The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

32 minutes ago, The Nal said:

So in summary - we still haven't a fucking clue

I have to say since a lot more (actual) doom mongers have entered this thread I’m quite the fan of your accurate posts. 

This far out is pretty pointless. 

Having said that, I’ll be in here tomorrow pretending to understand charts I’m utterly clueless about.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Pack for all eventualities. Boots, shorts for your lower half and layers for up top.

I know we've had a few years off but I'm beginning to think that people have forgotten what a British "summer" is like.

Edit to say yes the years off were glorious wall to wall sunshine but it was only ever toying with us.

Edited by JayBalls

Look, all we’re asking for is for the low pressure to lose to the high but not until a bit of rain moistens the ground a few days before, and not to go too far away so the temperatures keep comfortably mid-range. 

Is that so much to ask for? 

Edited by kalifire

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Pack for all eventualities. Boots, shorts for your lower half and layers for up top.

I've got a pair of zip off 3/4s. a few pairs of shorts. couple of t shirts, a buttned shirt and a hoodie. Along with rain gear. 

Bring anything

40 minutes ago, The Nal said:

So in summary - we still haven't a fucking clue

As always, but Where's the fun in that. All part of the build up, as been for years. I won't believe the forecast 2 days out even , but I will be checking in here on a regularly basis.  Traditions need to be kept

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

I've got a pair of zip off 3/4s. a few pairs of shorts. couple of t shirts, a buttned shirt and a hoodie. Along with rain gear. 

Bring anything

I got my Glasto gear down from the attic today. Amongst it all is a poncho. If current forecasts stick, I’ll not bother taking it.