Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

11 minutes ago, JIMBO666 said:

Soul Glo are playing Download in the UK same weekend as the Madrid version.

Only act from this lot that i could potentially see playing Primavera

Download-Admat-900x1273.jpg

Yeah, not a festival that’s had names in common in the past.

Best Kept Secret probably the most overlap these days. Last time near full poster came out on 25 November.

1 hour ago, Matt1976 said:

Now my other summer plans haven't materialised, I'm considering going back next year to Barcelona.

Just booked my hotel in preparation, as it was a pain to sort out last time (this year was my first time, and purchased it via the Dice resale).

As it will be my first time purchasing the ticket direct, how soon do they tend to sell out?

I'm guessing a lot of people will be waiting for further guest announcements. 

Thanking in advance 

Don't think the tickets have flown out this year so far (there was an initial sale, and then a 'limited time sale' when Depeche Mode were announced that's.. still happening).

Tickets probably will shift more when the lineup gets announced but I doubt it'll be at the same rate as last time (a lot of the international contingent will be priced out for next edition). Generally with this festival it's just not worth stressing about - if they sell out there's now always hundreds on resale nearer the time. Just make sure your hotel's sorted and you'll be good.

7 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Don't think the tickets have flown out this year so far (there was an initial sale, and then a 'limited time sale' when Depeche Mode were announced that's.. still happening).

Tickets probably will shift more when the lineup gets announced but I doubt it'll be at the same rate as last time (a lot of the international contingent will be priced out for next edition). Generally with this festival it's just not worth stressing about - if they sell out there's now always hundreds on resale nearer the time. Just make sure your hotel's sorted and you'll be good.

Counterpoint to this is that last year there were 2 editions at the Forum and it still sold out. 

Now they only have to sell 50% of the number of tickets for Barcelona. 

Some, myself included, thought the massive price rise for Glastonbury would damage sales and yet that sold out instantly.

Imagine it will be an amazing lineup and sell out quickly.

9 hours ago, JIMBO666 said:

Soul Glo are playing Download in the UK same weekend as the Madrid version.

Only act from this lot that i could potentially see playing Primavera

Download-Admat-900x1273.jpg

Potentially Touché Amore too? Agreed not much else jumps off the download lineup screaming PS

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 8:47 AM, Guy Incognito said:

Back in the for this since I missed out on Glastonbury tickets. 

Think I'm in the exact same boat, wanted to go for years and the dates fall quite well next year so bar a complete car crash of a line up I think we'll be going.

I'm assuming the line up should be out this side of Christmas? All seem to be announcing now, difficult to predict headliners for me, most I would put in the 'Primavera bracket' were there this year!

Hmm could be but they're playing a festival in Oslo on the 8th (Thursday for Madrid) and they go from East to West. Add Best Kept Secret to that weekend and it's just one day left for them to play Madrid with a route from Finland to Netherland to Madrid and coming back to Poland. They didn't play Primavera with the last album but the touring schedule seems a bit of a strecht.

6 minutes ago, DDave said:

https://petergabriel.com/news/i-o-the-tour-announced/

Maybe it is more than a rumour. No Spanish date either, would mean 4 gigs in a row though if he was to play both Barcelona and Madrid

Is it just me that finds the idea of Peter Gabriel at Primavera very unbelievable? Really doesn't seem like a fit to me.

19 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Cheers for the response and appreciate your view. 
Yeah, I’ve got my hotel booked (free cancellation) in preparation. Apart from Glastonbury, I’m not a fan of buying a festival ticket blind. DM are great live, but need to see a few more and want to get my finance balances right before pressing the ‘buy’ button. 
I don’t mind grabbing one in a resale, if finances work better around that time. 

thanks for the insight. 

8 hours ago, AAlex said:

Think I'm in the exact same boat, wanted to go for years and the dates fall quite well next year so bar a complete car crash of a line up I think we'll be going.

I'm assuming the line up should be out this side of Christmas? All seem to be announcing now, difficult to predict headliners for me, most I would put in the 'Primavera bracket' were there this year!

I think that's the expectation here - once the South American editions of the Primavera fests are finished, and just ahead of the last payday before Christmas. 

It makes sense, but it has fallen later in the past so don't be totally shocked if it post-Xmas, but it's such a competitive market out there now, it might be wise to steal a march on their rivals. 

13 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I think that's the expectation here - once the South American editions of the Primavera fests are finished, and just ahead of the last payday before Christmas. 

It makes sense, but it has fallen later in the past so don't be totally shocked if it post-Xmas, but it's such a competitive market out there now, it might be wise to steal a march on their rivals. 

It shouldn't be post Christmas as they have recently confirmed it would be released before the end of the year.

• Thanks 1

OK, I'm just thinking aloud here so please don't tear me apart, but, if Primavera had secured a fairly major and exclusive-ish big name, (and I am thinking the Bad Rabbit here); wouldn't they be better off holding off announcing anything until after Christmas? Knowing that they could pretty much sell out both Madrid and Barcelona whenever they felt like it. Like I say, just out loud thinking. (Don't know if he is planning to tour in Europe next year but would not be too surprised).

Edited by Valbork
bad grammar

23 minutes ago, Valbork said:

OK, I'm just thinking aloud here so please don't tear me apart, but, if Primavera had secured a fairly major and exclusive-ish big name, (and I am thinking the Bad Rabbit here); wouldn't they be better off holding off announcing anything until after Christmas? Knowing that they could pretty much sell out both Madrid and Barcelona whenever they felt like it. Like I say, just out loud thinking. (Don't know if he is planning to tour in Europe next year but would not be too surprised).

You might have a point actually as to correct the last post, I believe they said "probably" before the end of the year and made it sound like it was dependent on an artist tour announcement - presumably a major one.

Thu:
Kendrick Lamar - LCD Soundsystem - Justice
Robyn - Darkside - Suede - Father John Misty
The Walkmen - Four Tet - Fred again..

Fri:
Depeche Mode - Bon Iver - FKA twigs
Phoebe Bridgers - Fever Ray - Death Grips
Hot Chip - Bikini Kill - Fatboy Slim - Peggy Gou

Sat:
Roslaía - Björk - The Chemical Brothers
Mitski - Arca - Angel Olsen - The Mars Volta
Danny Brown - Japanese Breakfast - Yaeji

ChemBros and Peggy are playing a fest in Mallorca but that's such an expensive wishlist lol

Bad Bunny in Spain is Springsteen level and the day he announces the tour he will sell out two stadiums. I could even argue two in Madrid and two in Barcelona so that would make him Coldplay level in terms of tickets. There is absolutely no way he ends up in any festival in Spain, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, thomasmars said:

Thu:
Kendrick Lamar - LCD Soundsystem - Justice
Robyn - Darkside - Suede - Father John Misty
The Walkmen - Four Tet - Fred again..

Fri:
Depeche Mode - Bon Iver - FKA twigs
Phoebe Bridgers - Fever Ray - Death Grips
Hot Chip - Bikini Kill - Fatboy Slim - Peggy Gou

Sat:
Roslaía - Björk - The Chemical Brothers
Mitski - Arca - Angel Olsen - The Mars Volta
Danny Brown - Japanese Breakfast - Yaeji

Huge list. Them finally getting Kendrick again would be perfect though.

14 hours ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Yeah I can't see any logic in waiting post Christmas, unless there's an embargo, given it's one of the earliest dates in the festival calendar anyway.

Would say this is my number 1 pick for next year but given how stacked this years edition was want to at least wait for the headliners, given Tame Impala/Gorillaz/The National/Jorja Smith/Strokes/Tyler won't be returning, I really don't have a clue!

Edited by AAlex