Loving every second.

Sorry, singers and dancers I should say! This album has got me through some shit times this past year too and it's all come spilling out. Imagine if I was there. Carnage.

30 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Crying at Self Esteem what the fuck is wrong with me

You ok Zoo Music Girl? 🙂 

I need to watch this next! A cathartic cry fest is always amazing.

Watching Metronomy - the crowd looks good, the weather looks good, oh how I wish I was in that field.

I'd been at the Hella Mega show at London Stadium last night so didn't watch live. Can't seem to see Foals or St Vincent yet though, which is a shame as that's two I wanted to watch.

Wolf Alice's set was decent but I thought I'd give Phoebe Bridgers a go and it was really fucking good.

LOVED Self Esteem. To go with Joy Crookes and Gabriels that’s three sets out of three that I’ve streamed in full so far today which have been brilliant. Bit of a break now then Haim and Olivia Rodrigo are up next on my schedule, no pressure ladies 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

3 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I'd been at the Hella Mega show at London Stadium last night so didn't watch live. Can't seem to see Foals or St Vincent yet though, which is a shame as that's two I wanted to watch.

Wolf Alice's set was decent but I thought I'd give Phoebe Bridgers a go and it was really fucking good.

I also couldn't find the Foals to watch so I'm glad it's not just me.