Paul Heaton, lovely gesture

Ayrshire Chris

15 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

A grand behind the bar in 60 pubs across the country to celebrate his 60th birthday and thank his fans. In stark contrast to other celebrities such as a couple of stupid wags arguing in court over social media posts. 
would love to see Paul at Glastonbury this year. 

I believe he has confirmed he is playing and yes he does seem to be a thoroughly decent guy. Last year the story about him with the Q staff was so lovely as well. He's one of those who never ever forgets where he came from. 

A grand?! I'd have gone in Britons Protection yesterday if I knew he'd put that much behind. Assumed it'd be about a ton in each. 60 grand on your own birthday! To think I used to scratch my head about people taking a bag of Swizzels to primary school on their birthday.

37 minutes ago, Neil said:

it inc;luded a couple of bristol pubs , good lad 🙂 

Err one wasn't it? 

BTW I'm only showing off that I posted it whilst the pubs were still open 😜

Edited by clarkete

33 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

A grand behind the bar in 60 pubs across the to celebrate his 60th and thank his fans. In to other celebrities such as a couple of stupid wags arguing in court over posts. 

Top bloke, agreed, but come the day I'll be down the front for Wagatha Christie - The Musical!

52 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

A grand behind the bar in 60 pubs across the country to celebrate his 60th birthday and thank his fans. In stark contrast to other celebrities such as a couple of stupid wags arguing in court over social media posts. 

The question is which stage is he going to be on and hopefully no clash, although I think he'd be my first choice in most clashes at the moment.

When I heard about it yesterday I assumed it was a really clever way to market his upcoming/rescheduled gigs with Jacqui... but then any of the news articles I read didn't mention the tour.

All that money and no underlying objective? Wow, what a bloke.

Looking forward to seeing him in Dublin next month with the parents.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Paul and Jacqui opening the other stage would be nice

I'd be happy with that although they played T'Other stage a few years back it wasn't very busy, the festival opener always draws a big crowd though.

From his tweet a week or so ago he suggested a tent so they could be in the Acoustic tent, which will probably mean a later slot. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Padgey said:

I'd be happy with that although they played T'Other stage a few years back it wasn't very busy, the festival opener always draws a big crowd though.

From his tweet a week or so ago he suggested a tent so they could be in the Acoustic tent, which will probably mean a later slot. 

The acoustic would be rammed for them. 

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Pyramid opener perhaps since they've already done Other? Acoustic headliner again would be annoying for clashes. The last King and Queen of Pop deserve another performance on the biggest stage of them all.

He has already said it's definitely in a tent.