2023 Festival

TheWaters

39 minutes ago, Benj said:

They’re in separate tents in the camp site

So the arena stays open for the late night stuff in the Alternative tent? It goes on until 3am according to clashfinder. They used to kick everyone out of the arena at 11 last time I went I think (2009), so not sure how it works these days

33 minutes ago, gregory said:

So the arena stays open for the late night stuff in the Alternative tent? It goes on until 3am according to clashfinder. They used to kick everyone out of the arena at 11 last time I went I think (2009), so not sure how it works these days

Thought they always showed movies and stuff to really late, even in the old days

Ive never once hung about to be honest

Not sure if they were the first band on on either occasion, but Lets Eat Grandma were on basically as soon as the 1975 finished in 2019 and AM finished last year at Leeds. Only walked past the tent in 2019 but there were only about twenty people there watching them last year. Don't think there was an arena kick out but not certain about re-entry after headliners

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, y0ungtitan said:

Not sure if they were the first band on on either occasion, but Lets Eat Grandma were on basically as soon as the 1975 finished in 2019 and AM finished last year at Leeds. Only walked past the tent in 2019 but there were only about twenty people there watching them last year. Don't think there was an arena kick out but not certain about re-entry after headliners

Not a late night point but I’ve walked past so many empty stages the last couple of years at all times of the day, even with fewer of them. The weakness of the stages at this point is ridiculous.

21 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Not a late night point but I’ve walked past so many empty stages the last couple of years at all times of the day, even with fewer of them. The weakness of the stages at this point is ridiculous.

People just don’t hang about with nothing to see

In the old days loads would bounce between the stages as there was always something worth seeing writhing 30-40 mins

Now if there’s a 2-3 hour gap between two acts you want to see you may as well piss off back to your tent have a sit down and save 6 quid on getting a pint 

The arena is half empty half the day these days. The 1extra and FR half empty for most of the acts, when they used to both be well attendees. 

1 hour ago, Benj said:

People just don’t hang about with nothing to see

In the old days loads would bounce between the stages as there was always something worth seeing writhing 30-40 mins

Now if there’s a 2-3 hour gap between two acts you want to see you may as well piss off back to your tent have a sit down and save 6 quid on getting a pint 

The arena is half empty half the day these days. The 1extra and FR half empty for most of the acts, when they used to both be well attendees. 

The FR Stage is so weak these days. Admittedly I don’t follow up and coming indie or rock as much as I used to but I’m they’re just not putting the money into it for obvious reasons.

I’ve seen some greats acts the last couple of years play to quarter full tents to the point where I’ve felt sorry for the band i.e Dinorsaur Pile-Up. Even Courting last year, much hyped set, half empty tent.

Theres definitely massive gaps now where I’m sat about, unless there’s secret sets I’ll have about three hours of nowt on the Billie and Killers days.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

The FR Stage is so weak these days. Admittedly I don’t follow up and coming indie or rock as much as I used to but I’m they’re just not putting the money into it for obvious reasons.

I’ve seen some greats acts the last couple of years play to quarter full tents to the point where I’ve felt sorry for the band i.e Dinorsaur Pile-Up. Even Courting last year, much hyped set, half empty tent.

Theres definitely massive gaps now where I’m sat about, unless there’s secret sets I’ll have about three hours of nowt on the Billie and Killers days.

I dread to think what they’ll be like this year with the festival obv far from sold out

They’ll probably use it as an excuse to close another one of them. mix the 1xtra with the FR and then wonder why EVEN less people are attending, as the arena exodus between popular acts increases further

19 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Really think the FR stage is the last thing that’s keeping me going.

Sad that there’s so many great names on that stage this year: High Vis, Sleep Token, Scowl, Joey Valance and Brae, Knocked Loose, Yonaka, Vistas, Tom Odell, The Royston Club, Ethel Cain

1 hour ago, TKOCF said:

Sad that there’s so many great names on that stage this year: High Vis, Sleep Token, Scowl, Joey Valance and Brae, Knocked Loose, Yonaka, Vistas, Tom Odell, The Royston Club, Ethel Cain

Tempted to get a Sunday ticket just for Ethel Cain

KennyHoopla and Sleep Token, two of the best things on clash with the 1975 now don’t they. It was previously the best thing about Capaldi playing

Theyll be empty now, although I guess there are enough 1975 haters who’ll be up for the killers who may fill the tent up

1 hour ago, TKOCF said:

Yeah I really want to see tons of acts on FR and the R1 stage, so "quarter full tents" sounds great to me as people = sh*t.

1 hour ago, gregory said:

Yeah I really want to see tons of acts on FR and the R1 stage, so "quarter full tents" sounds great to me as people = sh*t.

Some of the best sets I’ve seen were in the old R1 or FR tents when they were overflowing. Sadly those days are long gone.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

did we discuss campfires getting banned?

i check in here a fair bit but have missed it - seen a tiktok from a few weeks back showing it state it on the faqs

Think it was covered

22 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Some of the best sets I’ve seen were in the old R1 or FR tents when they were overflowing. Sadly those days are long gone.

Yup. Nothing worse than a 1/5th full ten. You just feel embarrassed for the artist

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gfa said:

did we discuss campfires getting banned?

i check in here a fair bit but have missed it - seen a tiktok from a few weeks back showing it state it on the faqs

About time too! 

If this rain keeps up (arrived on site today), fires won't be possible anyway 😂

1 hour ago, she bangs the drums said:

Over 200 weekend tickets on Twickets for Leeds, a month before the festival. Probably end up double that come the week of the the festival.

I reckon we will see tickets going for £100 to £125, would anyone be more interested at that price? 

I’m waiting until ticketmaster resale opens or ticket transfer is enabled, saw a Leeds weekend one at £212 on twickets yesterday but considering I got my weekend ticket at £215 last year in late July I’m hanging on yet

• Upvote 1

On 7/26/2023 at 9:37 PM, andyrhodes24 said:

I know it's been discussed countless times on here, but they need to scrap the two main stage set up and bring back the R1/NME tent. I get why they did it in 2021, COVID measures and all that, but when I went last year I felt like a piece of the festival's soul was missing. How many up and coming acts in years gone by have made their breakthrough in that tent?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

Over 200 weekend tickets on Twickets for Leeds, a month before the festival. Probably end up double that come the week of the the festival.

I reckon we will see tickets going for £100 to £125, would anyone be more interested at that price? 

Friday Leeds is my least favourite day but if I can bag a day ticket for £50 or under, I may go just so I don’t break my streak. If I did go, I’d want to see:

Billie Eilish

Steve Lacey

Rina Sawayama

The Amazons

Imagine Dragons (just for ‘It’s Time’ as Glee left a permanent scar on me)

Becky Hill (my fiancée likes her and tbf she was very good in 2022/21, whenever she played last) 

Lil Tjay (to see if I can differentiate him from a/n/other modern hip hop star who’s placement I don’t get) 

Don Broco

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Friday Leeds is my least favourite day but if I can bag a day ticket for £50 or under, I may go just so I don’t break my streak. If I did go, I’d want to see:

Billie Eilish

Steve Lacey

Rina Sawayama

The Amazons

Imagine Dragons (just for ‘It’s Time’ as Glee left a permanent scar on me)

Becky Hill (my fiancée likes her and tbf she was very good in 2022/21, whenever she played last) 

Lil Tjay (to see if I can differentiate him from a/n/other modern hip hop star who’s placement I don’t get) 

Don Broco

Turns out I’m in the country for The Weeknd and only have an arvo in Burgess Hill as an alternative on the Sunday

So tempted to get day tickets if I can get  in for £50 or so

Only issue would be persuading my 79 year old dad to hang about all arvo while we went!

I could get my 10 and 6 year old in free right?

Ethel Cain and McKenna will make it worthwhile for me, Eilish and Imagine Dragons, for wife/ kids. 

reckon a 6 year old will do fine on a Sunday with a non sold out crowd, way back. Just lash an apple airtag in her sock!

1 hour ago, VCK said:

I know it's been discussed countless times on here, but they need to scrap the two main stage set up and bring back the R1/NME tent. I get why they did it in 2021, COVID measures and all that, but when I went last year I felt like a piece of the festival's soul was missing. How many up and coming acts in years gone by have made their breakthrough in that tent?

I have no opinion on this 

1 hour ago, VCK said:

There was nothing better than a headline or secret set in the R1, always got proper atmosphere. At the very least it was a decent place to shelter from the rain. Standouts for me have been BMTH, 21 Pilots, Courteeners, The Wombats, Two Door.