2023 Festival

TheWaters

31 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Certainly not logistically, they’re free that weekend as it stands. Just whether they’d appeal to the camping crowd these days.

You could argue that about Rage though, an act like Rage and Blur would really only be to draw in day tickets from the older demographic 

Imagine the absolute scenes when it turns out we were trolled for the headliners, there haven't been dropouts either and we get a sweet lineup.

For the record it definitely was -

Sam Fender | Billie Eilish | Greenday

KSI | Foals | Paramore

Nothing But Thieves definitely subbing Foals,

Don Broco are definitely subbing or 3rd down on Paramore,

Yun

Edited by Chad888

Killers would be a far better booking than Green Day although both are due a return.

Good thing about this six is theres no very short timescale repeats like we've had a lot recently and 2/3 proper headliners are new (they could have got someone else in last minute other than the 1975, atlhough we'd just get them in 2023 it sounds like).

12 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Are we sure Paramore will be MSW? I'm not so convinced

I think you could get away with either, but MSW is fine. They've nearly sold out 6 UK arena dates, BMTH completely sold out 5 but at the same time the larger RnL demographic isn't looking at them as much as they're looking at AM. 

39 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Imagine the absolute scenes when it turns out we were trolled for the headliners, there haven't been dropouts either and we get a sweet lineup.

For the record it definitely was -

Sam Fender | Billie Eilish | Greenday

KSI | Foals | Paramore

Nothing But Thieves definitely subbing Foals,

Don Broco are definitely subbing or 3rd down on Paramore,

Yun

Just to make sure, Paramore didn’t come from me! Hopefully they’re there though.

26 minutes ago, gfa said:

Killers would be a far better booking than Green Day although both are due a return.

Good thing about this six is theres no very short timescale repeats like we've had a lot recently and 2/3 proper headliners are new (they could have got someone else in last minute other than the 1975, atlhough we'd just get them in 2023 it sounds like).

I'd love Greenday for the nostalgia but going over their music, I'd enjoy probably 20 minutes of music:

American Idiot, Good Riddance, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Wake me up when September ends, Holiday, Jesus of Suburbia

Killers however can put on a setlist of 20 and I'd know every word. The below 10 would be an hour of quality for me.

Mr Brightside,

Smile Like you Mean it,

Somebody Told Me,

All these that you've done,

Read my mind,

When you were young,

Human,

Spaceman,

Dustland Fairytale (was meant to be my first dance),

The Man

37 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Has Paramore even come from anyone? Thought it was just people willing it to happen more than anything

WhoOdyssey heard from KSI that there were 5 headliners who he named, and a 6th that was as then unnamed but they assumed it was Paramore.

It was then discussed "could it be MGK" as he said at his show he wanted to headline one day.

I then heard from a journo friend that it was Paramore.

Paramore then announced they were touring alongside Foals, both have started being announced for festivals.

They co-headlined last time in what would now be a MSW slot, and haven't done anything since then until that latest album. You wouldn't really expect them to be MSE unless there were other huge names alongside.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

I get that you prefer the Killers, but Green Day is considered bigger (not only on spotify or stuff like that, but they, for example, performed (and sold out) in bigger places than The Killers in Italy, France and Germany. maybe not England, this I don't know)

12 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

I get that you prefer the Killers, but Green Day is considered bigger (not only on spotify or stuff like that, but they, for example, performed (and sold out) in bigger places than The Killers in Italy, France and Germany. maybe not England, this I don't know)

The Killers sold out a full 13 date stadium tour, albeit some smaller ones but did two nights at the Emirates and Old Trafford.. could Green Day do that? Not sure but they only did 4 dates on the Hella Mega and that was with Fall out Boy although all 4 did sell out I think.

9 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Im not saying that Billie isn't, Billie certainly is I'm just not sure about Sam just yet

In Billie and Sam you have the biggest American and British artists right this moment in time, respectively.

Paramore will still be a big draw, plenty of people who are, ahem, still into them, but Sam is becoming something of a household name.