Jamie T

Fake Encore

16 minutes ago, Fake Encore said:

He was the only act ever to headline the John Peel stage twice. 2007 & 2010.

I don't know what I was doing in 2015 but, yeah the Other Stage.  I have no memory of that whatsoever.

The way my memory works, it will come back to me in 2028

He had a massive crowd, before Chems. 

I was only a casual fan until that set, converted me, really was ace. 

Thought he could have made Pyramid sub level eventually but there’s just been too long between records for that. 

That 2014 Other stage set was epic fun, huge crowd that were up for it in a big way.  Whole field was bouncing.  Seems strange for him to have gone so long between albums, by all accounts he's a prodigious writer and recorder of new songs.

Edited by Spindles

3 hours ago, Spindles said:

That 2014 Other stage set was epic fun, huge crowd that were up for it in a big way.  Whole field was bouncing.  Seems strange for him to have gone so long between albums, by all accounts he's a prodigious writer and recorder of new songs.

He suffered with anxiety for a long time (panic prevention samples an anxiety DVD he was given) Read somewhere that's why he struggled in putting new music out

Saw him support the Mystery Jets in December 2005 (I think) and was just him and an acoustic bass. My mates and I were blown away, and were back at the same venue (Tunbridge Wells Forum) about a year later when the album came out and he had a full band. It was a pretty magical time, the first album is one of the soundtracks of being 18 for a lot of my pals. 

Seen him twice I think since then, and his crowd changed massively, last time was at Ally Pally in 2014, and that felt really aggressive, loads of people doing coke in the toilet etc. A colleague of a mate got set up on a blind date with him a few years back, apparently he showed up arseholed with a bottle of voddy and she didn't stick around long.