Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

On 12/10/2022 at 5:50 PM, Whos3000_ said:

Any suggestions for the Thursday ? I still find it the weakest of the days despite Blur. I am looking forward to turnstile, pusha t, blackhaine, emeralds, hud mo, Alex g. I like what I heard from la tigre and nxworries but I don’t know if they are going to be must-see of mine. Not very interested in darkside (should I?), I don’t know much about ghost, I have already seen Boris and amenra (in a great double-bill, both recommended). BCNR? If it’s the same show I’ll skip them 

Brutalismus 3000 should be (late night, presumably) fun

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Playing Barcelona only, anyone knows which day? and if they're on the main festival or ciudad show?

They are playing Barcelona on Tuesday and actually they are on the line-up since its release. Before the festival starts, I'm planning to give them proper attention. There is a big chance they will be part of my Tuesday program (hopefully, at the same venue as PUP).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pipan said:

They are playing Barcelona on Tuesday and actually they are on the line-up since its release. Before the festival starts, I'm planning to give them proper attention. There is a big chance they will be part of my Tuesday program (hopefully, at the same venue as PUP).

They weren't on the cartel, they announced it yesterday on social media

3 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

They weren't on the cartel, they announced it yesterday on social media

They really were on the "ciutat" poster since the release of the line-up. I remember being excited because I had no idea about this new Coxon's project.

I have no screenshot or evidence to prove it, but I downloaded their songs from Youtube at the beginning of December and the only reason was that I knew they were going to play at Primavera. And I had to read it in official information, I'm definitely no insider. 🙂

13 minutes ago, pipan said:

They really were on the "ciutat" poster since the release of the line-up. I remember being excited because I had no idea about this new Coxon's project.

I have no screenshot or evidence to prove it, but I downloaded their songs from Youtube at the beginning of December and the only reason was that I knew they were going to play at Primavera. And I had to read it in official information, I'm definitely no insider. 🙂

Ok, I had heard a song on BBC6 a while ago and I immediately liked it, I'm happy that they play

I can't go to Primavera this year due to other commitments, but I have been lucky enough to have attended seven Primaveras in Barcelona (including both weekends this year). I have to say, the Porto edition seems much more appealing and in line with what I want from Primavera in 2023. Smaller, still great acts, seems more consistent in terms of bookings and also €150 cheaper. 

Was not bothered about missing out on Barcelona in 2023, feel a bit gutted I cannot do Porto to be honest! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Apparently the 150€ price gap to Porto really went to Acts like Calvin Harris, Maneskin, Skrillex, Ghost and Depeche Mode. 

This is not at all what I want from PS. 

I know there are other extras in BCN vs Porto, but when you boil it down to that, it doesn't look great... 

I won't do either next year, I don't think. Porto looks more manageable if I change my mind though. A lot cheaper and smaller crowds appeals to me too. 

Hopefully I'll be back in 2024. 

Feeling a bit silly for booking my flights (for BCN) already instead of waiting and going to Porto instead. Oh well.

On another note, I've been listening to Ghost more and i'm getting quite excited to see them. Reckon they'll be in mordor? They seem like a pretty big name, playing arenas all over the world