2023 legend slot

ProperTea

34 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

The opened the Other in 2014 didn't they?  I remember being by the desk and the sound was awful.

Can't exactly remember the year but I can clearly remember how awful they sounded.  Partly because it's The Other stage, partly because time has not been kind to Debbie's voice.

7 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Eurythmics said to be reuniting for a world tour!

An appearance by them would be legendary whatever slot they were given.

Just maybe… if it’s not a cash grab tour?

The story was definitely about money...

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/244149-headliners-2023/page/79/#comment-6499646 

Edited by clarkete

1 hour ago, AnonAnon said:

I'm 35, I've been to basically every legend slot, bar two, since 2008 and have enjoyed them all.  I've played studied music since I was 9 and my tastes span the history of music. I have never knowingly heard a Roxy Music song, whereas I have known and could sing multiple of the those I have seen.  Bryan Ferry's Dylanesque is a travesty, mind, I had heard that.

It doesn't make sense for me, to have them as the 'legend', and agree it should be an early afternoon pyramid slot for them.  I wouldn't have been shocked to see them headline an acoustic.  I've obviously heard of them.

For me, it all depends on 'how bubblegum' we want to go with the slot.  It feels premature for the Spice Girls but, personally, I didn't think Kylie was a great choice.  I watched her and she was good, but I didn't get the same feeling that I did when I saw a 'Paul Simon', or a Dolly, or even a Kenny: i.e. I just saw someone I might not get to see again who were icons.

Personally, if we want to break the chain of bubblegum, then I'd love John Fogerty.  Some of you may go 'who?', I may then say 'of Creedence Clearwater Revival' and a few may still go 'who?', but the man has sing along hits galore that everyone knows:

- Rocking all over the world

- Looking out my back door (big Lebowski fame)

- Have you ever seen the rain

- Bad Moon Rising

- Fortunate Son

- Run Through The Jungle

- Proud Mary (yes Tina fans, he wrote it)

- Heard it through the grapevine

- I put a spell on you

- Lodi

- Born on the Bayou

- Suzie Q

- Who'll stop the rain

- Up around the bend

- Travelling Band

- As long as I can see the light

I saw him support Springsteen once and it was almost Willie Nelson-esque combo of hit after hit.  This is obviously a dream, and not relevant to a rumour.  Just my two cents.

I sort of think Elton John makes more sense than Roxy, maybe even Pulp, although surely Pulp will be on before AM due to the Sheffield connection?

lol
lmao, even