Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

7 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Has anyone had much experience stewarding/litter picking? I'm signed up this year for litter picking, anyone know what to expect?

Barely any litter if last year was anything to go by! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, moonage505 said:

On what basis is the clash finder putting Bicep on after Beach House even though on the lineup right now they're listed as Far Out headliner for Saturday? I am praying they are on after because I'm dying to see both!

A reply from the fest to someone on social media

3 hours ago, moonage505 said:

On what basis is the clash finder putting Bicep on after Beach House even though on the lineup right now they're listed as Far Out headliner for Saturday? I am praying they are on after because I'm dying to see both!

Isn't there still an overlap on there though?

16 hours ago, moonage505 said:

Eh? They are headlining Far Out and aren't after Beach House on the clashfinder, there's an overlap because the festival confirmed there's one.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

On 7/7/2022 at 9:47 AM, SweepingTheNation said:

Eh? They are headlining Far Out and aren't after Beach House on the clashfinder, there's an overlap because the festival confirmed there's one.

Didn’t mean for that to sound rude if it did! In my head a 15 min overlap isn’t a massive clash, most of biceps set is after beach house finish which is what I was surprised to see. Could’ve sworn in the past far out headliners and mountain stage headliners run concurrently is all. Works great for me anyway.

On 7/3/2022 at 2:56 PM, lessthanwill1 said:

Saturday for me will look like this: Ichiko Aoba > Donny Benét > Minyo Crusaders > Lemondaze > Blue Bendy > Mdou Moctar > Deathcrash > Aleg G > Arooj Aftab > TORRES > Beach House > Bicep > Optimo 

As @benali has already said, Ichiko Aoba will be an incredibly beautiful set.  I am a little bit worried about how she will fare on such a big stage as I am presuming she will not be bringing an orchestra with her (like she sometimes does for her own shows) and it will instead just be her.  However, she is incredibly talented and has an unbelievably beautiful voice so I expect it will still be extremely good. 

Donny Benét is an Aussie bloke making sleazy/cheesy post-disco bangers.  Might not be your thing but i think he'll be a lot of fun!  Was hoping he'd be after dark on the Walled Garden as I think people would be more up for it then but should still be good. 

Minyo Crusaders are a 10-piece Japanese group doing traditional Japanese music but heavily influenced by non-Japanese musical sounds like afro-funk, reggae, ethio-kazz, bolero etc. There's a really good recording online of their set at Le Guess Who? from a few years ago, which I would definitely recommend. 

Lemondaze are a very good shoegaze band.  They supported Ride this year and if you're into Ride/Slowdive then you'll probably enjoy 

Thanks, this is really helpful. Will definitely enjoy Lemondaze and Ichiko Aoba from what i've been listening to and Minyo Crusaders are now a definite must see.

1 hour ago, benali said:

Dactyl Terra won which is great for those of us who like a bit of psych at GM.

Nice, just listening to it now and will definitely check them out!