Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

1 minute ago, Martin_89 said:

It's just a theory, so don't take it for 100 %. But I can't really find anything else. I know that Four Tet loves to have many random names, but nothing like this one.

true but he's already listed to play on the Friday but I hear you and will therefore maintain cautious excitement only for now 

6 minutes ago, Etaish said:

true but he's already listed to play on the Friday but I hear you and will therefore maintain cautious excitement only for now 

Another evidence: Two Shell is in the video, just for a frame or two at the end. 

twoshell.JPG

Edited by Martin_89
  • Upvote 1

...before i even start listening to all the undercard stuff I've never heard of, the card is already rammed. 

Thu: Blur, Darkside, NXWorries, Arthur Verocai, BCNR, HudMo, Comet is Coming

Fri: DM, Kendrick, Four Tet, Christine & The Queens, Channel Tres, Daphni, John Talabot, Julia Holter, Gaz Coombes, Upsammy

Sat: FKA Twigs, St. Vincent, John Cale, JPEGMAFIA, Avalon Emerson, Two Shell, Nuria Graham and (fingers crossed), Overmono doing the 3AM honors at the Rayban Stage.

Will be an absolute blast. Haters gonna hate...

Edited by Etaish
Two shell apparently confirmed

1 minute ago, Etaish said:

...before i even start listening to all the undercard stuff I've never heard of, the card is already rammed. 

Thu: Blur, Darkside, NXWorries, Arthur Verocai, BCNR, HudMo, Comet is Coming

Fri: DM, Kendrick, Four Tet, Christine & The Queens, Channel Tres, Daphni, John Talabot, Julia Holter, Gaz Coombes, Upsammy

Sat: FKA Twigs, St. Vincent, John Cale, JPEGMAFIA, Avalon Emerson, Nuria Graham and (fingers crossed), Overmono doing the 3AM honors at the Rayban Stage.

Will be an absolute blast. Haters gonna hate...

disliking something isn't "hating"

18 minutes ago, Etaish said:

The fact that it is between The Voidz and Yung Lean makes me think it is definitely Two Shell as each section is alphabetical.

13 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

On a wholly different note, pull & bear seems to be out, clothing sponsor now is Stone Island. Expect Merch prises to triple. 

Also thats a fit with Calvin Harris

that is..odd. more importantly whos doing the beer!? hopefully authentic madri exceptional 😋

1 minute ago, Orens said:

Only 2 female headliners on this one, so much for New Normal?

There was only 1 in the original 2020 lineup (Lana Del Rey) and none for the 2021 lineup. I'd say as long as they're still booking a balanced lineup overall and having prominent acts who aren't necessarily headliners (Bad Gyal, St. Vincent, FKA twigs etc) then they're doing their job.

9 minutes ago, young_contra said:

disliking something isn't "hating"

sorry mate, didn't mean to offend. i was using the word "hating" in the meme sense (from Urban Dictionary - "A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. Instead of giving acknowledgment in courtesy, a hater often pursues his/her point by exposing a flaw in the target subject..."). Fully respect your disliking of the line up!

Feel like this has been missed:

On 29th, 30th and 31st May and 4th June in Barcelona and on 5th, 6th, 7th and 11th June in Madrid, Pet Shop Boys (who will complete their Primavera Sound weeks by adding two concerts in venues to the welcome days), Loyle Carner, black midi, The Comet is Coming, Black Country, New Road, The Chills, Cloud Nothings, Gilla Band, PUP and Blondshell, among others, will bring Primavera Sound to intimate settings with concerts in different venues in both cities. On the one hand, the Sala Apolo and La (2) de Apolo, Razzmatazz 1 and Razzmatazz 2 and Paral.lel 62; on the other, La Riviera, El Sol, Independance, Shôko, La Paqui and Clamores.

In addition, Arab Strap, Melody's Echo Chamber, Jockstrap, Molchat Doma and Enumclaw in Barcelona and The War On Drugs, St. Vincent, Tokischa, Julia Jacklin and Nation of Language in Madrid will enhance every aspect of Primavera a la Ciutat to ratify the idiosyncrasy of an urban event built up over two decades. We have already said it, but it is worth repeating it: two festivals that are one and in reality, are infinite.

1 hour ago, stereodista said:

Anyone know whether the Emeralds on the line up is that of Mark McGuire? Quite high up so would make sense given their inactivity, but hadn’t heard rumours of a reunion… 

I would assume so yes as there has been a well promoted reissuance of their back catalogue over the last 18 months and members are still active solo if not together.

Agreed though I was surprised to see them so high.

Then again it is 12 years since Kimya Dawson played Primavera in a free park show to 30 people and now Moldy Peaches are on the upper part of the poster 😲

• Upvote 1

The full festival tickets for Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 and Primavera Sound Madrid 2023 give access to the main days which will take place in the Parc del Fòrum and the Ciudad del Rock respectively. They also give the possibility, subject to capacity, of access to the Primavera a la Ciutat concerts and the Brunch -In party. Both programmes will operate with a pre-booking system to avoid waiting times, details of which will be announced soon

.The welcome days will be free and open to the general public until full capacity is reached: it will not be necessary to present a full festival ticket or a Primavera Sound 2023 day-ticket to enjoy the concerts, but they will operate with a pre-booking system, details of which will be announced soon.

Really baffled by people trashing Calvin Harris & Skrillex (it’s not like they’ve booked the Black Eyed Peas!) & somehow not getting hyped by Kendrick, Rosalia, Depeche Mode, Sparks, Pet Shop Boys, Anderson.Paak, Le Tigre, FKA Twigs, Boris, The Delgados, John Cale, Beth Orton, My Morning Jacket, Soul Glo, Gilla Band… as eclectic & far reaching as always!!

…not to mention Turnstile, Japanese Breakfast, Perfume, Sudan Archives & Arthur Verocai(!) all being rebooked.

Very strong lineup for me.

• Upvote 2

Just now, pne094 said:

Oh oh. Didnt this cause a ton of complaints this year? People kind of ignore the ''subject to capacity'' thing. 

It was completely understandable that they complained, it was a shambles. They sold 15% of the capacity for each venue as normal tickets, but then everyone else just had to queue up and hope they get in. Had some friends queing up outside for hours and still got refused entry.