Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

I'm really hoping we get the return of artists who had to cancel in 21/22 - Sudan Archives, Madlib (& Freddie Gibbs?), Jessica Pratt, Turnstile, Sparks, Arthur Verocai & Japanese Breakfast.

Headliners - Frank Ocean, Portishead, Kendrick, Pet Shop Boys, New Order.

Too much to ask for quintessential Primavera bands that don't tour outside the US like Ween & The Feelies?

Would love some new & repeats like Fever Ray, Open Mike Eagle, Gilla Band, Deerhoof, Chat Pile, Alex G, Kevin Morby, Party Dozen, US Girls, Devo, Converge, Snail Mail, Helado Negro, Alvvays, The Delgados & Broken Social Scene.

Bring on Tuesday!!

41 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I would say they're possible. 

One more possible con is that they're heavily rumoured on the Glastonbury forum to be in Ireland (and I think the UK?) in August, so that might suggest a tour later in the summer. 

But they're pretty unpredictable when it comes to touring patterns - there's not many acts who do multiple residencies in single cities for instance, so I dunno. 

I wonder would they be ticking the same box as blur, pulp and Depeche Mode though? Legacy ish, reunion ish. I'd like them there, but if the lineup was topped with Depeche Mode, blur, pulp, lcd soundsystem and one or two pop acts, its a little low on variety IMO. 

Today we have: Depeche Mode with a new album, Pulp only reunion. I bet Blur is only reunion too. About James and Co, Last time he did a long statement about reunion and a new album before. Let's wait Tuesday and fingers crossed for good news.

7 minutes ago, livenstu said:

I'm really hoping we get the return of artists who had to cancel in 21/22 - Sudan Archives, Madlib (& Freddie Gibbs?), Jessica Pratt, Turnstile, Sparks, Arthur Verocai & Japanese Breakfast.

Headliners - Frank Ocean, Portishead, Kendrick, Pet Shop Boys, New Order.

Too much to ask for quintessential Primavera bands that don't tour outside the US like Ween & The Feelies?

Would love some new & repeats like Fever Ray, Open Mike Eagle, Gilla Band, Deerhoof, Chat Pile, Alex G, Kevin Morby, Party Dozen, US Girls, Devo, Converge, Snail Mail, Helado Negro, Alvvays, The Delgados & Broken Social Scene.

Bring on Tuesday!!

Turnstile live is amazing! I hope they back too. They're in my top list from that cancelations, with Sparks and Bikini Kill. 

During Buenos Aires Primavera, Geoff Barrow took some pictures in a city pub with a P stylized as a band logo... who knows?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Whats your take on Kraftwerk? They have only two shows on, early July in Jeneve and Firenze, surely they'll have more

Kraftwerk is one of the names that always comes up for the "legend" slots, but they haven't been booked by gabi even if they have been around almost every year with extensive touring. I would say they are very unlikely.

50 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

Kraftwerk is one of the names that always comes up for the "legend" slots, but they haven't been booked by gabi even if they have been around almost every year with extensive touring. I would say they are very unlikely.

As a fan, I can say that Kraftwerk are not that popular with the younger crowds. Yes, they've played Coachella 15 years ago when they were rare, and most large festivals since then, but many of us have already seen them and the setlist is the same. I doubt they would be a big seller. Their 3D shows also make it a bit difficult to organise; I would say they are better suited for smaller events where they are the obvious headliner.

Edited by emmanuel
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, YunT said:

Will you appear here on Tuesday? 

So far you've thrown in some very predictable names that I could have guessed (TWOD are in Europe near primavera so it's hardly a shocker they're there), so people doubting your insider info are valid at this point. Not saying you're wrong but you've always got to have a bit of skepticism when someone comes on here claiming to be in the know.

Edited by scatteredscreens

3 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

So far you've thrown in some very predictable names that I could have guessed (TWOD are in Europe near primavera so it's hardly a shocker they're there), so people doubting your insider info are valid at this point. Not saying you're wrong but you've always got to have a bit of skepticism when someone comes on here claiming to be in the know.

I have tried to tell you as many names as possible.

When I could, I also told you that the lineup would come out with a video of their partner. There might be some things that make you doubt, but I'm not that kind of user to make things up. 

It is true that I was told that Frank Ocean would be in 2022. But in both PS and BBK Live I usually find out about names and other stuff and I tend to post it.

1 minute ago, Createur said:

Of course I am, it's my adult Christmas Day every year.

They are highly unlikely for Primavera Madrid, though. Playing 8th + 9th in Scandinavia.

Yes, 8 and 9 in Scandinavia and 12 in Poland. They could 10 in Madrid, because they do 3 dates in a row. But, 3 days in a row with flights is a very hard situation for a tour. Caught a Airport strike once in Spain in June and they lost my bag for 4 days. Imagine a band gear...

14 minutes ago, YunT said:

When I could, I also told you that the lineup would come out with a video of their partner. There might be some things that make you doubt, but I'm not that kind of user to make things up. 

It is true that I was told that Frank Ocean would be in 2022. But in both PS and BBK Live I usually find out about names and other stuff and I tend to post it.

I get that. Like I said, I'm not saying you're wrong, just you've picked some easy names to guess. We'll see Tuesday haha.

1 hour ago, YunT said:

In 2 days we'll know everything, that's the important thing,😉😉