The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

14 minutes ago, richy24 said:

The bods on the netweather forum seem to be suggesting that the GFS model is the outlier in forecasting unsettled weather. The other models going for more of a settled/hot outlook.

you mean there is another forum ? must be made up of amateurs compared with those on here ?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

Did we??? I thought it topped out at 31?

I was hidden in the dark coolness of the Acoustic though so I dont know for sure... 

Other is always a hot field when its sunny. Fair weather whilwinds are common there.

For comparison, in 95, also considered a hot year, temps were in the high 20's. The world has moved on...

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

you mean there is another forum ? must be made up of amateurs compared with those on here ?

I don’t understand 90% of what they are talking about, but it’s oddly addictive. They also have an unhealthy obsession with thunderstorms.

https://community.netweather.tv/topic/98519-model-output-discussion-15th-march-onwards/page/87/

16 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Other is always a hot field when its sunny. Fair weather whilwinds are common there.

For comparison, in 95, also considered a hot year, temps were in the high 20's. The world has moved on...

It was hot in 95 I thought. I was litter picking after the festival for a week too and I literally didn’t see a single cloud the entire time I was there. 

7 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

It was hot in 95 I thought. I was litter picking after the festival for a week too and I literally didn’t see a single cloud the entire time I was there. 

I've been trying to work out what year it was when I did the post festival litter pick. It was either 94 or 95. I do remember it being hot. I was there until late August, we did all the streams, ditches, woodlands etc. I can't remember it raining at all.

8 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I've been trying to work out what year it was when I did the post festival litter pick. It was either 94 or 95. I do remember it being hot. I was there until late August, we did all the streams, ditches, woodlands etc. I can't remember it raining at all.

Until August? Hardcore! I did the Other (NME) stage in 94 then all over in 95. Found ALL SORTS! As I bet you did! 

4 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

Until August? Hardcore! I did the Other (NME) stage in 94 then all over in 95. Found ALL SORTS! As I bet you did! 

Surprisingly we didn't find much of interest, except loads of fake drugs.

Mind you we weren't doing the fields.

18 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Surprisingly we didn't find much of interest, except loads of fake drugs.

Mind you we weren't doing the fields.

I found money and lots of World Cup acid tabs. Also a sealed slab of Pepsi. And done very disturbing stuff in a few abandoned tents…….someone I kid you not,found an abandoned sit on bucket seat tractor. It worked. They drove off on it. 

9 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

How can GFS be outlier when it’s only one that goes as far as gates open? Unless that’s what makes it an outlier 

The GFS model doesn’t deal with the current kind of set up as well as other models and the other models aren’t in agreement with it apparently so it’s an outlier. 

4 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s been a good run of festivals weather wise so was bound to break at some point. Plus the current heatwave was bound to crash back to reality as well. 

Time to waterproof my electrics in my hat. 

Current heatwave?! Had two nice days in the last three weeks here. Was 10C on Tuesday, people had their winter coats on!