Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

On 5/27/2023 at 2:27 PM, Drums Please Fab said:

TWOD are one of my favourite bands. Will be seeing them 4 times this years , after twice last year. 

I love an oat milk latte and a bit of Bon Iver as much as the next guy but I think the train has overshot the station....

I don't want to single out any poster (it was same last year) but some times I see things like the following:

"oh neon toaster are clashing with intergalactic suitcase wheels" . Such a shame they are both a must see. So I YouTube both bands and they have no subscribers, paltry view counts and the music is absolutely dreadful.

If you were "must see" you'd be on after 8pm at least. Not on the Ribena stage at 1830.

Sometimes I get a vibe that people are deliberately anti-mainstream. They wear it as a badge of honour. It's performative. 

They look down on the folks who go to Blur while they listen to some Swedish lad banging milk bottles and bin lids to a crowd of 11 people. 

This is a strange take for someone on the forum for Primavera, a festival well known for having expansive programming and not afraid of having challenging music on the line up. It's not really surprising that a music festival like that, aimed at people really into music, might have people really into the music, non?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Has there been anything more said about the Amazon stream of the festival? Was mentioned a few weeks ago but I don't think I've seen any details since. 

I won't be there this time but would like to check in on a few bits! 

https://www.primaverasound.com/en/news/front-row--amazon-music-streaming-brings-primavera-sound-to-screens-around-the-world

On 5/27/2023 at 2:27 PM, Drums Please Fab said:

TWOD are one of my favourite bands. Will be seeing them 4 times this years , after twice last year. 

I love an oat milk latte and a bit of Bon Iver as much as the next guy but I think the train has overshot the station....

I don't want to single out any poster (it was same last year) but some times I see things like the following:

"oh neon toaster are clashing with intergalactic suitcase wheels" . Such a shame they are both a must see. So I YouTube both bands and they have no subscribers, paltry view counts and the music is absolutely dreadful.

If you were "must see" you'd be on after 8pm at least. Not on the Ribena stage at 1830.

Sometimes I get a vibe that people are deliberately anti-mainstream. They wear it as a badge of honour. It's performative. 

They look down on the folks who go to Blur while they listen to some Swedish lad banging milk bottles and bin lids to a crowd of 11 people. 

Well thank the lord you ain't one of the festival bookers.

3 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

It's officially Primavera week! How're people feeling? Heading to shows tonight? Nervous tummies? Still unsure? Travel going well? I'm feeling giiddddyyyyyy.

Gotta make the journey to my folks to spend the night before I can make the journey to the airport tomorrow. Nervous that I’ve packed everything I need and that flights will be fine and that hotel doesn’t just randomly cancel and that friends don’t flake and that perfume don’t cancel last minute and that weather isn’t terrible. But once I’m at the BCNR show tomorrow all stress will be off my shoulders and I’ll be ready to enjoy!

12 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

It's officially Primavera week! How're people feeling? Heading to shows tonight? Nervous tummies? Still unsure? Travel going well? I'm feeling giiddddyyyyyy.

In Bcn already, two shows booked for tonight 💫 can't believe it's real!

Btw, Apolo 2 is in the same place as the main room, right? Didn't get a chance to go there last year

25 minutes ago, Gregorick said:

Gotta make the journey to my folks to spend the night before I can make the journey to the airport tomorrow. Nervous that I’ve packed everything I need and that flights will be fine and that hotel doesn’t just randomly cancel and that friends don’t flake and that perfume don’t cancel last minute and that weather isn’t terrible. But once I’m at the BCNR show tomorrow all stress will be off my shoulders and I’ll be ready to enjoy!

Oh yes totally feel all of this.

I've got big fear of certain acts cancelling but trying to just think positive. I'm very lucky I live down the road so less to prep but already thinking about queueing for Auditori and getting good spots in the crowds and avoiding overcrowding at main stages. Jut want it to feel like Primavera 2019.

37 minutes ago, aaalive said:

In Bcn already, two shows booked for tonight 💫 can't believe it's real!

Btw, Apolo 2 is in the same place as the main room, right? Didn't get a chance to go there last year

Welcome to town friend! 

Apolo 2 is just downstairs from Apolo main room yessss. I imagine they will have blocked out the stairs due to the separate tickets. I assume you'll need to go outside and queue again.

FWIW, normally Apolo Room 2 entry is probably through the main entrance underneath the huge LED sign that faces Parallel. To get into the main room you'll normally queue just to the right of that on Nou De La Rambla through some more old fashioned doors. 

I've also been plenty of times and these are swapped so best to ask security. Primavera's forethought to create signs is non-existent.

59 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Traveling to BCN today, checking my clashfinder for the millionth time and still not being able to completely believe that Thursday's line-up is real. Thursday is on a good way to become my favourite Primavera day ever.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Should we expect any surprises at the festival? Like in therms of secret bookings, or artists brining other artists.

Not this year really it seems - there are no gaps in the schedule and no space to put them.

Hoping for a couple of good last minute replacements at least. 

Edited by xxialac

Checked into the hotel. Bloody knackered, on the go since half two. Will have a power nap and watch Succession before Black MIDI tonight.

Also forget my electric razor. So any tips of places to get a beard trim in a couple days time; please recommend!

• Upvote 1

Enjoy folks. I'm enjoying a day off today but tomorrow (and the rest of the week) I'll be sitting in a stuffy office regretting my decision not to go for tickets. 😂

It was probably the right all from a personal perspective, but I sure have a dose of FOMO right now. I'll sadly listened to a Primavera Sound 2023 playlist I've got going here for the week and ultimately conclude the line up is better than I gave it credit for, and buy early bird 2024 tix to soothe the pain. 

As ever, this forum is a mostly nice place to chat about music which is a rare thing on the Internet. So even though I'm not going, I've enjoyed it and will look forward to the reviews before we all get excited for Radiohead/ Frank Ocean/ Prince 2024. 😎

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

What time do you reckon we need to head to the venues tonight? Seeing enumclaw and black midi at razz, reckon I need to get there for before 8 when the first act is on? Or as I’ve reserved a ticket it should be fine whenever? Happy to see the first act as well, just wondering in case I’m late on it 

1 minute ago, gmr1g15 said:

What time do you reckon we need to head to the venues tonight? Seeing enumclaw and black midi at razz, reckon I need to get there for before 8 when the first act is on? Or as I’ve reserved a ticket it should be fine whenever? Happy to see the first act as well, just wondering in case I’m late on it 

Yes, I believe you should be able to enter the venue any time if you have a ticket. Otherwise, why would they sell tickets? I personally am going there after Apolo 2 show

• Like 1