Jump to content

Green Man 2022


the wonderwhy
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, benali said:

No weather predictions yet, or is everyone just massively confident the good weather will stay and we'll have a glorious week of early 20c and light winds?

The Met Office long range currently says of 18th August-3rd September "Occasional bouts of more unsettled weather are likely for this period. These increase the likelihood of thunderstorms, especially in the south and west." Obviously they won't know accurately until nearer the time but something that specific suggests they've seen something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, august1 said:

my stewarding application has been approved, no further details yet though!

nice one! be good to hear of the experience after, can't imagine (at GM anyway) that it wouldn't be other than positive...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, axel75 said:

Some of the bands have moved their days around on the GM website.

Apparently this is correct and a new day splits poster will be out soon.

Main one seems to be Mdou Moctar who have moved to the Friday.

I was about to go through the Clashfinder but it turns out lessthanwill already has. One thing he's noted is that Gretel Hanlyn has disappeared from the Thursday split but she's still on the full line-up page (unlike Natalie Bergman, who it seems has cut her Euro visit short)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, axel75 said:

Some of the bands have moved their days around on the GM website.

Apparently this is correct and a new day splits poster will be out soon.

Main one seems to be Mdou Moctar who have moved to the Friday.

Just had a quick look hoping they'd seen sense and were no longer clashing Kiwanuka with Parquet Courts. No such luck 😞 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fish Bulb said:

Just had a quick look hoping they'd seen sense and were no longer clashing Kiwanuka with Parquet Courts. No such luck 😞 
 

EOTR all over again. I chose to do half and half that time, but wasn’t satisfactory really, should have chosen one and stayed there 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2022 at 2:27 PM, mario man said:

A long shot this so late in the day but I’m looking for a kids ticket. Me and child #2 are already going but my wife is pleading with me to take child #1 for the sake of her sanity and some respite from the constant arguments with child #3!

I’ve been looking on fanticks and twickets but it’s all adult tickets or pairs at the moment.

As I said a real long shot but if anyone knows of anyone looking to offload a kids ticket I’d be most grateful. Many thanks!

I managed to pick up a little folk ticket on twickets so have sorted my oldest and my wife is happy.
Now with 2 kids in tow I will be taking on a carefully balanced level of alcohol to get me through the wkend in control of the kids and with sanity in tact 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, mario man said:

I managed to pick up a little folk ticket on twickets so have sorted my oldest and my wife is happy.
Now with 2 kids in tow I will be taking on a carefully balanced level of alcohol to get me through the wkend in control of the kids and with sanity in tact 

When our kids were younger we would tag team it so one adult stays with them in the Kids area so they can be entertained by the amazing Flying Seagulls while the other one goes off and watches bands. 

As much as I'm enjoying the freedom that having older kids brings I do miss laughing at kids comedy corner and getting involved in the massive kids field procession through the site on the Sunday afternoon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was about to say the changes had left me pretty unaffected until I noticed Kraftwerk and Jessie Buckley now firmly clash and Ural Thomas and Jenny Hval overlap. Unless that was always the case and I’m just snowblinded by all the stuff I want to see! Not feeling so smug now😕

Edited by Mambonumberfive
Spell check
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can I just check - I bought my ticket via FanTicks which the seller has forwarded onto me. The bottom of the transaction & customer numbers on the right hand side of the ticket are slightly cut off by the Green Man Banner across the middle of the page. Are all tickets like this?

Just want to make sure the ticket isn't dodgy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Can I just check - I bought my ticket via FanTicks which the seller has forwarded onto me. The bottom of the transaction & customer numbers on the right hand side of the ticket are slightly cut off by the Green Man Banner across the middle of the page. Are all tickets like this?

Just want to make sure the ticket isn't dodgy.

Hi, both are clear on mine. The unique ticket number seems to be the one under the barcodes though so if they are clear hopefully you are ok.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, benali said:

When our kids were younger we would tag team it so one adult stays with them in the Kids area so they can be entertained by the amazing Flying Seagulls while the other one goes off and watches bands. 

As much as I'm enjoying the freedom that having older kids brings I do miss laughing at kids comedy corner and getting involved in the massive kids field procession through the site on the Sunday afternoon.

Ah cheers, Flying Seagulls were at a local festival near us earlier this summer and the kids loved them.
Looking at the website there seems loads for them to do. They’re not too young, 10 & 11, and have been to a fair few other festivals so it shouldn’t be too stressful… fingers crossed!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, mario man said:

Ah cheers, Flying Seagulls were at a local festival near us earlier this summer and the kids loved them.
Looking at the website there seems loads for them to do. They’re not too young, 10 & 11, and have been to a fair few other festivals so it shouldn’t be too stressful… fingers crossed!

You'll be fine. There's plenty for kids at Green Man.

I'll probably pop in the kids field just to donate to Flying Seagulls, the work they do oversees in refugee camps and poor areas is just amazing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2022 at 10:47 AM, JHad said:

Quite underwhelming, but a few decent additions.

I've heard good things about Mandrake Handshake, but not seen them yet.

What's Rhodri Davies like solo? Seen him a few times as part of Hen Ogledd, but assume it's quite different!

Mesmerising. His last album was played on a harp of horse hair/parts and was lovely . It was inspired by 13th century Welsh texts. He also shreds his other harps which is equally absorbing

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2022 at 1:08 PM, OddRon said:

BCNR clashing with Beach House now is a gutter but means I can see Alex G and Willie J Healey now 

Horrible clash for me. Ants is one of my favourite albums of a very good year but they're not going to play any of that. Might have to leave it and see how I feel on the day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, _Tommy_ said:

Does anyone know if we actually*have* to print the tickets or can show them on a phone screen? 

I can't know for certain as I don't work there. But if it's a QR code like my volunteering ticket is then there's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't work on a phone and I can't see them making a fuss about it with it being not on paper. Better for the environment on a phone screen too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, can't see them forcing people to print them out. Imagine if that was the case there would be a huge amount of messages telling everyone they had to.

I never print out tickets for any gigs or football matches and I'm not starting now unless they specifically tell me to.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...