2023 Festival

TheWaters

The wombats posting a picture of them at Reading 21 today and then saying this summers turning out to be huge on the festival front for us. Screams them doing the opening "special guest" slot on the Friday as NBT, Frank Carter has done in the years post COVID. 

5 hours ago, Buko said:

The wombats posting a picture of them at Reading 21 today and then saying this summers turning out to be huge on the festival front for us. Screams them doing the opening "special guest" slot on the Friday as NBT, Frank Carter has done in the years post COVID. 

I cannot see them doing the opening slot. Probably just them posting a random festival video honestly, those landfill indie bands do that kind of thing all the time. They are already at so many festivals too i just can't see it

8 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Boygenius (Julien Baker, Phoebe Bridgers, and Lucy Dacus) are doing shows in August with MUNA. Could there be potential there as it is a FR show?

Halifax is on the outskirts of Leeds and Gunnersbury is in west london so very near Reading

I'd say definitely not.

Info is that they are doing Connect

23 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Ah yes didnt think about that actually

I was going to edit this but the site died before i got the chance - they are meant to be at Connect in scotland too

I don't think as far as names the fest could book boygenius would help much. money could be far better spent

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Halifax is on the outskirts of Leeds and Gunnersbury is in west london so very near Reading

I'd say definitely not.

Info is that they are doing Connect

Not the kind of thing you see at Reading anymore sadly

On 2/21/2023 at 7:55 PM, foolee said:

Yungblud dates finish this weekend so pretty sure he’ll be announced to sub Billie with the dates he’s already announced in August. 

I really hope so! Seen him twice in the last 5 days, he's unbelievable live. Love him so for me, this would boost the lineup MASSIVELY.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TownNation said:

I really hope so! Seen him twice in the last 5 days, he's unbelievable live. Love him so for me, this would boost the lineup MASSIVELY.

Yeah I watched him last night and the first night of the tour. He’s getting better and better. Great live act and the show on this tour was very good. Would definitely make it look stronger with his addition. 

14 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I think both Turnstile and The Story So Far will be part of this announcement. 

As Turnstile aren’t at Download I think they’ll definitely be announced. Not sure on TSSF as I’ve not seen their dates but this announcement could make it look a lot stronger, especially for the rock fans. 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Oh dear 😂 setting yourself up for disappointed there knowing old Melvin 

I know I know 😂 To be fair though surely something out of 70+ will strengthen the lineup

To be fair though i am fairly happy with what we have already, it could just do with some bigger names to boost it

Edited by nathanh