The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

image.png.c799e35f203aa5e138953eebb7c262dd.png

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Ole GIF - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Ole Angry - Discover &  Share GIFs

Thanks @The Nal for bringing a bit of humour into what is sometimes a serious thread...

I think it's the gifs that get me mostly, and imagining that some people genuinely react like that when they see these charts.  🙈😂

Edited by Alvoram

3 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Really hoping those temperatures don't reach 25.

Currently parked up for the night nearby, it's 23° and it's brutal. Do not fancy doing Glastonbury in this heat

I never know if these are wind ups now, 23c isn't unbearable to anyone surely.

2 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

23c in the UK is very hot, I've already mentioned this before earlier in the thread but I think people really struggle with "23° in a nice air conditioned building" vs. "23° in direct sunlight, high humidity and low wind while walking around all day"

I'm sure if it's 25° everyone will be running around the festival loving life and not huddling in tents, under trees etc. /s

Edited by BBC7BBCHEAVEN

2 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

A lot of people suffer more when humidity is higher, 23 can feel like 35. With all this moisture around at the minute I can confirm, it's bloody horrendous here, and it's only 23c

6 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

When the forecast says 23, that's 23 in the shade. Dancing in a field in direct sun is going to be a lot warmer.

During 1 of the warm spells last year, it got to about 30° where I live. Out of curiosity I put a thermometer in the garden in the sun, it got up to 49.9 then the screen went black and I had to take it back inside to cool down.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

A lot of people suffer more when humidity is higher, 23 can feel like 35. With all this moisture around at the minute I can confirm, it's bloody horrendous here, and it's only 23c

23 is 23 in the shade though and, as we know, there is no shade on site

14 minutes ago, Simsy said:

When the forecast says 23, that's 23 in the shade. Dancing in a field in direct sun is going to be a lot warmer.

During 1 of the warm spells last year, it got to about 30° where I live. Out of curiosity I put a thermometer in the garden in the sun, it got up to 49.9 then the screen went black and I had to take it back inside to cool down.

Sounds like it was broken?