Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

4 hours ago, Fabrizzo said:

I'm really amazed by your enthusiasm for Fred Again and Skrillex but it means that Primavera has guessed the right lineup once again🤷🏻‍♂️

Well, yes, I think so. After 40 days or so after the line-up release I actually understand how Skrillex or Halsey are in line with the Primavera "brand". The only name I really don't get is Calvin Harris. Even today it seems as misplaced as the day they released the line-up.

5 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

Interesting how underwhelmed I was when this line up came out but still seems the best value festival in Europe in terms of depth. 

I think that Primavera has a monopoly in terms of festival depth. I don't think any festival was expected to come close. In my opinion Green Man, etc are not big enough to compete, although for those who love camping and local UK bands, it is easy to see why it might be a better option.

I'm trying to be neutral, because my "real" opinion on the best festival is usually based on where the 2-3 bands I want to see are playing.

2 hours ago, DDave said:

Bonnaroo also just dropped. 

20230110_160129.jpg

I'm surprised at how few names I recognise on there. I knew I wasn't very up to speed with new music but I didnt think I was this out of the loop. 

Gotta stress I'm not saying that with any pride or bragging like you often see online - the dreaded "nEvEr hEaRd of ANY OF THEM" posts on social media. I'm just surprised!! 

I mean. Who is 'Kendrick Lamar'? 

Okay that was obviously a (bad) joke. 

4 hours ago, pipan said:

Well, yes, I think so. After 40 days or so after the line-up release I actually understand how Skrillex or Halsey are in line with the Primavera "brand". The only name I really don't get is Calvin Harris. Even today it seems as misplaced as the day they released the line-up.

I agree, it seems to be the only festival where he is headlining, very strange

13 hours ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Jai Paul! 

JAI PAUL!! 

Id have thought that would get a reaction. Hopefully not just a one off. 

His first ever liveshow? Thats pretty big for them. 22y old me would have booked a ticket to LA on the spot. Hopefully he doesnt suck, that would ruin the mystique built up over 10 years...

Edited by pne094