Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

2 hours ago, Enkidu said:

This is bad news for me! 

I'm doing this trip on a budget and my plan was to get a cheap resale ticket closer to the time. I'm arriving on the monday so really want to do the ciutat gigs, but now I'm worried my plans have all fallen apart. Fuck.

Ah sorry that is a shame.

However, I am confident, as others have said, that people will reserve tickets and not show up. Queuing will still happen. I imagine they'll do 50% reserved, 50% queue or something like that. I'm sure you'll be fine.

And yeah as for the Wednesday concert I could see them using Mordor. Those Wednesday shows have never been too busy anyway but Pet Shop Boys are huge so we'll see.

4 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

I just listened to the song “closer” with Halsey and the Chainsmokers.

you’re joking right ? 

This is garbage .

where are all the guitar bands?

Listen to her latest album produced by trent reznor of nine inch nails.  It's by far her best work. 

2 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

Listen to her latest album produced by trent reznor of nine inch nails.  It's by far her best work. 

maybe she will double down with another one in the same vein? that one was released in 2021

Anyone got some interesting info from that conversation that was supposed to be held after the line up release? 

9 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

I just listened to the song “closer” with Halsey and the Chainsmokers.

you’re joking right ? 

This is garbage .

where are all the guitar bands?

1. She doesnt play that song in her live shows 

2. Here is your guitar band

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qU1ielGah5o 

Edited by EV123
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Gnarler said:

And yeah as for the Wednesday concert I could see them using Mordor. Those Wednesday shows have never been too busy anyway but Pet Shop Boys are huge so we'll see.

Not sure about that. I seem to remember one a few years back that got pretty mobbed. Belle and Sebastian maybe?

12 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Im a paying punter of many a year. Early bird this year.

Last years lineup was great in my opinion.

This years is shite in my opinion.

Im entitled to the opinion. Ive ponied up my hard earned shekels.

I think the issue is that you're presenting your opinion as fact. E.g. "this is garbage", "that's woeful". 

I have no interest in Halsey but I understand that just because I don't like something, doesn't mean it's objectively poor. Also there's plenty of guitar bands and older stuff if that's what you're into. Someone else here listed a good few.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Gregorick said:

HERE>>>  Unwound, Swans, Shellac, Turnstile, Amenra, Boris, Built to Spill, Beak>, Off!, Karate, Soul Glo, Blur, Ghost, Bad Religion  <<<HERE

Whilst you can imagine the same fans liking a lot of those bands, its still a tiny pool considering the festival, up until 4 or 5 editions ago, would be made up of 70-80% guitar bands. 

1 minute ago, Festiv Val said:

Whilst you can imagine the same fans liking a lot of those bands, its still a tiny pool considering the festival, up until 4 or 5 editions ago, would be made up of 70-80% guitar bands. 

Yeah, when rock music was more prominent and popular, which it isn't in 2022. People keep asking the same thing of Leeds and Reading festivals and then wondering why it still sells out annually. Rock's in a dip.

Hell, look at PS22, most of the big name guitar bands are well over a decade old. Fontaines DC was about the only contemporary one. 

9 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Yeah, when rock music was more prominent and popular, which it isn't in 2022. People keep asking the same thing of Leeds and Reading festivals and then wondering why it still sells out annually. Rock's in a dip.

Hell, look at PS22, most of the big name guitar bands are well over a decade old. Fontaines DC was about the only contemporary one. 

Actually in 2022 there was a bit of a revival of interest in newer rock bands: Dry Cleaning, Porridge Radio (+Fontaines DC)... Add Wet Leg if you wanna include something leanings more towards pop (and whose success still seems an anomaly given the state of guitar music today)

Just now, BenjoDiMeo said:

Actually in 2022 there was a bit of a revival of interest in newer rock bands: Dry Cleaning, Porridge Radio (+Fontaines DC)... Add Wet Leg if you wanna include something leanings more towards pop (and whose success still seems an anomaly given the state of guitar music today)

Sure, in the under-undercard. There's plenty there too this year, I just think the guy I'm talking about is being a bit woe-is-me about all the hip-hop and dance bulking out this edition.

Blur, Turnstile, BCNR, Off, Yard Act, Bad Religion, The Mars Volta, Swans, Maneskin, The Voidz, Shellac, etc etc. Plenty on there but if you're the kinda guy to ask "where all the guitar bands are" chances are you're not interested in the broad range of genres on offer

2 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Sure, in the under-undercard. There's plenty there too this year, I just think the guy I'm talking about is being a bit woe-is-me about all the hip-hop and dance bulking out this edition.

We're feeling the same. Been going for years, bought our early birds, but festival seems to have taken a hard turn this year away from what it used to be. Not a bad thing, just not a fit for us any longer. We'll offload our tickets and just do something else.

HERE>>>  Black Country New Road, Yard Act, Crack Cloud, Gilla Band, The Mars Volta (M), Maneskin, The Voidz, Unwound, Swans, Shellac, Turnstile, Amenra, Boris, Built to Spill, Beak>, Off!, Karate, Soul Glo, Blur, Ghost, Bad Religion <<<HERE

A fuller list above. Sure there are many others too especially once you look at the Ciutat programme - Black Midi, Goat Girl, Cloud Nothings, Los Bitchos etc

Edited by xxialac

35 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

I think the issue is that you're presenting your opinion as fact. E.g. "this is garbage", "that's woeful". 

I have no interest in Halsey but I understand that just because I don't like something, doesn't mean it's objectively poor. Also there's plenty of guitar bands and older stuff if that's what you're into. Someone else here listed a good few.

I think people are taking me up wrong. Halsey is next in line on the poster to Blur.

Im thinking back to my early evening fare of recent years like Sharon Van Etten, Slowdive, Low , Pavement. 

The guitar bands the other chap listed are all at the bottom of the poster and I genuinely have never heard of any of them, ever. I have seen Shellac mentioned a few times on here to be fair.

All im saying is, if Halsey is the hill people are willing to die on to insinuate the lineup is strong then that in and of itself is indicative of this years standard.

Her prominence on the poster draws legitimate scrutiny.

13 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Blur, Turnstile, BCNR, Off, Yard Act, Bad Religion, The Mars Volta, Swans, Maneskin, The Voidz, Shellac, etc etc. Plenty on there but if you're the kinda guy to ask "where all the guitar bands are" chances are you're not interested in the broad range of genres on offer

Im thinking about bands like Mac DeMarco, Bloc Party, Interpol. I have no issue with Kendrick Lemar or a bit of EDM. In fact I welcome it.

Im just looking at the lineup and im delighted to see Blur for example, but the hour or two in the build up to that are shallow as fuck. There's nothing there. There is no sing along for the crowd. Its all very higgledy piggledy and bitty. A band with two good songs here, another band with a song you recognise from that ad. 

Not much you can hang your hat on though.

4 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

I think people are taking me up wrong. Halsey is next in line on the poster to Blur.

Im thinking back to my early evening fare of recent years like Sharon Van Etten, Slowdive, Low , Pavement. 

The guitar bands the other chap listed are all at the bottom of the poster and I genuinely have never heard of any of them, ever. I have seen Shellac mentioned a few times on here to be fair.

All im saying is, if Halsey is the hill people are willing to die on to insinuate the lineup is strong then that in and of itself is indicative of this years standard.

Unwound, Swans, Turnstile, Amenra, Boris, Built to Spill, Beak>, Off!, Karate, Soul Glo, Ghost, Bad Religion

You've never even heard of any of these bands???

Just now, xxialac said:

Unwound, Swans, Turnstile, Amenra, Boris, Built to Spill, Beak>, Off!, Karate, Soul Glo, Ghost, Bad Religion

You've never even heard of any of these bands???

Honestly......Only bad religion. And im being deadly serious. Im not on a wind up.

I have only heard the name bad religion. I could not name a song or hum a tune.

2 hours ago, daveje said:

Not sure about that. I seem to remember one a few years back that got pretty mobbed. Belle and Sebastian maybe?

Yeah that's fair actually. Was that 2018? I can't really remember. But yes I do remember hearing about how rammed that was. I didn't go to that one so probably why it skipped my memory. 

5 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Mate, Jorja Smith was on the next line as Nick Cave this year. She had ONE album in 2018, Halsey's had 4 in the last 7 years. She's a good booking but ultimately it means very little.

If you've somehow never even heard of bands like Swans or The Mars Volta I think your issue might be you just need to go listen to more music in your niche. Go listen to Glow On by Turnstile, it's one of the top albums of last year and a fantastic booking for PS23.

1 hour ago, DDave said:

I am not a woman I'm a god (Hot Chip remix) is a banger. 

Yeah Hot chip are a band im missing. 

LCD Soundsystem.  Caribou . Milky chance. Something to tap your feet to. 

Most of the bands this year remind me of Elon Musk's ex missus. 

People are throwing names out there. But I can't see them energising a big crowd. 

It looks insipid.

Even Depeche Mode are a bucket list band for me, but they should be a cherry on the cake. Not the cake.

There will be a sizeable amount of people standing around waiting for them to play enjoy the silence.