Reggae at Glastonbury

Gossy

26 minutes ago, Perks said:

Eva Lazarus is playing, few sets i think, great voice, done some collabs with Mungos hifi, i'll be trying to catch her for sure

yeah she's on my list  - glade Friday afternoon I think - before or after dub pistols!

1 hour ago, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

Dubkasm and Channel One on the Firmly Rooted stage (whatever that is - from the name it would suggest full on roots & culture but as far as i can see aside from a handful its just yet another stage of dance stuff).

My thoughts exactly!

1 hour ago, OverlyComplicated said:

Sunday night on the Totem, Reggae Roast followed by the Greensleeves Records thing, then Mista Savona weirdly listed as Jake Savona and I'm not entirely sure who Katalyst are as there are a few acts who use that name but one of them is reggae and given the vibe of the evening I'm guessing it's them. Post headliner reggae til 2 am.

is Brother Culture still with Reggae Roast do you know?

I'm glad someone started this thread, I was thinking the same. I had hoped I'd spotted the obvious on the line up, but knew there would be some more acts out there to catch.

To what others have suggested I'd also add 'Gentleman's Dub Club' and, if you are into Ska, 'Chainska Brassika'.

Keep the recommendations coming!

Not all necessarily reggae, but at least in a similar musical ballpark:

If you fancy late night British ska you've got Guns of Navarone and The Trojans both in the Rocket Lounge on Thursday night.

Beatles Dub Club are doing a few sets, but that's DJ sets rather than a live band.

Dub Pistols if you like your reggae mixed in with ska, jungle, ragga and D&B.

Andrew4 has already picked up on Chainska and Gentlemen's Dub Club, both great fun live.

Mad Professor is doing a Lee Scratch Perry dub set in the Glade on Sunday.

5 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

Question re: Ziggy Marley - looking at his setlists he only seems to do Bob Marley covers, despite having an extensive back catalogue of his own. Am I missing something?

Think his recent tour was a tribute show, last time I saw him. Beautiful Days, he did mainly his own stuff with a couple of Bob Marley tunes. Either way, I'll be there!

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

Think his recent tour was a tribute show, last time I saw him. Beautiful Days, he did mainly his own stuff with a couple of Bob Marley tunes. Either way, I'll be there!

That might explain it! Thanks. I really liked some of his own stuff (never listened before), so think a mix would be great.