Slam Dunk Festival 2023

2 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

The Hives are supporting AM on their UK tour next year, starting on the 29th May. Surely Slam Dunk have got them? Great live band, were probably better than The Offpsring when I saw them support them!

Seen people suggest The Hives a few times over the years and I've never really got it. I get they kind of suit the festival a tiny but not that much. If Slam Dunk wanted them they would have been booked at least once already as they tour all the time and seem freely available.

2 hours ago, mentalgellar said:

Do Slam Dunk ever rebook bands for the following year? I know The Wonder Years were there this year, but as their new album is out and it's fantastic I was wondering if they'd be booked again.

Been known too, I was quietly hoping so too! Though the fact they did double duty last year might make it seem a bit overkill

Bands that have been rebooked on back to back years are typically ones that play the Ska/Older Punk stage (NOFX, Reel Big Fish, Goldfinger, Zebrahead). For the other stages, I can't recall time it's happened recently. Also The Wonder Years skipped Slam Dunk for NCTH and Sister Cities. I really don't think it's at all likely they'll be back next year. If they're at any festival it'll be 2000trees or Download Festival.

Edited by justanothername

7 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I don't see the point of making ia a somewhat noticeable announcement just for Yellowcard. I'm think possibly Yellowcard, NOFX and NFG.

Yellowcard playing England again will be a huge deal for a chunk of the SD crowd. Next year it will be 7 years since they last set foot here.